Longest Wait Time

In relation to Disney Parks but not specific to a single resort

Moderator: Moderators

what is the longest wait time you waited in a ride at any disney park?

60 mins
16%
75 mins
12%
90 mins
23%
120 mins
14%
150 or more
19%
Dont wait in long lines
16%

Total votes: 77

Disneyaddict166
Fire Engine Driver
Fire Engine Driver

Longest Wait Time

Post by Disneyaddict166 » Jun Mon 26, 2006 11:26 pm

the longest wait time i waited was 75 mins for rock n rollercoaster at MGM

Hathaway
Main Street Horse Car Coachman
Main Street Horse Car Coachman

Post by Hathaway » Jun Tue 27, 2006 2:44 am

Three hours for Test Track. That was an adventure of the unpleasant kind. It had just opened and there was no fastpass, no single rider line. We were so excited to finally go on this thing which had taken away WoM three years before. The whole time, everyone insisted that it would be just another couple of minutes. The cars would move, and then stop. That was a rare unhappy Disney experience.
-- Kungaloosh!

AKLRULZ
PeopleMover People Mover
PeopleMover People Mover

Post by AKLRULZ » Jun Tue 27, 2006 6:06 am

Last June on our first day we went to Epcot for the evening and we were determined to try Soarin - who knew about the Fastpass situation?! :shock: They were out and the standby was 90 minutes so we queued up and it is the longest line I've ever stood in but we were just so dagone excited to be there it really didn't matter - and it ended up being just about an 80 minute wait, still extreme.

Now I'd probably not wait that long for an attraction I'd already been on, and we quickly learned the Fastpass rules for Soarin on that trip last June and we were able to experience many more times on that trip without waiting in that dagone line. :D
Steve Baker ~ Travel Consultant :mickey3:
Steve.Baker@themagicforless.com
Affiliated with The Magic for Less
www.themagicforless.com

[url=http://ubanimator.com][img]http://img221.imageshack.us/img221/4199/userbar517512ps8.gif[/img][/url]

GoofyInOhio
Mike Fink Keel Boats Boatswain

Post by GoofyInOhio » Jun Tue 27, 2006 7:31 am

Thanks to the Fastpass system I no longer wait for the long lines, but I used to wait with my family when I was a kid and the longest wait was around 75 minutes. I think the Fastpass System works the way they wanted for me anyway. I go shop and eat while I wait to ride and sometimes go and ride something else.
Bloody Pirate!

knedeau
Snow White's Adventures Gem Miner
Snow White's Adventures Gem Miner

Post by knedeau » Jun Tue 27, 2006 10:22 am

Splash Mountain........ BEFORE The advent of the Fast Pass
"Hey, Look at that guy in the Goofy Mask!" "That's not a mask!" "Oh... Sorry Lady!"

spaulo
PeopleMover People Mover
PeopleMover People Mover

Post by spaulo » Jun Tue 27, 2006 11:53 am

2.5 hours for the Indiana Jones Adventure about two weeks after it debuted. Those who have been there, imagine this: The line went alllll through the temple (all mile+ of it), plus wrapped around all the cattle lines they have in the jungle scene, then down past Jungle Cruise, out of Adventureland, into the hub, turning back into Frontieirland, past Big Thunder Mountain, and in to Fantasyland. We got in line for Indy right next to the Skyway chalet.

(ok, this was at Disneyland, not WDW, sorry)
~Steve

Dr. Ravenscroft
Tom Sawyer Island Rafts Skipper
Tom Sawyer Island Rafts Skipper

Post by Dr. Ravenscroft » Jun Tue 27, 2006 2:12 pm

90 Minutes for Soarin in WDW, it was only 3 months old at the time. I don't wait that long usually but I wanted to see what all the fuss was about. I will usually wait in a line if it is 30 mins. or less. I won't get a fast pass either, If you can't wait in line and be patient then don't get in line.

js3901
Matterhorn Bobsleds Climber
Matterhorn Bobsleds Climber

Post by js3901 » Jun Tue 27, 2006 6:12 pm

we waited for BTMR at WDW for just under 3 hours. We didn't plan on it. the sign had said 45 minute wait for the ride, and this was before Fastpass. We decided to wait. just after we got in line, the time jumped from 45 minutes to 70 minutes. we went through the first part of the queue, thought we were done, and then we turned a corner. there was another set of cattle lines on the other side of the wall. at that point we had waited 60 minutes. after the turn around the wall, we waited over 90 minutes as there was the longer portion of the line, plus they had a breakdown for about an hour. all this time, it was near impossible to exit the line. and this was in the middle of August...
"And please do not sit on the floor. My studies show you can't experience time travel on the floor. and it's not a pretty picture in those shorts" - The Timekeeper

Site Admin, WDW Freak

horizons1
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by horizons1 » Jun Tue 27, 2006 7:36 pm

2 hrs for Splash at Disneyland.

On a related note: The longest wait for the biggest letdown was about 40 minutes to ride Heimlich's Chew Chew Train when A Bug's Land opened.
No one's gloomy or complaining while the flatware's entertaining.

jbvenn

Post by jbvenn » Jun Tue 27, 2006 9:39 pm

Probably around 75 minutes for any of the MK mountains. We rarely wait in line that long, though, especially since Fast Pass. There are just so many fun things to do that it seems silly to spend all that time in line for one thing. That's why I've only been on Peter Pan and Dumbo a couple of times. Just not worth the wait when there's so much to explore!
"Hey, you goldbricks, this ain't a spectator sport! Where do you think you are, Disney World?" -- General Knowledge

[img]http://i238.photobucket.com/albums/ff191/jbvenn/epcot2.gif[/img]
[img]http://i238.photobucket.com/albums/ff191/jbvenn/port-orleans-2.gif[/img]

rdeacon
Santa Fe & Disneyland Railroad Engineer
Santa Fe & Disneyland Railroad Engineer

Post by rdeacon » Jun Wed 28, 2006 2:25 pm

I don't wait I go in the Off Season! :twisted:

Rich
"It's kind of fun to do the impossible.."
Walt Disney

[img]http://www.rdeacon.com/img/banners/bar/SR_admin_adv.jpg[/img]
[img]http://rdeacon.com/img/banners/bar/SR_monkey_adv.jpg[/img]

jrcohen
Peter Pan's Flight Pixie Duster

Post by jrcohen » Jun Wed 28, 2006 2:42 pm

I feel like when we used to go before the new fangled fast-pass I've waited in the 2 hour area for some of the mountain rides in MK. Although I remember we used to get there about 10 minutes or so before the park opened. They'd let us in to Main Street, and then when the park opened we'd make the run from the entrance to Tomorrowland to Space Mountain and ride it at least twice before the lines got real long.
Please keep your arms and legs inside the vehicle until the ride comes to a full and complete stop. Thank you, and enjoy the rest of your day here at Walt Disney World.

Agosaol Brythwich
Sleeping Beauty Castle Guard
Sleeping Beauty Castle Guard

Longest wait

Post by Agosaol Brythwich » Jun Wed 28, 2006 3:39 pm

90 minutes for Splash Mountain at WDW. Of course, FastPass makes this a moot point. However, isn't there eventually going to be a point where so many people prefer FastPass that it becomes just another line?

jrcohen

Re: Longest wait

Post by jrcohen » Jun Wed 28, 2006 6:45 pm

Agosaol Brythwich wrote:90 minutes for Splash Mountain at WDW. Of course, FastPass makes this a moot point. However, isn't there eventually going to be a point where so many people prefer FastPass that it becomes just another line?
I always thought that to be the case. Haven't seen it happen in the few times i've been there and used a fast pass. The longest I think 've waited in line with a fast pass was 10-15 minutes.
Please keep your arms and legs inside the vehicle until the ride comes to a full and complete stop. Thank you, and enjoy the rest of your day here at Walt Disney World.

Mr.ToadWildRider
Flight to the Moon Flight Director
Flight to the Moon Flight Director

Post by Mr.ToadWildRider » Jun Wed 28, 2006 6:52 pm

I'd say 90 minutes is the absolute max I'd be willing to wait when posted, but sometimes you get in a line (i.e. Test Track) and due to all the mechanical errors it takes 120+