What rides have you been stuck on when they broke down?

In relation to Disney Parks but not specific to a single resort

Moderator: Moderators

amychester

What rides have you been stuck on when they broke down?

Post by amychester » Oct Tue 12, 2004 5:15 pm

Has this ever happened to you? Have you ever been evacuated?

I've been stuck for 5-15 minutes on Big Thunder, Haunted Mansion, People Mover and BuzzLightYear

I was evacuated from Ellen's Energy Adventure once, right before they reveal the answer to Final Jeopardy.

The worst that's ever happened to me was getting stuck on Test Track. We were in the hot room for close to 30 minutes, and they left the hot red lights on for about the first 15 of that. It was torture. The people in the car in front of us, in the cold room, had a child who screamed over and over. My husband was mighty po'ed.

Finally, they evacuated us, and it was kinda cool to walk thru the ride with the lights on. THey gave us purple passes to come back. I went to Guest Services and complained (it was so hot in that room!) and we got comped day passes.

sockfire
Shooting Galleries Gun Cleaner

Space Mtn

Post by sockfire » Oct Tue 12, 2004 10:54 pm

I was on Peoplemover once at WDW when Space Mountain broke down. The lights were on, so I snapped a quick picture. :D If anyone wants to see it, let me know.

Usually I'm in the line when the ride breaks down. :(

Post by Guest » Oct Tue 12, 2004 11:15 pm

sockfire wrote:I was on Peoplemover once at WDW when Space Mountain broke down. The lights were on, so I snapped a quick picture. :D If anyone wants to see it, let me know.

I'd kinda like to see Space Mountain with the lights on... :)

As far as getting stuck on a ride, I was once stuck on it's a small world for about 30 minutes. That darn song playing over and over again and again. ruined it for me... :cry:

js3901
Matterhorn Bobsleds Climber

Post by js3901 » Oct Tue 12, 2004 11:16 pm

my bad. The above post was by me. I just forgot to log in... :oops:

amychester

Post by amychester » Oct Wed 13, 2004 7:45 am

I know what you mean about small world - sometimes the boats get so backed up that you are waiting 15-20 minutes just in a traffic jam!

subsonic
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by subsonic » Oct Wed 13, 2004 12:26 pm

I was on people mover once and had to evacuated. We walked down the Star-Case ramp and exited through a door above Star Tours which lead to the Star Tours exit. Kinda nifty.

Of course, I've had to Evacuate people from Space Mountain several times :)

pgreger

Post by pgreger » Oct Wed 13, 2004 6:36 pm

I've been stuck on a couple different rides at D-Land for a 5-15 minute down time. Matterhorn (just before the water at the end of the ride), Indy, Haunted Mansion (although that might have been the pause for a handicapped person to transit and they just took a really long time). Thank god never It's a Small World!!!!

But I've been stuck on Splash Mountain the most. 4 times total. Twice we had to get out of our log and walk out!!!!

MrToad
Main Street Cinema Projectionist
Main Street Cinema Projectionist

Post by MrToad » Oct Wed 13, 2004 10:02 pm

I've got evacuated off of Splash Mountain... twice. One was on the first lift, and second was the last lift. :lol:
-Adam-

Shinku
Mike Fink Keel Boats Boatswain
Mike Fink Keel Boats Boatswain

Post by Shinku » Oct Thu 14, 2004 12:43 am

js- I don't think you'd really want to see space mountain with the lights on. One, it totally ruins the magic, Two, you're afraid to ever put your hands up on that ride EVER again! I've been evacuated off of it once and they had to turn the lights on and oh jeez.... :roll: You get the point.

I've been stuck on Haunted Mansion multiple times, but never at any of the "good parts". I was stuck on the part where your doom buggy flips around and you descend a hill backwards before you get to the graveyard for almost an hour! It sucked hardcore that my partner in the buggy was a major whiner.

I got stuck on POTC in June for nearly 15 minutes on the last part where the pirates are shooting at each other from both sides of your boat and the two pirates are trying to lift the treasure up the hill. They left the music on the whole time and even for me it wore thin.

js3901

Post by js3901 » Oct Thu 14, 2004 8:43 pm

Shinku wrote:js- I don't think you'd really want to see space mountain with the lights on. One, it totally ruins the magic, Two, you're afraid to ever put your hands up on that ride EVER again! I've been evacuated off of it once and they had to turn the lights on and oh jeez.... :roll: You get the point.
Still, all the same, I'd kinda like to see it. I don't put my hands up on roller coasters much, if at all, anyways, so it wouldn't bother me any. The reason I don't is I'm usually holding a backpack or two at the time, so it makes it kinda hard. And, as far as the magic is concerned, I'll see the picture now, but by the time I go on SM next, I'll have forgotten it (short term memory).

So, Bring it on, Sockfire... =^)

subsonic
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by subsonic » Oct Fri 15, 2004 11:47 am

There's no point where your hands will hit anything if you raise them. I've even stood up on the ride when we did an end of the night ride through. Shhh.

eagle4life69
Rocket Jets Flight Director

Re: Space Mtn

Post by eagle4life69 » Oct Sat 16, 2004 3:57 am

sockfire wrote: so I snapped a quick picture. :D If anyone wants to see it, let me know.

Yeah you should totally Upload it so we can all see it.

sockfire

space mtn pic

Post by sockfire » Oct Sun 17, 2004 12:50 am

It's pretty big. I'll email it to whoever wants it, just send me a pm.

eagle4life69

Post by eagle4life69 » Oct Mon 18, 2004 9:14 am

as long as it isn't over 10mg than you got my e-mail if it is wow its big.

subsonic
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by subsonic » Oct Mon 18, 2004 3:34 pm

Sock, give it to me... I'll put it up.