What rides have you been stuck on when they broke down?

In relation to Disney Parks but not specific to a single resort

Moderator: Moderators

zenmondo

Post by zenmondo » Nov Mon 08, 2004 5:19 pm

The only ride I remember getting stuck on was the Haunted Mansion at Disneyland. Unfortunatly, It stopped, just as my Doombuggy was turning, giving me an angled view of the ballroom scene.

It was then, that I discovered the basis of the illusion. You see I could see a green, illuminated EXIT sign reflected in the same plane as the dancing ghosts.

Fantasrick
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider

Splash Mountain

Post by Fantasrick » Dec Mon 27, 2004 7:00 pm

I was briefly stuck on Splash Mountain. We weren't evacuated, but it was right before the last drop. The anticipation was building......

Lion Sleeps Tonight
Rocket Jets Flight Director
Rocket Jets Flight Director

Re: Splash Mountain

Post by Lion Sleeps Tonight » Dec Mon 27, 2004 7:40 pm

rickeisenstein wrote:I was briefly stuck on Splash Mountain. We weren't evacuated, but it was right before the last drop. The anticipation was building......
wow, thats a little bit scary.
"A pirate in irons be full o' guile.
And the blackest 'art wears the broadest smile."

Oh, and "Welcome Home."

kronk's angel
Mike Fink Keel Boats Boatswain
Mike Fink Keel Boats Boatswain

Post by kronk's angel » Jan Mon 03, 2005 10:23 am

Haunted Mansion. 3 times, same spot. Weird.

Next to the casket, facing backwards, looking down the hallway at the floating candlestick. :roll:
No, no... He's got a point.

subsonic
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by subsonic » Jan Mon 03, 2005 12:41 pm

Were they long breakdowns on HM or just 1 or 2 minutes? They stop Haunted Mansion all the time for Special Assistance Guests to get on. The Cast Members have remotes on their sides to stop the ride.

Though 3 times in the same spot is strange.
Join our chat in Discord: https://discord.gg/zw5by3z

G2-4T
Columbia Sailing Ship Admiral

Post by G2-4T » Jan Mon 03, 2005 2:59 pm

I've been on HM when it went down for 15 minutes or so, though they never cleared out the ride. Test Track is another one, it was in the process of breaking down and we sat on the track moving a few feet every couple minutes for a while until they eased the cars back to the loading area.

On SM in DL I got stuck just before you take the turn to head up the ramp and they hit the lights and moved everyone out - sort of glad it was there and not up in the ride!

Other than that just the usual 1-2 min. stops to let wheelchairs, etc. on board.

Skippy
Main Street Horse Car Coachman
Main Street Horse Car Coachman

Post by Skippy » Jan Mon 03, 2005 5:04 pm

I have been stuck on the WDW Haunted Mansion twice, once with Madame Leota for 20 minutes :shock: The other time was when I was younger, we got stuck at the end with the Madame Leota mini figure for only a few minutes and then a cast member let us out. But man those few minutes were terrible because that figure always creeped me out. I have also been stuck on Test Track, once as we went around the first turn, right before the hill. We were escourted off after a lengthy weight :x Another time we weighted in line for Test Track and we were next to get on and then it breaks down! We waited around 30 minutes while the tested the ride before they finally let us exit. We were only handed an all day Fast Pass but that didn't do us any good because by the time they fixed it so many people had Fast Passes it was faster to wait the regular line! And lastly, I was stuck on Buzz Lightyear's Space Ranger Spin so long that about halfway through the ride I hit the maximum amount of point and just enjoyed the scenery for the rest of the ride :wink:

G2-4T

Post by G2-4T » Jan Mon 03, 2005 5:19 pm

Oh yeah - I forgot about Buzz, been stuck there too [to the point where the lights come on and the automated walkway handrails come up] and got one heck of a good score while we waited! That is a fun one to get stuck on, anywhere you sit [except the movie tunnel] there is a lot to take in, a good way to appreciate the details since usually I'm aiming for the targets...

QuickGold
Davy Crockett's Explorer Canoes Guide

Post by QuickGold » Jan Sat 08, 2005 4:48 pm

I got stuck on Space Mountain once and they turned the lights on and had to take us out.
Matt

[b][url=http://www.studioscentral.com]Studios Central[/url]
[url=http://www.wdwtoday.com]WDW Today Podcast[/url]
[url=http://www.towerofterror.org/tower.html]TowerOfTerror.Org[/url][/b]

Disneynut
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider

Post by Disneynut » Jan Sat 08, 2005 11:25 pm

We were stuck on the Dinosaur ride last year for about five minutes.

QuickGold

Post by QuickGold » Jan Sat 08, 2005 11:37 pm

Disneynut wrote:We were stuck on the Dinosaur ride last year for about five minutes.
The ride is scary enough as it is, I cant imagine getting stuck on it :P
Matt

[b][url=http://www.studioscentral.com]Studios Central[/url]
[url=http://www.wdwtoday.com]WDW Today Podcast[/url]
[url=http://www.towerofterror.org/tower.html]TowerOfTerror.Org[/url][/b]

rick-g-tn

Post by rick-g-tn » Jan Wed 12, 2005 8:43 pm

I have been stuck on Splash mountain with the lights on.

Darren
Swiss Family Treehouse Guide
Swiss Family Treehouse Guide

Post by Darren » Jan Wed 12, 2005 10:41 pm

Skippy wrote:I have been stuck on the WDW Haunted Mansion twice, once with Madame Leota for 20 minutes :shock:
Heh, the smiley with the big eyeballs made me laugh. I can't imagine being stuck, listening to her yammering away for twenty minutes! Possibly the only thing worse might be if you ended up next to one of the spooks that jump up and scream from behind a tombstone, eh?

I've only ever been stuck for very brief periods of time. Though I stood up on the Pirates of the Carribean one time, the boat stopped, and there was an announcement saying not to stand up on the ride. Then the ride continued. It stopped for probably five seconds tops.

Post by Guest » Jan Thu 13, 2005 9:37 am

Whe we got stuck, they brought up the maintenance lights and left them on for the rest of the ride. It was neat to see the tracks at all of the drops.

Vivi

Post by Vivi » Jan Fri 14, 2005 12:32 am

Hmm... I got stuck in the Haunted Mansion once
at the part where the Hitchhiking Ghost appears in your buggie :D
it was fun, you don't really get to know him very well ;) I had lots of time... hehe

I also got stuck on Ellen's Energy Adventure D: When you start moving into the dinosaur part, and they had to "evacuate" us