What rides have you been stuck on when they broke down?

In relation to Disney Parks but not specific to a single resort

Moderator: Moderators

daluke
Autopian Mechanic
Autopian Mechanic

Re: What rides have you been stuck on when they broke down?

Post by daluke » Jan Mon 20, 2014 9:52 pm

Amy wrote:The only bummer about getting stuck is losing the time it takes while they are getting the ride up and running, or deciding to evacuate :(
No kidding. Got stuck on one of the lifts at Splash. Had to wait about half an hour until the CM was able to get to us and evacuate us. Yeah, we got a "wild-card" fast pass, but still, we sat there for 30 min.

D

Epcotmaniac
Autopian Mechanic
Autopian Mechanic

Post by Epcotmaniac » Jan Tue 21, 2014 9:29 am

daluke wrote:
Amy wrote:The only bummer about getting stuck is losing the time it takes while they are getting the ride up and running, or deciding to evacuate :(
No kidding. Got stuck on one of the lifts at Splash. Had to wait about half an hour until the CM was able to get to us and evacuate us. Yeah, we got a "wild-card" fast pass, but still, we sat there for 30 min.

D
Had the same problem in 2010. But I enjoyed it. It was something special I never experienced before.
Ok If I was there for only one day it would have been annoying but I stayed there for two weeks.

jderoche5
Fantasyland Theater Projectionist

Post by jderoche5 » Jan Tue 21, 2014 11:49 am

Got stuck on Haunted Mansion and needed to be evacuated off.
Stuck on Test Track at the Mountain Climb and needed to be evacuated off.
Got stuck on Space Mountain and the lights came on.

Those are the major ones that I can recall.
Jessica
Always remember that it was started by a mouse…...

http://instagram.com/jderoche5

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Jan Tue 21, 2014 8:58 pm

Epcotmaniac wrote:
daluke wrote:

D
Had the same problem in 2010. But I enjoyed it. It was something special I never experienced before.
Ok If I was there for only one day it would have been annoying but I stayed there for two weeks.
The only time I was stuck for any length of time I was with NaCler so that was more fun than being stuck all alone. I'm still pretty sure it was his fault it broke down ;) :lol:
jderoche5 wrote:Got stuck on Haunted Mansion and needed to be evacuated off.
Stuck on Test Track at the Mountain Climb and needed to be evacuated off.
Got stuck on Space Mountain and the lights came on.

Those are the major ones that I can recall.
Wow ~ those are some big ones! I wold love to see Space Mountain with the lights on. I've seen a lot of photos and videos, but it would be neat to see in person! :D
Were any, or all, of those on your recent trip?

jderoche5

Post by jderoche5 » Jan Tue 21, 2014 10:06 pm

This is from Space Mountain:

I have been to Disney almost 80 times and I have been waiting for this what feels like forever.
Jessica

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Jan Tue 21, 2014 10:17 pm

Cool!!! I would have been snapping photos like crazy! It looks so different when you can see the tracks. Wouldn't it be fun to be able to ride with the lights on one time? Did they end up turning the lights off and getting the ride operating again or did you have to evacuate?

jderoche5

Post by jderoche5 » Jan Tue 21, 2014 10:21 pm

They ended up evacuating the ride. Lights never went back on, we ended up rolling to the end because we were close.

I have a ton of pictures that I snapped.

The bars are so closed in, if I rode with the lights on I would probably have an anxiety attack.
Jessica

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Jan Tue 21, 2014 10:24 pm

jderoche5 wrote:They ended up evacuating the ride. Lights never went back on, we ended up rolling to the end because we were close.

I have a ton of pictures that I snapped.

The bars are so closed in, if I rode with the lights on I would probably have an anxiety attack.
Neat! Yeah, I've heard people say that it is really scary with the lights on because the tracks are so enclosed. I still think it would be interesting to do sometime. I know a few people on the forum here have been able to do so during a special Cast Member event...

MmeLeota
Pack Mules Wrangler
Pack Mules Wrangler

Post by MmeLeota » Jan Tue 21, 2014 10:25 pm

Sweet pics! We were stuck on Space Mountain once at Disneyland and the lights came on. I thought I was going to inadvertently jump out of the car because I was so excited. I remember screaming in excitement and of course the other riders were probably rolling their eyes at the crazy lady who was happy about getting stuck on the ride. :lol: We too, were rolled to the end since we were at the final spiral sequence.

We were evacuated off Buzz Lightyear, Mike & Sulley to the rescue, and Radiator Springs Racers (me once, Cbog40 twice).

We haven't been evacuated off anything at WDW...yet.

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Jan Tue 21, 2014 10:28 pm

MmeLeota wrote:Sweet pics! We were stuck on Space Mountain once at Disneyland and the lights came on. I thought I was going to inadvertently jump out of the car because I was so excited. I remember screaming in excitement and of course the other riders were probably rolling their eyes at the crazy lady who was happy about getting stuck on the ride. :lol: We too, were rolled to the end since we were at the final spiral sequence.

We were evacuated off Buzz Lightyear, Mike & Sulley to the rescue, and Radiator Springs Racers (me once, Cbog40 twice).

We haven't been evacuated off anything at WDW...yet.
:lol: I can just picture you barely containing your excitement! :lol:
Where were y'all stuck on RSR? That would be neat if you could walk a good portion of the track! Or do they have lots of different places to take you backstage and off the main part of the attraction?

MmeLeota
Pack Mules Wrangler
Pack Mules Wrangler

Post by MmeLeota » Jan Tue 21, 2014 10:46 pm

When Cbog40 was evacuated, it was right before the race. I don't think he had to walk too much of the track. What stunk was that it was his first time ever on the ride...what stunk even more was that since we were riding single rider and I thought I could handle the stairs at the end (I changed my mind about that though), he got on and I didn't. So I ended up leaving my spot in line since it was going to be down for 45 minutes to reset and we only had a few hours there.
The next time we got in line, we rode with no problem. We decided to ride one more time before WoC and we were evacuated off right at the end before the last drop/picture. We laughed because we were winning, our car came to a screeching halt, and the other car zoomed by (along with an additional car, for that matter). We felt like we were in the movie! :lol: We walked down the hill and out the side and ended up in the exit area (I think). We got to ride one more time with no problems, but the trade off was that we missed WoC.
It would have been cool to be evacuated in the show building, though.

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Jan Tue 21, 2014 10:49 pm

MmeLeota wrote:When Cbog40 was evacuated, it was right before the race. I don't think he had to walk too much of the track. What stunk was that it was his first time ever on the ride...what stunk even more was that since we were riding single rider and I thought I could handle the stairs at the end (I changed my mind about that though), he got on and I didn't. So I ended up leaving my spot in line since it was going to be down for 45 minutes to reset and we only had a few hours there.
The next time we got in line, we rode with no problem. We decided to ride one more time before WoC and we were evacuated off right at the end before the last drop/picture. We laughed because we were winning, our car came to a screeching halt, and the other car zoomed by (along with an additional car, for that matter). We felt like we were in the movie! :lol: We walked down the hill and out the side and ended up in the exit area (I think). We got to ride one more time with no problems, but the trade off was that we missed WoC.
It would have been cool to be evacuated in the show building, though.
That would be neat to be inside the show building for sure. That is weird that just your side stopped :?

Goofyfan
Snow White's Adventures Gem Miner
Snow White's Adventures Gem Miner

Post by Goofyfan » Mar Sun 02, 2014 8:58 am

Nice Pictures. Kind of shocking and makes one think..."this is Space Mountain?" :shock: :goofy:

bcgm3
Motor Boat Cruise Skipper
Motor Boat Cruise Skipper

Post by bcgm3 » May Sun 04, 2014 12:42 pm

I've grown up going to Disney frequently, and still do now as an adult, and I almost didn't believe the horror stories friends told about being stuck on rides. It just never happened to me... Until...

I went to Magic Kingdom late in a recent summer. It was overcast and rainy in the afternoon, and with high attendance. I was with a coworker and an acquaintance of his. We pass Pirates of the Caribbean -- None of us had seen the mermaids since they'd been added. We had already gotten FastPasses for something else, and with little else left to do that late in the day, we decided to just endure the Standby line, which had to have been every bit of 45 minutes to an hour, sweaty shoulder-to-shoulder the whole way. Finally we get on the boat, and we're relieved to just be off our feet and to have a bit of breathing room. We get going, see the new mermaid effects, pretty cool, moving right along, bump-- into the next boat right before the drop. Didn't think much of it at that point, some small delay at unloading causing a little traffic jam, probably. Besides, we're still moving, just in short bursts as the boats ahead wait and then go over the drop. We get down the drop ourselves, and can see the boats backed up, bumper to bumper, through the warring ships scene. We're still moving... Just tightly-packed with frequent bumps. Now there's the occasional CM over the loudspeaker telling people to remain in their boats, and they're getting things resolved, and so on. By the time we get as far as the iconic prisoners-trying-to-get-the-keys-from-the-dog scene, we're at an absolute stand-still, packed in like sardines. The CM kept coming on the loudspeaker every few minutes, saying the spiel, and people were generally being cool about it, joking and laughing.

Fast forward 10 minutes... Not so cool.

20 minutes... Everyone's trying to talk over the sounds and music of the ride, and everyone else is trying to talk over everyone else.

30 minutes... People are literally screaming to be let off the ride, screaming at each other, swearing loudly. The music and dialogue loops had been burned into our brains, the words losing their meaning and becoming a droning chant.

At about 35 minutes... a CM comes on the loudspeaker and says they're restarting the ride system and to sit tight. After a brief bit of silence from the audio-animatronics and the music, the boats started moving again. People cheered (mostly, some still griped). The unloading area was in sight. We had made it. We just passed by Captain jack Sparrow in the treasure room, and bump-- into the next boat. Stuck for another 10 minutes, with the unloading platform in clear view. Somebody had slipped getting out of the fourth or fifth boat ahead of us. People ffffffrreaked out. An altogether genuinely unsettling experience.

We got handed some wildcard FastPasses on the way out. We used them on The Little Mermaid ride. All three of us packed in a clamshell, silent, expressionless. Nobody said anything because we didn't want to jinx it, I think. But I was definitely calculating my on-foot escape route if we got stuck on that ride.

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » May Sun 04, 2014 4:55 pm

Oh my, that sounds like an unhappy ordeal :( Pirates isn't one you could easily evacuate from either. I would have loved to see your faces in the Little Mermaid though :lol: :ariel: