Disney In The Dark - Photo Tribute to Disney Magic at Night

In relation to Disney Parks but not specific to a single resort

Moderator: Moderators

When do you think Disney Parks appear the most magical?

During the Day
8%
During the Night
83%
Appears to be no difference to me
8%

Total votes: 84

daluke
Autopian Mechanic
Autopian Mechanic

Re: Disney In The Dark - Photo Tribute to Disney Magic at Ni

Post by daluke » Jan Thu 23, 2014 11:56 pm

Can't post too many comments without another picture!

Another twilight picture:

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Jan Fri 24, 2014 9:11 am

daluke wrote:
Amy wrote:Love that photo of Mickey and the flames. We always sit way in the back in the accessible seating now so my photo challenges include having to zoom in for every photo. I like having the overlook position though :D
Even sitting up close during F!, you need a zoom lens, or good luck, or both!

We ALWAYS sit in the very front row...there's actually one bench in front of each section right on the fence. They fill up pretty late and so you can get a near center seat without having to be first one in the stadium. Yes, you can get a little spray...but you are also really close to the CMs, especially those on the boats, etc.

We also feel less crowded there because no one is in front of us, and the next row is pretty far away.

I have often wanted to sit farther back to see it from a different perspective, but we don't go that often so would hate to "waste" a F! trying out a seating location that it turned out we hate.

Same way for Wishes...we always sit pretty close to the hub. I know farther back (even TTC) has a good perspective too, fireworks seem larger etc, but we always sit up close. Once we tried to be different, and watched Wishes from behind the castle. Never again! It was nice, but not the same in my opinion.
I never knew about those little seats in the front. I might have to go for one of those next time! I really like the seats in the back as you have an overview of everything. And not a lot of people surrounding you...I don't like crowds :(
theBIGyowski mentioned something about watching the fireworks from Fantasyland on their last trip. That is something I don't think of and might want to try the next time too. We always end up getting pretty squished while we are waiting, and it gets hard for Mom to see unless she stands up and she really can't do that for the whole length of the fireworks show.
daluke wrote:
MmeLeota wrote:...The only downside is having to go through the thousands of pictures to find to gems.
And even after going through them, I don't really delete ANYTHING, so I have so many blurry, bad pictures that are NEVER going to be good taking up space on my hard drive! :)
Oh my goodness, me too! :lol:

daluke
Autopian Mechanic
Autopian Mechanic

Post by daluke » Jan Fri 24, 2014 11:09 am

Amy wrote: I never knew about those little seats in the front. I might have to go for one of those next time! ... I don't like crowds :(
theBIGyowski mentioned something about watching the fireworks from Fantasyland on their last trip. That is something I don't think of and might want to try the next time too. We always end up getting pretty squished while we are waiting, and it gets hard for Mom to see unless she stands up and she really can't do that for the whole length of the fireworks show.
You definitely don't feel squished when sitting on those benches at F!. But if you don't like getting misted, not really for you. We have yet to get WET...the flames do a good job of drying you off :lol:

I can't remember if I said this...we watched Wishes from Fland once, didn't like it but I know plenty of people say they do. Have you tried the Dessert thing for Wishes? My understanding is that that is rather uncrowded...

MmeLeota
Pack Mules Wrangler
Pack Mules Wrangler

Post by MmeLeota » Jan Fri 24, 2014 11:30 am

daluke wrote:
MmeLeota wrote:...The only downside is having to go through the thousands of pictures to find to gems.
And even after going through them, I don't really delete ANYTHING, so I have so many blurry, bad pictures that are NEVER going to be good taking up space on my hard drive! :)
Oh my goodness, me too! :lol:[/quote]
Me three! :roll:

jderoche5
Fantasyland Theater Projectionist
Fantasyland Theater Projectionist

Post by jderoche5 » Jan Fri 24, 2014 2:02 pm

daluke wrote:Can't post too many comments without another picture!

Another twilight picture:

Love Love Love this!
Jessica
Always remember that it was started by a mouse…...

http://instagram.com/jderoche5

daluke
Autopian Mechanic
Autopian Mechanic

Post by daluke » Jan Thu 30, 2014 10:43 pm

Thanks Jessica!

Here's an Illuminations shot...I don't have a lot of luck with Illuminations - or fireworks in general - but I do like how you can see France in the background of this one.

boilerbabe
Pack Mules Wrangler
Pack Mules Wrangler

Post by boilerbabe » Jan Fri 31, 2014 6:17 pm

daluke wrote:Thanks Jessica!

Here's an Illuminations shot...I don't have a lot of luck with Illuminations - or fireworks in general - but I do like how you can see France in the background of this one.

Nice shot! I had a difficult time myself on our past trip with Illuminations. I like how you captured France in the background too!

daluke
Autopian Mechanic
Autopian Mechanic

Post by daluke » Feb Sat 01, 2014 6:39 pm

boilerbabe wrote:Nice shot! I had a difficult time myself on our past trip with Illuminations.
Thanks bbabe! Most of my fireworks pics have smoke in them...not sure how the great pictures can get the fireworks without all the smoke! Like this one...I like the colors in this shot, but there is so much smoke. And if I try longer exposures to get the longer trails, then the castle is overexposed...

Last edited by daluke on Feb Sat 08, 2014 11:23 am, edited 1 time in total.

boilerbabe
Pack Mules Wrangler
Pack Mules Wrangler

Post by boilerbabe » Feb Sat 01, 2014 9:59 pm

daluke wrote:
boilerbabe wrote:Nice shot! I had a difficult time myself on our past trip with Illuminations.
Thanks bbabe! Most of my fireworks pics have smoke in them...not sure how the great pictures can get the fireworks without all the smoke! Like this one...I like the colors in this shot, but there is so much smoke. And if I try longer exposures to get the longer trails, then the castle is overexposed...

I like this shot too! I am just learning my DSLR camera, so I'm afraid I am of no help!!! Len90 is the guy to ask! He knows much about photogrpahy! :D

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Feb Sun 02, 2014 9:04 am

I like the smoke ~ it adds to the picture for me...although I am sure there is a way to not have it in there

Goofyfan
Snow White's Adventures Gem Miner

Post by Goofyfan » Feb Sat 08, 2014 8:08 am

Another post card shot. Very stunning. :D :goofy:

daluke
Autopian Mechanic
Autopian Mechanic

Post by daluke » Feb Tue 11, 2014 9:25 pm

I love the colors in this shot! Took it while waiting for Wishes...I like to think that that window is into the Cinderella Suite :)

boilerbabe
Pack Mules Wrangler
Pack Mules Wrangler

Post by boilerbabe » Feb Tue 11, 2014 10:23 pm

I do like that shot daluke!!!! :D Gorgeous!

Goofyfan

Post by Goofyfan » Feb Tue 11, 2014 10:46 pm

Verry nice. :goofy:

Arvorenn
Autopian Mechanic
Autopian Mechanic

Post by Arvorenn » Feb Mon 17, 2014 10:18 am

Every time I look into this thread my heart is bleeding, both because it's been so long since my Disney trips and because I/we didn't have a DSLR back in the day, so what pictures I have aren't that good. But here's one, anyway, taken in 2006.