Two park experiences - forgive me while I gripe a bit

In relation to Disney Parks but not specific to a single resort

Moderator: Moderators

theBIGyowski
Tom Sawyer Island Rafts Skipper
Tom Sawyer Island Rafts Skipper

Re: Two park experiences - forgive me while I gripe a bit

Post by theBIGyowski » Jun Thu 23, 2016 7:05 am

Looks like Disney opened up ADRs for Coral Reef overnight. I was able to get an ADR for my family when I was wanting...so we should be good to go as far as dining now.

It didn't happen easily though.

1986: Offsite
1997: Offsite
2001: Coronado Springs
2008: Shades of Green / Saratoga Springs (WDW Half Marathon)
2009: Port Orleans French Quarter (WDW Half Marathon)
2010: Port Orleans Riverside (Honeymoon)
2011: Old Key West / Bay Lake Tower
2014: Kidani Village
2015: Old Key West (5th Wedding Anniversary)
2016: Old Key West (Kids' first WDW vacation in December!)

cy1229
Country Bear Jamboree Greeter

Post by cy1229 » Jun Thu 23, 2016 12:34 pm

theBIGyowski wrote:Looks like Disney opened up ADRs for Coral Reef overnight. I was able to get an ADR for my family when I was wanting...so we should be good to go as far as dining now.

This makes me very happy! Hooray! Enjoy!
Polynesian 1980
All-Star Movies 2001
Pop Century 2008
Saratoga Springs 2010
Bay Lake Tower 2012
Hyatt Place Anaheim Resort/Convention Center 2015
Marriott Anaheim Suites 2016

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Jun Thu 23, 2016 9:56 pm

theBIGyowski wrote:Looks like Disney opened up ADRs for Coral Reef overnight. I was able to get an ADR for my family when I was wanting...so we should be good to go as far as dining now.

Yay for perseverance! :goofy_bounce:

Belle1082
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider

Post by Belle1082 » Jun Mon 27, 2016 9:24 am

While joining this bandwagon - i'm getting very frustrated for the same reason! I cannot for the life of me get a Chef Mickey's ADR for our trip in November. What is even more frustrating is that we are staying at the Contemporary (for the first time), so we are literally right there and I cannot get one! We do have a larger party, but with Disney, don't so many groups have large parties and they also need to be accommodating to them?
Anyone know of any tips or tricks if you are staying at the CR and looking to book Chef Mickey's?!?

cy1229

Post by cy1229 » Jun Mon 27, 2016 1:33 pm

Belle1082 wrote:While joining this bandwagon - i'm getting very frustrated for the same reason! I cannot for the life of me get a Chef Mickey's ADR for our trip in November. What is even more frustrating is that we are staying at the Contemporary (for the first time), so we are literally right there and I cannot get one! We do have a larger party, but with Disney, don't so many groups have large parties and they also need to be accommodating to them?
Anyone know of any tips or tricks if you are staying at the CR and looking to book Chef Mickey's?!?
I don't know how large is large, but you could always try breaking your group into smaller groups and booking them separately. Of course it doesn't guarantee that you'll all be seated together, either, but it's worth a shot, especially if you have several families dining together, they could be booked separately and then just "visit with" each other since it's a fairly casual, somewhat rambunctious place. I wouldn't recommend this technique with someplace like Coral Reef or Teppan Edo, but seems like Chef Mickey's it would work ok.
Polynesian 1980
All-Star Movies 2001
Pop Century 2008
Saratoga Springs 2010
Bay Lake Tower 2012
Hyatt Place Anaheim Resort/Convention Center 2015
Marriott Anaheim Suites 2016

Belle1082
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider

Post by Belle1082 » Jun Tue 28, 2016 9:41 am

I've tried throwing in smaller parties, but still haven't found anything. Plus, it is tough because we are one big family so we always like to sit together especially so we can all see the little ones with the characters.
I just wonder if you are ever able to try walk up reservations or if the hotel can help since we will be guests at the CR. I will keep looking every single day for reservations though! :-)

I almost wish they had a different system for larger parties, since it sounds like it can be trickier to get large reservations -- but so many group travel with so many -- you would think they could help that system a bit! :/

Wizzard419
Pirates of the Caribbean Buccaneer
Pirates of the Caribbean Buccaneer

Post by Wizzard419 » Jun Tue 28, 2016 4:11 pm

I would also think if you came up with two small parties, they would probably only be able to seat them as two parties, possibly not near each other. Logistics for those things can be a pain, which is why you probably have to work directly with a concierge or travel agent for a larger group.

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Jun Tue 28, 2016 6:31 pm

Have you tried calling CR directly and asking them for assistance in making the reservation Belle1082?

Belle1082
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider

Post by Belle1082 » Jun Wed 29, 2016 10:26 am

Amy wrote:Have you tried calling CR directly and asking them for assistance in making the reservation Belle1082?
Interesting. I never thought of calling them directly. I should give that a shot! Thanks!!!!

Belle1082
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider

Post by Belle1082 » Jul Thu 14, 2016 8:54 am

Belle1082 wrote:
Amy wrote:Have you tried calling CR directly and asking them for assistance in making the reservation Belle1082?
Interesting. I never thought of calling them directly. I should give that a shot! Thanks!!!!
Quick Update!

I've literally been checking Disney Dining reservations every single day since we booked our trip. Namely Chef Mickey's since like I said we are staying at the CR.
I have not been able to find ANY times whatsoever. Not even the dinner reservations at 9:15PM. lol And then yesterday, the Disney Gods shined upon me and all of a sudden a 5:15PM dinner reservation popped up for our party of 10! I could not believe it! Frankly, I didn't believe it until the reservation completely went through. I'm SO excited!
Not only is it amazing because it is the one character dining experience I wanted to book this trip, especially because we are staying at the Contemporary but also because it is the absolute PERFECT time for us to have a reservation! Having 4 little ones on the trip, raging from ages 18 months to 7, getting the timing right is everything and this is a perfect post-nap, run downstairs for dinner time meal! Ahhhh I am just thrilled! Disney persistence pays off!!!!

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Jul Thu 14, 2016 7:18 pm

That is great news Belle1082! Isn't it awesome when things work out just how you'd like them to? Does that get everything all sorted for your trip then?