Longest Wait Time

In relation to Disney Parks but not specific to a single resort

Moderator: Moderators

what is the longest wait time you waited in a ride at any disney park?

60 mins
16%
75 mins
12%
90 mins
23%
120 mins
14%
150 or more
19%
Dont wait in long lines
16%

Total votes: 77

jiminycricket
Fantasyland Theater Projectionist

Post by jiminycricket » Jul Mon 16, 2007 8:23 pm

Actually the longest time we have waited was not in the park but for the monorail. We waited two hours one time because someone riding had a medical emergency and we had to wait for the paramedics to arrive. They were O.K. I think it turned out to be a panic attack but better to be safe.

As far as the rides go, we usually don't have to wait very long. I think the longest we have waited was 45 minutes for Peter Pan.

ralberts
Motor Boat Cruise Skipper

Post by ralberts » Jul Tue 17, 2007 7:03 am

The longest line that I have experienced is Test Track. That's why I perfer the off season.
Randall

Guy
Mike Fink Keel Boats Boatswain
Mike Fink Keel Boats Boatswain

Post by Guy » Jul Tue 17, 2007 7:25 am

My wife and I were really luck when we went to WDW in May 2007. The longest queue was 20 minutes and we went on every attraction in each park so that's saying something!

jiminycricket

Post by jiminycricket » Jul Tue 17, 2007 11:28 pm

Guy wrote:My wife and I were really luck when we went to WDW in May 2007. The longest queue was 20 minutes and we went on every attraction in each park so that's saying something!
That sounds like a great trip :D You can enjoy everything so much more when you don't have to wait so terribly long in all of the lines!

disneypinnut
Sleeping Beauty Castle Guard
Sleeping Beauty Castle Guard

Post by disneypinnut » Jul Sat 28, 2007 4:15 pm

It's been years, but the July / August wait times are brutal. I only travel to WDW in May, Sept, Dec or Jan.
[b][i][color=darkblue]All your dreams can come true if you have the courage to pursue them.[/color][/i][/b][b]- Walt Disney[/b]

[img]http://shuttleworthusa.com/images/magic%20kingdom%20at%20night%20small.jpg[/img]

tseymour
Casey Junior Circus Train Conductor

Post by tseymour » Jul Sun 29, 2007 8:31 am

I always go during value season. The longest line I ever waited in was 30-40 minutes, and that was for Soarin last September.
There's a snake in my boot!

ghostelias

Post by ghostelias » Feb Mon 18, 2008 5:00 pm

The longest wait time was for Splash Mountain and exceeded about 90mins. It seems every time i have ever been you have to wait forever for that attraction. Hopefully the new refurb will sort that out.

stinoi

Post by stinoi » Feb Mon 18, 2008 9:14 pm

The longest I've ever waited is 60 minutes. We are absolutely determined to not wait longer than that. If the line is long, we do other things until a parade or something causes the wait to decrease.

js3901
Matterhorn Bobsleds Climber
Matterhorn Bobsleds Climber

Post by js3901 » Feb Mon 18, 2008 11:13 pm

ghostelias wrote:Hopefully the new refurb will sort that out.
the Splash Mountain refurb is annual, and just touches up paint and the animatronics within the ride. because it's a constant water ride with quite a bit outdoors, the paint gets rather faded, and some of the water splashes up on the scenes causing some of the animatronics to stop working.

the updates have nothing to do with the queue.

that said, I believe I posted about the 2 1/2 hour wait we had at BTMR in WDW, in August. not the best time we've ever had, and the ride didn;t even break down...
"And please do not sit on the floor. My studies show you can't experience time travel on the floor. and it's not a pretty picture in those shorts" - The Timekeeper

Site Admin, WDW Freak

packwingfn
Skyway Loader
Skyway Loader

Post by packwingfn » Feb Tue 19, 2008 4:51 pm

The longest wait I've waited that I remember was for Splash Mountain in August. It was our first day in our vacation and we grabbed fastpasses for BTMR and waited in what was said a 60 minute wait for Splash Mountain but it ended up being 2 hours which felt longer because of the heat. I regret waiting in the line but I guess since it was the first ride of our vacation and how hot it was, it defnitely tempted us to go get wet.
I know this is probably your first flight...and it's mine too...ha, ha

Rain upon that planet Earth. And they rain ... and rain ... and rain. The deluge.

boilerbabe
Pack Mules Wrangler
Pack Mules Wrangler

Post by boilerbabe » Feb Wed 20, 2008 10:52 pm

The longest wait time ever was for Test Track, it had just opened and they kept shutting it down b/c there was a lightening storm approaching. We waited over 2 hours!!!

Sockdoodle

Post by Sockdoodle » Feb Sat 23, 2008 12:34 am

We usually hate waiting in lines, so we either FastPass as much as we can or return to the ride later and hope the lines have died down. However, DW usually shuts down FastPass during Evening Magic Hours and there is no time to 'come back' to a ride. Thus, even though we usually don't wait for more than 30 minutes for rides during the day, EMH is where I have waited about 90 min for a ride (usually, this wait is at Test Track).

TheCheshireStitch
Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln Usher
Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln Usher

Post by TheCheshireStitch » Feb Tue 26, 2008 7:46 pm

back in 1995, before fastpass, my sister, mother, and i waited for over 3 hours for splash mountain. it was so hot out, and i was really anxious about going on the ride. i was just getting used to going on "scary" rides back then (i was 12) and the long wait just made my anxiety build lol....

i'm soooo thankful for fastpass, now. my hubby and i go often enough that even if the fastpasses run out, we won't wait in a line more than 20 min long--tops.
DVC member SSR, Annual Passholder

Disney pin trading nut!

Hubby and I are Disney fanatics! Visit "the world" 3 times a year. <3

:ccat: :jack: :figment:

Discomick
Alice in Wonderland Wonderer
Alice in Wonderland Wonderer

Post by Discomick » Feb Wed 27, 2008 2:56 am

Patience is not my thing. But, having said that, I understand it is part of Disney. I always go in open minded, but anything more than an hour and were looking for something else to do.

casrin
Columbia Sailing Ship Admiral
Columbia Sailing Ship Admiral

Post by casrin » Feb Wed 27, 2008 8:44 am

I don't really remember waiting to long ever at Disney. But of course, my brother was a cancer patient and in a wheelchair, so we usually had the handicapped entrance into the attractions.

I got -sadly- spoiled by that! :twisted:
-[b]casrin[/b]
[url=http://ubanimator.com][img]http://www-personal.umd.umich.edu/~cparkins/images/userbar/userbar487580pb0.gif[/img][/url]