Which haunted mansion is better? Disneyland or Disney World?

In relation to Disney Parks but not specific to a single resort

Moderator: Moderators

Which Haunted Mansion is better?

Walt Disney World
35%
Disneyland
43%
I like them both, so TIE
22%

Total votes: 54

Jwc247
Autopian Mechanic
Autopian Mechanic

Which haunted mansion is better? Disneyland or Disney World?

Post by Jwc247 » Apr Mon 10, 2006 1:01 pm

I think DisneyWorld because personally I think it looks better than the one in Disneyland!

P.S. please do not ask why i didn't include some other park, these are the only two i'm talking about! :D

kgmadorin
Peter Pan's Flight Pixie Duster

Post by kgmadorin » Apr Mon 10, 2006 2:27 pm

I have to say WDW, though I love Disneyland's version. The Mansion in Liberty Square eeks by as the winner because of the library scene, the better lobby (before the stretch rooms), the Leota tombstone, and the appearance of the mansion itself. However, honorable mention goes to DL's version because it IS the original, the attic is much better, and you've got to love the changing pictures on the wall before the load area.
"Our heritage and ideals, our code and standards--the things we live by and teach our children--are preserved or diminished by how freely we exchange ideas and feelings." -- Walter Elias Disney

Dr. Ravenscroft
Tom Sawyer Island Rafts Skipper

Post by Dr. Ravenscroft » Apr Mon 10, 2006 5:32 pm

For looks I have to say that the DLR version has WDW beat. It just looks creepier than the cold stone facade of the WDW version. Yes the one in FL has Character but the CA one has more.

For the ride itself it is a toss up.

DLR Version has:
1. Has a much better foyer
2. The long hallway (picture Gallery)
3. The attic scene (which will be made even better soon)
4. Where little Leota is, I like her better as you are leaving.

WDW Version has:
1. Library scene
2. better graveyards, both pet and human
3. better queue, your in the shad with those awnings

slotofkit
Mike Fink Keel Boats Boatswain
Mike Fink Keel Boats Boatswain

Post by slotofkit » Apr Mon 10, 2006 6:06 pm

It was hard for me to decide, but I had to go with Disneyland because of some recent new effects. It makes it better now, in my opinion.
--------------------------------------------
"It's a tribute to all nations but mostly America"
-Sam the Eagle
Muppet Vision 3D

Jwc247
Autopian Mechanic
Autopian Mechanic

Post by Jwc247 » Apr Mon 10, 2006 6:07 pm

One thing about that is there is a attic scene in WDW too so take that off your list and the last one is you oppinion but even if you count that you get the amount as WDW! So ha! Lol, i'm sorry. :) But I don't know I never seen DLR version. But one thing with both of them it's cool how in the first scene there are the painting staring at you with there bright eyes, thats a pretty cool affect! :D

spaulo
PeopleMover People Mover
PeopleMover People Mover

Post by spaulo » Apr Mon 10, 2006 6:41 pm

How can you vote if you've never been on both?

And DLR all the way... superior exterior, better attic, I think the busts in the library of the WDW scene are not as effective as the ones you walk by before loading in the DLR version... Madame Leota's floating head > Madame Leota's blinking tombstone... the spider room, with just some webs and spiders... in WDW is a flagrant waste of space... DLR's HM doubles as the Haunted Mansion Holiday for a couple months, and elevator room is done better at DLR, in my opinion...

I've been on WDW's maybe 24 times or so, and DLR's hundreds. So I may be biased, being a Left Coaster... but at least I've been on both of them... sheesh...
~Steve

Dr. Ravenscroft

Post by Dr. Ravenscroft » Apr Tue 11, 2006 10:04 am

At least the Elevator's in DLR do something, WDW they just fake it, Although it is great at night you can walk right through it and into an awaiting Doombuggie faster. The only reason I like the Library scene, not because of the busts, is the books and ladder.

I know that there is an attic scene in WDW but it's EH. At least there is talk of changing it. And I have been on both as well.
Last edited by Dr. Ravenscroft on Aug Mon 27, 2007 1:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

kgmadorin

Post by kgmadorin » Apr Tue 11, 2006 10:15 am

:shock: Whoa. This is a passionate topic, eh? Seems like there's always a lot of emotion involved when it's east versus west.

Speaking of changes to the mansions, did you hear about the changes planned to DLR's HM? Guess they're trying to incorporate more of a story line, involving the bride in the attic as an axe-wielding murderer. Anyone else have info to confirm?
"Our heritage and ideals, our code and standards--the things we live by and teach our children--are preserved or diminished by how freely we exchange ideas and feelings." -- Walter Elias Disney

Dr. Ravenscroft

Post by Dr. Ravenscroft » Apr Tue 11, 2006 10:23 am

Well it was tossed around that that is what they were doing when it was shutdown for two months but it didn't happen. Personally I like the attic scene upgrade but the changing of Leota is definatly out. its a explained on

http://www.miceage.com/allutz/al022806b.htm

it is a good article. I think they were just upgrading some of the ride mechanisms and possibly setting up for a change after the 50th. I don't think they would change it during the 50th.

spaulo
PeopleMover People Mover
PeopleMover People Mover

Post by spaulo » Apr Tue 11, 2006 10:58 am

kgmadorin wrote:Seems like there's always a lot of emotion involved when it's east versus west.
WESTSIIIIIIDE!
~Steve

D Rae
Alice in Wonderland Wonderer
Alice in Wonderland Wonderer

Post by D Rae » Apr Thu 13, 2006 10:35 pm

after riding both, I'd also have to go with DL..... some how the stone facade at WDW just doesn't set the right mood for me, I much prefer the antibellum look and the que area
I may be growing older, but I refuse to Grow UP!

AKLRULZ
PeopleMover People Mover
PeopleMover People Mover

Post by AKLRULZ » Apr Fri 14, 2006 7:46 am

Can I say "TIE"?! 8)

spaulo
PeopleMover People Mover
PeopleMover People Mover

Post by spaulo » Apr Fri 14, 2006 11:21 am

Sure you can! Apparently you can't "vote" for tie... but hey, them's the breaks in the poll. But yeah I could easily see someone say "They're different, and I like them both equally"

Now... I'm not that person... :twisted: But y'know, whatever.
~Steve

js3901
Matterhorn Bobsleds Climber
Matterhorn Bobsleds Climber

Post by js3901 » Apr Fri 14, 2006 6:45 pm

spaulo wrote:Sure you can! Apparently you can't "vote" for tie... but hey, them's the breaks in the poll. But yeah I could easily see someone say "They're different, and I like them both equally"

Now... I'm not that person... :twisted: But y'know, whatever.
But, polls CAN be changed as needed. Only thing that can't is your vote. Just like a presidential election.
"And please do not sit on the floor. My studies show you can't experience time travel on the floor. and it's not a pretty picture in those shorts" - The Timekeeper

Site Admin, WDW Freak

Cheshire Cat
Mark Twain Steamboat Captain
Mark Twain Steamboat Captain

Post by Cheshire Cat » Apr Fri 14, 2006 9:51 pm

They're practically tied anyway...I guess they both have their goods and bads