Confessions of a Disneyphile

In relation to Disney Parks but not specific to a single resort

Moderator: Moderators

cy1229
Country Bear Jamboree Greeter
Country Bear Jamboree Greeter

Confessions of a Disneyphile

Post by cy1229 » Apr Sun 17, 2016 10:03 pm

We're all friends here, so it's ok to admit it. Think of us as a kind of support group. What thing(s) do you do to feed your internal Disney craving?

I go back and re-read my trip reports, start to finish.
Polynesian 1980
All-Star Movies 2001
Pop Century 2008
Saratoga Springs 2010
Bay Lake Tower 2012
Hyatt Place Anaheim Resort/Convention Center 2015
Marriott Anaheim Suites 2016

momeja
Rocket Jets Flight Director
Rocket Jets Flight Director

Re: Confessions of a Disneyphile

Post by momeja » Apr Wed 20, 2016 7:54 am

Listening to Subsonic
Drinking from one of my mugs (the one I pick depends on the day it's going to be - unless my spouse picks first for me. Then, it's almost always Splash Mountain!)
If I'm really feeling the craving, I begin surfing the Disneyworld site, but that can backfire so I consider it an atomic option. ;)

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Apr Wed 20, 2016 8:03 am

momeja wrote:Listening to Subsonic
Drinking from one of my mugs (the one I pick depends on the day it's going to be - unless my spouse picks first for me. Then, it's almost always Splash Mountain!)
If I'm really feeling the craving, I begin surfing the Disneyworld site, but that can backfire so I consider it an atomic option. ;)
Is Splash Mountain your spouse's favorite attraction? Or does he consider it to be your favorite attraction? Either way, sounds like you have a nice selection to choose from :goofy_bounce:

theBIGyowski
Tom Sawyer Island Rafts Skipper
Tom Sawyer Island Rafts Skipper

Post by theBIGyowski » Apr Tue 26, 2016 10:13 am

I listen to Disney-themed podcasts on my commute to and from work every day. I have yet to even turn on my car radio since moving to Atlanta last May. I have enough podcasts that I can just listen to them during my 45-60 minute commutes each way. They keep me up to date on all things going on at WDW as well as just learning more about the parks and stuff. I also have the iOS app "Theme Park News - Disney Edition" on my phone, which gives me news from a variety of Disney blogs and sites...all in one place. Another thing that keeps me in the loop is having a friend at work who has an AP and goes to WDW 6+ times per year. He's able to give me updates from the parks and I usually give him ideas on things to do when he's planning his trips. And lastly, a good friend of mine just became a travel agent who specializes in Disney vacations. So I know I can ping her with questions about trip planning and all that when it's something I don't know the answer to.

For my immediate park fixes, I head over to YouTube and pull up a video of an attraction or audio I need to hear. If I just want the atmosphere from the park, there are many videos of walkthroughs from parks. If you are watching on your phone or tablet, you can look for 360 degree videos of attractions or even park walkthroughs. They are very cool and I think would be even better if I had some type of headset. I also play the Disney World Must Do video a good bit when I'm wanting that in the background...or even a video capture from the channel there in your resort room that gives you information about park hours and show times and all that.

My favorite channels/videos from YouTube:
iThemepark YouTube Channel (this person is one of the best)
Disney Must Do
WDW Park Info Channel

Of course the Subsonic Radio app on my phone gets used constantly to keep the parks audio in my ear. My favorite channels are Main Street, Future Land, Soarin', and Star Tunnel. I'll jump over to the Requests or Staff Picks every now and then.

1986: Offsite
1997: Offsite
2001: Coronado Springs
2008: Shades of Green / Saratoga Springs (WDW Half Marathon)
2009: Port Orleans French Quarter (WDW Half Marathon)
2010: Port Orleans Riverside (Honeymoon)
2011: Old Key West / Bay Lake Tower
2014: Kidani Village
2015: Old Key West (5th Wedding Anniversary)
2016: Old Key West (Kids' first WDW vacation in December!)