Does anyone know

In relation to Disney Parks but not specific to a single resort

Moderator: Moderators

jlpeaches255
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider

Does anyone know

Post by jlpeaches255 » Feb Sun 28, 2016 12:11 pm

Can you get distilled water at the resorts? I have searched online and the answer seems to be yes but the official Disney answer is no. My mom will need it when we go in April for her CPAP machine and I am sure lots of others have the same problem! Any first hand experience finding it would be very helpful. Thanks

Wizzard419
Pirates of the Caribbean Buccaneer

Re: Does anyone know

Post by Wizzard419 » Feb Sun 28, 2016 12:22 pm

There is that grocery store on property, not sure if they will have it. But your best bet would be to contact the hotel you are staying at and requesting it. I'm not sure how much you need to carry but if it is a small amount, you may want to pack a regulation sized bottle in your carry on, and then a few larger bottles in your checked luggage (double bagged in case of leaks).

I am taking it that you need the distilled for hardness issues with that machine? Theoretically, you may be able to just use bottled (tap water can be risky in FL) if it is just for a week.

cy1229
Country Bear Jamboree Greeter
Country Bear Jamboree Greeter

Post by cy1229 » Mar Thu 03, 2016 6:20 pm

So one thing you can do is take a Brita filtering water bottle and run the tap water through. It will take out most of the ions that would clog her machine (but not ALL of them).

Another thing you can do is have the Green Grocer or whatever it is deliver a few gallons to your resort, along with a few snacks or whatever you might want. If you don't order anything that has to stay cold it shouldn't be any big deal.

Your third option is to take a cab to Walmart to get a couple gallons. But I think that's the most expensive option.

Seems like the first aid people should be able to get some for you. I can't imagine that a CPAP machine is at all uncommon and that a relatively large number of people would have the same need.
Polynesian 1980
All-Star Movies 2001
Pop Century 2008
Saratoga Springs 2010
Bay Lake Tower 2012
Hyatt Place Anaheim Resort/Convention Center 2015
Marriott Anaheim Suites 2016

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Mar Thu 03, 2016 7:42 pm

Another option is to ship ahead a box with the water and any snacks or other items you might want/need ~ check on the website to see how close to your arrival you should try to get the package there. I think they hold packages either at the front desk or bell services when you ship them ahead.

Wizzard419

Post by Wizzard419 » Mar Thu 03, 2016 9:39 pm

Another option, which may help too, just use an on-demand delivery/courier service to just get one and bring it to you (like Uber Rush), or take the cheaper alternative to a cab, Uber/Lyft.

jlpeaches255
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider

Post by jlpeaches255 » Mar Sat 12, 2016 10:21 am

Hmm Thanks for all the suggestions. I have to ask her how much of it she needs since she will only be there for three nights.