In relation to Disney Parks but not specific to a single resort

Moderator: Moderators

Belle1082
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider

Saratoga Springs Rooms

Post by Belle1082 » Sep Fri 11, 2015 9:08 am

Hi All --

Wondering if anyone can help me out with what area would be the best to request to have our rooms located at Saratoga Springs? I feel like the most important thing to us is bus location -- so anyone have any idea what area to request would be best??

Any other tips and tricks at SS?

THANKS! :mickey:

cy1229
Country Bear Jamboree Greeter
Country Bear Jamboree Greeter

Re: Saratoga Springs Rooms

Post by cy1229 » Sep Fri 11, 2015 10:22 am

Belle1082 wrote:Hi All --

Wondering if anyone can help me out with what area would be the best to request to have our rooms located at Saratoga Springs? I feel like the most important thing to us is bus location -- so anyone have any idea what area to request would be best??

It's been forever and a day (ok, just January 2010 but that's 5 1/2 years ago now) since we stayed there. I've been trying really hard to figure out where our room was. I know it was removed from the center of the resort where the lobby and such were. Anyway, it was really, really quiet. The bus stop was first on, last off. I think it was the Paddock. But I don't remember. And, I do remember feeling like I had to wait a long time for a bus.

I have no financial interest in them whatsoever, but they have good information and it's well worth the $13 for a year's subscription. TouringPlans.com (http://touringplans.com/walt-disney-wor ... esort-spa#) has some really good information for you and can give you an idea of where you should request, right down to views from specific rooms and buildings. Definitely money well spent if you haven't already.
Polynesian 1980
All-Star Movies 2001
Pop Century 2008
Saratoga Springs 2010
Bay Lake Tower 2012
Hyatt Place Anaheim Resort/Convention Center 2015
Marriott Anaheim Suites 2016

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Sep Fri 11, 2015 10:39 am

Not sure if this helps at all, but here is a nice map of the resort that shows the different areas and transportation stops.
http://www.kennythepirate.com/2013/07/1 ... rings-map/

JenMuse
Mad Tea Party Host
Mad Tea Party Host
Location: Los Osos, California (a.k.a. 2,714 miles from the Polynesian)

Post by JenMuse » Sep Fri 11, 2015 2:50 pm

I've got a touringplans membership, I can look up a room for ya. I'll be staying there myself in 2 weeks. :)

What are your preferences?
  • 1980-93: Fort Wilderness
    1996: All-Stars Movie
    1999: rented a private home
    2008: Hilton Grand Vacation Club at International Drive (HGVC)
    2009: All-Stars Music & Pop Century
    2010: HGVC at I-Drive
    2011: Anaheim Hilton (DisneyLand)
    2012: HGVC at I-Drive & Caribbean Beach Resort
    2013: HGVC-Parc Soleil & Port Orleans Riverside AND Anaheim Hilton
    2015: Old Key West & Saratoga Springs

Belle1082
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider

Post by Belle1082 » Sep Fri 11, 2015 3:38 pm

JenMuse wrote:

I've got a touringplans membership, I can look up a room for ya. I'll be staying there myself in 2 weeks. :)

What are your preferences?
I actually do have a Touring Plans membership and didn't even think to check that out! Awesome!

Oh fun that you will be at SS as well! You can scope the place out for me! :-)
I'm just trying to figure out best placement near the bus, etc since we will have small children with us and minimal time waiting for a bus will be key! :-)

JenMuse
Mad Tea Party Host
Mad Tea Party Host

Post by JenMuse » Sep Fri 11, 2015 3:44 pm

Belle1082 wrote: I actually do have a Touring Plans membership and didn't even think to check that out! Awesome!

I'm just trying to figure out best placement near the bus, etc since we will have small children with us and minimal time waiting for a bus will be key! :-)
I'll be there with my adult brother and no kids so I went for close to bus and quiet.

Belle1082
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider

Post by Belle1082 » Sep Fri 11, 2015 3:46 pm

JenMuse wrote:
Belle1082 wrote: I actually do have a Touring Plans membership and didn't even think to check that out! Awesome!

I'll be there with my adult brother and no kids so I went for close to bus and quiet.
Close to the bus and quiet is EXACTLY what we are looking for! What part did you request?

JenMuse
Mad Tea Party Host
Mad Tea Party Host

Post by JenMuse » Sep Fri 11, 2015 4:52 pm

Belle1082 wrote:Close to the bus and quiet is EXACTLY what we are looking for! What part did you request?
We have a reservation for a one bedroom cause when I first booked this it was just me...so in addition to requesting rm 3630 I've also begged them for an upgrade to a 2 bedroom.

Went for the Springs building 6 ranking closeness to bus first, then sound, then proximity to general store (for grocery shopping ease).

Doubt the upgrade will happen. But never hurts to ask. Didn't get one in January when it was Dad & I at OKW. I gave him the bedroom and slept on the sofa. My back was less than happy with me, but I'd do it again for dad. For bro...well, I might swap with him after mousekeeping comes mid-stay. :ccat:

Belle1082
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider

Post by Belle1082 » Sep Mon 14, 2015 8:55 am

Haha -- Good Luck with the upgrade! I didn't know they would ever do that. Is that a free upgrade?

I will also request building #6! Closest to the bus is definitely our #1 priority. And close to the store makes sense as well for us.

Thanks JenMuse! You'll have to let me know how your trip goes and your stay at SS!

JenMuse
Mad Tea Party Host
Mad Tea Party Host

Post by JenMuse » Sep Mon 14, 2015 10:50 am

Probably not. But ya never know. Last full family trip in 2012, my bro was having back issues from sleeping on the sofa of the suite at my timeshare, so whilst walking around Adventureland I booked a room for myself at the All-Star music so he could have my bedroom at the Hilton timeshare. When my family dropped me off at the all-stars, the cast member said, oh, there's a flag on your reservation and it's fill of pixie dust! They sent me over to Caribbean Beach at the All-Stars price.

Belle1082
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider

Post by Belle1082 » Sep Mon 14, 2015 12:43 pm

JenMuse wrote:Probably not. But ya never know. Last full family trip in 2012, my bro was having back issues from sleeping on the sofa of the suite at my timeshare, so whilst walking around Adventureland I booked a room for myself at the All-Star music so he could have my bedroom at the Hilton timeshare. When my family dropped me off at the all-stars, the cast member said, oh, there's a flag on your reservation and it's fill of pixie dust! They sent me over to Caribbean Beach at the All-Stars price.
How cool is that?!

Actually, way back in 1995 my family trip to Disney World was extra special too. We stayed 5 nights at Port Orleans, but then my Dad surprised my Mom with two nights at the Grand Floridian. My dad told the travel agent we used that it was a surprise and when we went to check in at the GF, they had upgraded us for free to the Concierge floor where we had a two bedroom suite! It was INCREDIBLE! I don't know if I"ll ever stay in that fancy of a room ever again! :-)

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Sep Mon 14, 2015 1:49 pm

Belle1082 wrote:
JenMuse wrote:Probably not. But ya never know. Last full family trip in 2012, my bro was having back issues from sleeping on the sofa of the suite at my timeshare, so whilst walking around Adventureland I booked a room for myself at the All-Star music so he could have my bedroom at the Hilton timeshare. When my family dropped me off at the all-stars, the cast member said, oh, there's a flag on your reservation and it's fill of pixie dust! They sent me over to Caribbean Beach at the All-Stars price.
How cool is that?!

Actually, way back in 1995 my family trip to Disney World was extra special too. We stayed 5 nights at Port Orleans, but then my Dad surprised my Mom with two nights at the Grand Floridian. My dad told the travel agent we used that it was a surprise and when we went to check in at the GF, they had upgraded us for free to the Concierge floor where we had a two bedroom suite! It was INCREDIBLE! I don't know if I"ll ever stay in that fancy of a room ever again! :-)
Wow ~ both of you were really lucky! Stayed in a concierge level room when we visited DL and there was nothing like it since. Amazing to have access to the club level amenities! :D

JenMuse
Mad Tea Party Host
Mad Tea Party Host

Post by JenMuse » Oct Thu 08, 2015 5:21 pm

Ended up in room 4134 in the Springs and it was perfectly located near the bus stop and the main pool and the carriage house for ease of check-in and out and refilling those mugs.

It was the last bus stop though and we had to stand for some bus ride to the parks.

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Oct Thu 08, 2015 6:27 pm

JenMuse wrote:Ended up in room 4134 in the Springs and it was perfectly located near the bus stop and the main pool and the carriage house for ease of check-in and out and refilling those mugs.

It was the last bus stop though and we had to stand for some bus ride to the parks.
Was it a preferred room, or did you just luck out that it was close to those things? I understand why they started a "preferred room" up charge, but with Figment using the ECV, there really isn't any reason for us to pay the extra to be close to things anymore. It was definitely more of an issue when she was doing the walking, but luckily it didn't cost more then!

JenMuse
Mad Tea Party Host
Mad Tea Party Host

Post by JenMuse » Oct Thu 08, 2015 7:01 pm

Amy wrote:Was it a preferred room, or did you just luck out that it was close to those things? I understand why they started a "preferred room" up charge, but with Figment using the ECV, there really isn't any reason for us to pay the extra to be close to things anymore. It was definitely more of an issue when she was doing the walking, but luckily it didn't cost more then!
Uh, I don't know about that. I don't think they classify the DVC resort rooms as preferred or not because they are all suites or studios. I used RCI to trade my Hilton Vacation Club for DVC so I didn't pay cash.