Embarrassing moments at Disney

In relation to Disney Parks but not specific to a single resort

Moderator: Moderators

AKLRULZ
PeopleMover People Mover
PeopleMover People Mover

Embarrassing moments at Disney

Post by AKLRULZ » Jun Sat 24, 2006 6:41 pm

What is your most embarrassing moment at Disney?

Mine? Well a few years ago at the Animal Kingdom Lodge I was in the shower - my wife and kids had gone down to Mara to get a snack and I heard a knock on the door. Thinking it was my wife who must have left her roomkey in the room I jumped out of the shower and literally just grabbed a small hand towel to cover up. Turned out to be housekeeping there to turn down the room. I think the housekeeper was more stunned than I was and she didn't know what to do other than offer me a handful of the chocolates they leave on the pillows - like I could reach out to accept them! :shock: My wife still laughs about the time I flashed housekeeping at AKL! :o
Steve Baker ~ Travel Consultant :mickey3:
Steve.Baker@themagicforless.com
Affiliated with The Magic for Less
www.themagicforless.com

[url=http://ubanimator.com][img]http://img221.imageshack.us/img221/4199/userbar517512ps8.gif[/img][/url]

Lion Sleeps Tonight
Rocket Jets Flight Director
Rocket Jets Flight Director

Post by Lion Sleeps Tonight » Jun Sat 24, 2006 8:22 pm

Hmm. Embarrasing. Probably walking 'onstage' in my showkeeper costume without my fly zipped.

Oh, and one time I was changing the liners inside of Great Movie Ride. It was busy that day, and they opened the extended queue. As I was trying my best to manuever to the trash cans through the guests, I was saying, "excuse me ma'm", "sorry, excuse me sir" and all of that. Then there was one person just standing between me and a trash can. Their back was turned to me as I tapped them on the shoulder and said, "excuse me sir". The "sir" turns around and it of course is a lady. I felt soooo bad and apologized saying that her hat and short hair....yeah I felt horrible. :(

That being said, isn't there a thread like this somewhere?
"A pirate in irons be full o' guile.
And the blackest 'art wears the broadest smile."

Oh, and "Welcome Home."

knedeau
Snow White's Adventures Gem Miner
Snow White's Adventures Gem Miner

Post by knedeau » Jun Sat 24, 2006 10:43 pm

Mine had to be back in '94 (or was it '93?). I was in Disney with my Dad, My Stepmom, My sis, and both of our boyfriends at the time. And we just had gotten off the Monorail at the Epcot station. We all decided to RUN down the ramp. I was doing well in the lead, and then I tripped and literally flew down the ramp. My sis and the guys said I looked like superman flying with my arms out in front of me... people walked on by, and I felt rather like an idiot. Luckily, I wasn't hurt (just some minor scrapes on my hands... nothing serious) I think just my pride was hurt more. heheheh
Last edited by knedeau on Jun Tue 27, 2006 10:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Hey, Look at that guy in the Goofy Mask!" "That's not a mask!" "Oh... Sorry Lady!"

Mr.ToadWildRider
Flight to the Moon Flight Director
Flight to the Moon Flight Director

Post by Mr.ToadWildRider » Jun Sun 25, 2006 9:49 am

Although I can't recall one personally, I'd have to wager a lot of these moments are generated at the base of the Summit Plummit, especially for ladies in two piece bathing suits.

jbvenn
Mike Fink Keel Boats Boatswain
Mike Fink Keel Boats Boatswain

Post by jbvenn » Jun Sun 25, 2006 1:08 pm

Having a bird leave a "deposit" on the top of my head at the MK. No, I wasn't wearing a hat. The family thought it was hilarious.
"Hey, you goldbricks, this ain't a spectator sport! Where do you think you are, Disney World?" -- General Knowledge

[img]http://i238.photobucket.com/albums/ff191/jbvenn/epcot2.gif[/img]
[img]http://i238.photobucket.com/albums/ff191/jbvenn/port-orleans-2.gif[/img]

iloverags2
Casey Junior Circus Train Conductor
Casey Junior Circus Train Conductor

Post by iloverags2 » Jun Mon 26, 2006 7:52 pm

That would have to be when we were at Typhoon Lagoon in the wave pool. I had on a tankini (which was a bit too large, but still fit well enough to wear - better too big than too small). I was tiring out, so decided to head "ashore" when WOOSH! Here comes a wave! Knocked me right over! When I stood up facing shore, I was in about six inches of water up to my lower calf. And my tankini top was up around my neck. :oops: But! I turned around to fix my top and by the time I could get myself moving again WOOSH! Another wave, another knockdown, another flash to the crowd. This time I just kept walking out of the wavepool as I pulled down my top. :roll:
Cindy

Hathaway
Main Street Horse Car Coachman
Main Street Horse Car Coachman

Post by Hathaway » Jun Tue 27, 2006 2:49 am

Um, let's just say that concrete is very hard when your head is turned towards Spaceship Earth and you are not watching where you are going, but you "friends" are. . .
-- Kungaloosh!

rdeacon
Santa Fe & Disneyland Railroad Engineer
Santa Fe & Disneyland Railroad Engineer

Post by rdeacon » Jun Wed 28, 2006 2:31 pm

HAHAHAAA these are great!!!!

Well I guess they are more fun for the reader then the poster! :twisted:
I'm sure I did something stupid in WDW.. let me see if I can remember.

:lol:

Rich
"It's kind of fun to do the impossible.."
Walt Disney

[img]http://www.rdeacon.com/img/banners/bar/SR_admin_adv.jpg[/img]
[img]http://rdeacon.com/img/banners/bar/SR_monkey_adv.jpg[/img]

bribren
Swiss Family Treehouse Guide
Swiss Family Treehouse Guide

Post by bribren » Jun Thu 29, 2006 8:10 am

I once went on a solo trip to camp at Fort Wilderness. I was at River Country in the Morning and then went to Trails End for lunch. I wrapped 2 peices of fried chicken in a napkin and put it in my bag for the walk back to camp.

Well I forgot about it until later when I was on the boat from FW to the COntempoary. I pulled a peice out and started eating it.

I then saw all of the horrified stares from the folks around me thinking "Who is this homeless man at DIsneyworld". Big gaff on my part!

karenj2
Fantasyland Theater Projectionist
Fantasyland Theater Projectionist

Post by karenj2 » Jun Thu 29, 2006 11:48 am

In 1993, my family went to WDW. (I was 20) We went to MGM, which was relatively new, and we were in line for the Great Movie Ride, which had a horribly long wait (over an hour, at least). The queue kept going past a kilbasa/hot dog stand, which also sold sourkraut, which I hate the smell of. Did I mention it was HOT?

Anyway, every time we'd go by this stand, I would barely breathe, because I hated the smell. Well, after 3 or 4 times past this stand, I ended up throwing up & passing out. A CM came over, swooped me up and carried me to the shade, where he declared that he wasn't going to let me stand in line until the rest of my family was closer to the entrance... Did I mention the guy was REALLY CUTE, and I was 20 years old?!?! :oops: I was mortified (but thankful).
Karenj2

Cheshire Cat
Mark Twain Steamboat Captain
Mark Twain Steamboat Captain

Post by Cheshire Cat » Jun Thu 29, 2006 1:12 pm

Ok.. this wasn't embarassing to me, but to my sister (she doesn't mind me sharing it, and even if she did I would tell you guys anyway :twisted: )

We were on the Typhhoon Lagoon lazy river and on the ride there is a section that passes under some string bean trees. Our parents were at the wave pool and she decided to try one of the beans - BIG mistake. She ended up breaking out in red dots and rashes the rest of the day. When we went to first aid the CMs knew exactly what was wrong so apparently it happens often. :lol:

Moral of the story: Don't eat from the trees at Typhoon Lagoon :lol:

SeasDiver
Autopian Mechanic
Autopian Mechanic

Post by SeasDiver » Jul Mon 03, 2006 10:30 am

This occured during a private party on Discovery Island. The Living Seas Animal Programs Cast had a Volleyball Beach Bash to celebrate the 10th anniversary of the Living Seas. In addition to volleyball, food, and general partying, there was a speedboat that was trailing one of the inflatable banana boats. One a particular turn, the rider in front of me fell off and kicked me off as she fell away. I got partially knocked into the water. Partially, being I was still holding on to the boat and being pulled through the water in a horizontal position. Let's see, high speed water flow + water flow being in a head to toe direction.

:oops: At least I caught my swimtrunks around my ankles... :oops:

As they stopped the boat and asked if I was okay, my response was "Give me a minute to regain my dignity." :lol: Also at that party, one of the other interns lost her top inthe water. :shock: Both of our incidents made the next month Seas newsletter.

D Rae
Alice in Wonderland Wonderer
Alice in Wonderland Wonderer

Post by D Rae » Jul Mon 03, 2006 8:39 pm

First, Thank you ALL for sharing, :lol: :shock: These 'moments' I'm sure weren't funny when you experienced them, but ya'll have me rolf!!!
I may be growing older, but I refuse to Grow UP!

ericpabear
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider

Post by ericpabear » Jul Mon 03, 2006 8:41 pm

When rideing Crush 'n' Gusher, KEEP YOUR BUTT UP ! I didn't fight gravity well enough, and my butt dragged, but only for a second, cause it didn't feel too good. When getting out of the water, my family informed me my swimming suit was torn from top to bottom. I had a white t-shirt on that covered it, except for when I first got out the water. We went straight over to the store and shelled out $20 for the cheapest suit I could find, with family following close behind. (real close)

AKLRULZ
PeopleMover People Mover
PeopleMover People Mover

Post by AKLRULZ » Jul Tue 04, 2006 8:20 am

I am rolling with laughter at these swimsuit malfunction stories! :D
Steve Baker ~ Travel Consultant :mickey3:
Steve.Baker@themagicforless.com
Affiliated with The Magic for Less
www.themagicforless.com

[url=http://ubanimator.com][img]http://img221.imageshack.us/img221/4199/userbar517512ps8.gif[/img][/url]