What rides have you been stuck on when they broke down?

In relation to Disney Parks but not specific to a single resort

Moderator: Moderators

DemonOfMusic
Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln Usher

Re: What rides have you been stuck on when they broke down?

Post by DemonOfMusic » Feb Fri 10, 2012 8:01 am

I was once stuck on Test Track for a good half hour. Right outside the heating chamber, so I'm pretty glad it hadn't broke down a second or two before, because that would have been uncomfortable. Also, I was once on Everest, and right at the part where it stops before you go backwards, the ride broke down, so everyone thought it was just part of the ride... until three minutes passed... and then five... :goofy_bounce:
"They say the neon lights are bright on Broadway..."

The only two places I will ever need to be are Manhattan and Disney World.

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Feb Fri 10, 2012 9:11 am

DemonOfMusic wrote:I was once stuck on Test Track for a good half hour. Right outside the heating chamber, so I'm pretty glad it hadn't broke down a second or two before, because that would have been uncomfortable. Also, I was once on Everest, and right at the part where it stops before you go backwards, the ride broke down, so everyone thought it was just part of the ride... until three minutes passed... and then five... :goofy_bounce:
How long did you end up being stuck at the top of Everest?

casrin
Columbia Sailing Ship Admiral
Columbia Sailing Ship Admiral

Post by casrin » Feb Fri 10, 2012 9:43 am

I was stuck on Splash Mountain for long enough (back in 2000) that we were given free passes for another visit to the MK! We had fun hollering Goofy's "Yahooo hooo hooo hoooey!" back and forth with someone on a log ahead of us though. :D
-[b]casrin[/b]
[url=http://ubanimator.com][img]http://www-personal.umd.umich.edu/~cparkins/images/userbar/userbar487580pb0.gif[/img][/url]

DemonOfMusic

Post by DemonOfMusic » Feb Fri 10, 2012 11:48 am

Amy wrote:
DemonOfMusic wrote:I was once stuck on Test Track for a good half hour. Right outside the heating chamber, so I'm pretty glad it hadn't broke down a second or two before, because that would have been uncomfortable. Also, I was once on Everest, and right at the part where it stops before you go backwards, the ride broke down, so everyone thought it was just part of the ride... until three minutes passed... and then five... :goofy_bounce:
How long did you end up being stuck at the top of Everest?
About ten minutes, but they never gave a "we are experiencing technical difficulties" announcement, and as soon as it started up we'd be going downhill and backwards, so it was a pretty cool stopping moment, I must admit :D

DemonOfMusic

Post by DemonOfMusic » Feb Fri 10, 2012 11:49 am

casrin wrote:I was stuck on Splash Mountain for long enough (back in 2000) that we were given free passes for another visit to the MK! We had fun hollering Goofy's "Yahooo hooo hooo hoooey!" back and forth with someone on a log ahead of us though. :D
Ha! Sounds fun. God, how long do you have to be stuck on a ride for that to happen?

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Feb Fri 10, 2012 12:29 pm

DemonOfMusic wrote:
casrin wrote:I was stuck on Splash Mountain for long enough (back in 2000) that we were given free passes for another visit to the MK! We had fun hollering Goofy's "Yahooo hooo hooo hoooey!" back and forth with someone on a log ahead of us though. :D
Ha! Sounds fun. God, how long do you have to be stuck on a ride for that to happen?
That's what I was wondering :shock:

theBIGyowski
Tom Sawyer Island Rafts Skipper
Tom Sawyer Island Rafts Skipper

Post by theBIGyowski » Feb Fri 10, 2012 4:51 pm

EE wasn't broken on our last trip (well...we all know about the Yeti) but there was a thunderstorm that hit right as DW and I were at the front of the line. Needless to say we stayed there for a very, very, very long time. The only reason we stayed was because we were dry there in the queue.

You can see our recap and pictures here: http://greatbigbeautifultoday.blogspot. ... track.html

1986: Offsite
1997: Offsite
2001: Coronado Springs
2008: Shades of Green / Saratoga Springs (WDW Half Marathon)
2009: Port Orleans French Quarter (WDW Half Marathon)
2010: Port Orleans Riverside (Honeymoon)
2011: Old Key West / Bay Lake Tower
2014: Kidani Village
2015: Old Key West (5th Wedding Anniversary)
2016: Old Key West (Kids' first WDW vacation in December!)

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Feb Fri 10, 2012 7:10 pm

theBIGyowski wrote:EE wasn't broken on our last trip (well...we all know about the Yeti) but there was a thunderstorm that hit right as DW and I were at the front of the line. Needless to say we stayed there for a very, very, very long time. The only reason we stayed was because we were dry there in the queue.

You can see our recap and pictures here: http://greatbigbeautifultoday.blogspot. ... track.html
I remember reading about that on your blog. You guys waited a really long time :shock:

Epcotmaniac
Autopian Mechanic
Autopian Mechanic

Post by Epcotmaniac » Feb Sun 26, 2012 11:38 am

I stucked only once on a ride. That happened on my last trip to WDW in 2010 and it was Splash Mountain. There was a problem with the lift right before the big drop and so I had to wait for almost 30 minutes in the dark cave with brer fox holding brer rabbit in that beehive right in front from me. They were still moving but with no sound. The only thing we heard was that that brer bear and brer fox seems to cause some trouble and various announcement by the CM. Sometimes we moved on just to stop a few seconds later. As the problems were solved and we finished the ride each guest was given a fast pass valid for one week and for one ride to say sorry. I didn´t use it and kept it as a souvenir.

I recorded that breakdown with my cam and I will upload in a few weeks. Its an old cam with tapes and I have to digitze my whole WDW tapes.

DemonOfMusic

Post by DemonOfMusic » Feb Sun 26, 2012 1:07 pm

Epcotmaniac wrote:I stucked only once on a ride. That happened on my last trip to WDW in 2010 and it was Splash Mountain. There was a problem with the lift right before the big drop and so I had to wait for almost 30 minutes in the dark cave with brer fox holding brer rabbit in that beehive right in front from me. They were still moving but with no sound. The only thing we heard was that that brer bear and brer fox seems to cause some trouble and various announcement by the CM. Sometimes we moved on just to stop a few seconds later. As the problems were solved and we finished the ride each guest was given a fast pass valid for one week and for one ride to say sorry. I didn´t use it and kept it as a souvenir.

I recorded that breakdown with my cam and I will upload in a few weeks. Its an old cam with tapes and I have to digitze my whole WDW tapes.
You should put that video up! I'd like to see it :)

Goofyfan
Snow White's Adventures Gem Miner

Post by Goofyfan » Feb Sun 26, 2012 9:36 pm

We just got back from WDW staying 10 days. My wife and I got stuck on the people mover inside Space Mountain. My wife walks with a cane so they left us on until last then came back to walk us out. If I had to rate the cast members on a scale from 1 - 10 on how they treated us, I would rate them a 15. They were the kindest people that we have come across in a long time. They kept apologizing to us and gave us a handfull of fast passes. We kept telling them no problem. Things like this happen. It's now something we will always remember. Kudos to the Disney Castmembers. :D

DemonOfMusic

Post by DemonOfMusic » Feb Mon 27, 2012 7:37 am

Goofyfan wrote:We just got back from WDW staying 10 days. My wife and I got stuck on the people mover inside Space Mountain. My wife walks with a cane so they left us on until last then came back to walk us out. If I had to rate the cast members on a scale from 1 - 10 on how they treated us, I would rate them a 15. They were the kindest people that we have come across in a long time. They kept apologizing to us and gave us a handfull of fast passes. We kept telling them no problem. Things like this happen. It's now something we will always remember. Kudos to the Disney Castmembers. :D
That's so great!! You should also do a trip report :D

dstrawn9889

Post by dstrawn9889 » Feb Mon 27, 2012 9:32 am

and some CM reports back to WDW

elizabethswann
Pirates of the Caribbean Buccaneer
Pirates of the Caribbean Buccaneer

Post by elizabethswann » Feb Mon 27, 2012 10:23 pm

You did get lucky to avoid being stuck in the heating chamber! But you must have been nice and chilly in the cooling chamber.

DemonOfMusic

Post by DemonOfMusic » Feb Tue 28, 2012 7:14 am

elizabethswann wrote:
You did get lucky to avoid being stuck in the heating chamber! But you must have been nice and chilly in the cooling chamber.
It was delightfully refreshing :D