What rides have you been stuck on when they broke down?

In relation to Disney Parks but not specific to a single resort

Moderator: Moderators

jpsevil
Main Street Cinema Projectionist
Main Street Cinema Projectionist

Post by jpsevil » Mar Tue 15, 2005 4:52 pm

I definitely rode again. It was freaky because we never knew when we were going to drop. It was weird to hear "You are about to discover what lies beyond the fifth dimension...beyond the deepest, darkest corner of the imagination...in the Tower of Terror" and then have nothing happen. It was pretty cool though! :)

Paige

Post by Paige » Mar Tue 15, 2005 10:31 pm

I've been stuck on Test Track in the heat chamber
for 10-15 minutes. Yes, it does get hot in the
heat chamber. There were also technical
difficultes during the barrier test.

slotofkit
Mike Fink Keel Boats Boatswain

Post by slotofkit » Mar Sat 19, 2005 2:47 am

I've been stuck on the PeopleMover at Disneyland. And been stuck on the Rocket Rods. Which is a little ironic....

kgmadorin
Peter Pan's Flight Pixie Duster

Post by kgmadorin » Mar Tue 22, 2005 3:07 pm

Anyone been evacuated from an attraction? It's pretty rare, but if the downtime is going to be more than about 20 minutes, they try to evac to get the guests on their way again. Now THAT'S an experience! We dreaded getting those calls on the radio in City Hall.

Any evacuation nightmare stories?

slotofkit

Post by slotofkit » Mar Tue 22, 2005 4:24 pm

The time I got stuck on the PeopleMover, I had to be evacuated. And I had gotten a headache while on the ride because it was so hot that day. When we got stuck, cast members kept coming by about every 15 minutes, about (we were stuck for at least an hour) and they would say "we'll get you out in just a couple of minutes." I still liked the PeopleMover after that, though.

subsonic
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by subsonic » Mar Tue 22, 2005 4:42 pm

I've been evacuated from Peoplemover. It was right after going past Space Mountain. So we were able to walk past Space Mountain on the Peoplemover track and see the attraction through the glass. They then took us down some stairs that wound up in the exit of Star Tours. Whee
Join our chat in Discord: https://discord.gg/zw5by3z

wssymes
Fire Engine Driver
Fire Engine Driver

Post by wssymes » Mar Wed 23, 2005 10:07 am

Well, my wife, sister, her husband and I were stuck on the Amazing Spideman Ride at Universal Studios Florida. I know it's not a Disney ride, but we got a chance to walk through the ride with the lights on. It was neat to see the inner workings of the ride. Very cool. Too bad the ride was closed down for the rest of the day.

kgmadorin

Post by kgmadorin » Mar Fri 25, 2005 8:43 am

I think the consensus among cast members was that the water-based attractions (i.e. Pirates of the Caribbean) were the worst to evacuate. Did you hear the same thing, subsonic?

On a few occasions I had to help with service recovery after those evacs, and I remember the attraction CMs being p*** about having to put on those waders, get into the water and push the boats around. Let's just say that I don't think the water in those attractions gets filtered, so it's probably not a good idea to fill up any water bottles while floating through it's a small world.

Gizmata
Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln Usher
Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln Usher

Post by Gizmata » Apr Wed 06, 2005 5:20 pm

The best ride I got suck on was thunder mountain (WDW) on the first lift. The waterfall was pretty cool for a bit, plus we were in the shade. The cast member that came out to check on us took our pictures and was really friendly. I think the wait was about 25 minutes and we got to go through a second time right after. The ride actually did seem slower the first run after the stoppage.

Evacuated off Splash Mountain right before the roller coaster.

Got drenched on the Splash Mountain roller coaster because the back wasn't heavy enough (or we were too heavy in the front) and did a nose dive into the water (going around the corner so the water came over the side). That didnt stop the ride, but it wasn't my idea of fun having my leg drenched in the water with glow-under-black-light paint. It was kinda cool though going on dark rides later and seeing exactly where the water had been. ;)

I think we got evacuated from America Sings once too. But that was so long ago I am not sure anymore. :(

All the others I can remember were probably loading delays. HM at the Grim Grinning ghosts was pretty sweet.

At WDW my mom got to Mr Toad first thing one day. Rode the ride with no lights on.. So they turned them on and let her go again. :)

-------
kgmadorin wrote:Let's just say that I don't think the water in those attractions gets filtered, so it's probably not a good idea to fill up any water bottles while floating through it's a small world.
At least the water in small world has been clear the times i have been on it.. Pirates is dark enough it could be filthy and you couldn't tell.. well maybe at the entry part where the sunlight does come in ;)

subsonic
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by subsonic » Apr Thu 07, 2005 11:04 am

Gizmata wrote:The ride actually did seem slower the first run after the stoppage.
The wheels they use have grease in them. As they heat up the trains go faster. After sitting there for 25 minutes they would have cooled down a bit. This is why people say "They speed up Space Mountain at night". Which is completely untrue. It's all gravity driven. But because the wheels are quite warmed up it's faster.
Join our chat in Discord: https://discord.gg/zw5by3z

Lion Sleeps Tonight
Rocket Jets Flight Director
Rocket Jets Flight Director

Post by Lion Sleeps Tonight » Apr Thu 07, 2005 2:29 pm

subsonic wrote:
Gizmata wrote:The ride actually did seem slower the first run after the stoppage.
The wheels they use have grease in them. As they heat up the trains go faster. After sitting there for 25 minutes they would have cooled down a bit. This is why people say "They speed up Space Mountain at night". Which is completely untrue. It's all gravity driven. But because the wheels are quite warmed up it's faster.
Heh, well you learn something new everyday! I'll just file that bit of information in the back of my brain in case it ever comes up.
"A pirate in irons be full o' guile.
And the blackest 'art wears the broadest smile."

Oh, and "Welcome Home."

Madamx

Post by Madamx » Apr Wed 13, 2005 2:55 pm

kronk's angel wrote:
jpsevil wrote:
RiaLucia wrote:I usually don't mind getting stopped on Spaceship Earth either, unless it is when you're turned around moving backwards...yikes
That happened to us! I thought it was sort of relaxing, but the kids were freaking out...

Very brief though.
That happened to us as well. My niece was with me and she was fine but I wasn't too impressed. :lol:

lovesdisney44
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider

Post by lovesdisney44 » Apr Thu 14, 2005 7:48 am

Pirates of the Carribean one time a long time ago. And the Winnie the Pooh Ride.

disneydreamer58
PeopleMover People Mover
PeopleMover People Mover

Post by disneydreamer58 » Apr Thu 14, 2005 8:14 am

I have been on the HM ride and it stopped for about 5 -10 min's , never evacuated from any ride though. It's always been when the doom buggie turns backwards & tilts and I loved it, very relaxing. I think I might have heard someone snoring in the buggie behind me, or maybe it was me and it was just echoing :shock:

d00watiwant

No Splashing Please!

Post by d00watiwant » Apr Thu 21, 2005 2:26 am

It's funny I got stuck on Splash Mountain 2 times in one day. The first time we were just getting ready to climb up for the final drop and then it broke. We all had to get off the ride and went behind the scenes of the ride. They gave us a pass ride the ride if it opened back up later on that day. It was like a fast pass. We got the chance to go to the front of the line with everyone else who got stranded. We rode the ride and right as we went down the final drop it broke down again. Talk about luck.[/img]