What's an attraction/show you've never seen...

In relation to Disney Parks but not specific to a single resort

Moderator: Moderators

packwingfn
Skyway Loader
Skyway Loader

Post by packwingfn » Nov Fri 14, 2008 2:35 am

I've never seen the show or whatever it's called in Canada at WS. I've wanted to the past 2 trips but never did. I will try to make it when I'm there this coming January
I quite enjoy the Canada movie. It's just a nice quick 15 minute 360 presentation that shows you the scenary and lifestyle of Canadians. It helps that it was only updated a year ago.
I know this is probably your first flight...and it's mine too...ha, ha

Rain upon that planet Earth. And they rain ... and rain ... and rain. The deluge.

DisBeamer
PeopleMover People Mover
PeopleMover People Mover

Post by DisBeamer » Nov Fri 14, 2008 2:40 am

packwingfn wrote:
I've never seen the show or whatever it's called in Canada at WS. I've wanted to the past 2 trips but never did. I will try to make it when I'm there this coming January
I quite enjoy the Canada movie. It's just a nice quick 15 minute 360 presentation that shows you the scenary and lifestyle of Canadians. It helps that it was only updated a year ago.
It helps a lot. I hated the old one. And I'm a Canadian. :lol: The new one is worth watching though, definitely.
~ Caroline

[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v480/atoning_unifex/Caroline%20Gaia/tta.gif[/img]

99Soulz
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider

Post by 99Soulz » Nov Fri 14, 2008 9:11 am

DisBeamer wrote:
packwingfn wrote:
It helps a lot. I hated the old one. And I'm a Canadian. :lol: The new one is worth watching though, definitely.
Thanks for the tip, I did not know it was updated. Will definitely check it out over Thanksgiving.

Donalds1Fan
Fantasyland Theater Projectionist

Post by Donalds1Fan » Nov Fri 14, 2008 8:28 pm

DisBeamer wrote:
packwingfn wrote:
Isn't Martin Short in the new one?

packwingfn
Skyway Loader
Skyway Loader

Post by packwingfn » Nov Fri 14, 2008 11:29 pm

Yes Martin Short is in the new one, and yet he is funny, he does get a little serious about certain things and you can tell that he is proud to be a Canadian.

One of the few things I liked about the old film was the song about Blue Nose? (The Ship) and the original O Canada song but I like the new version just as well. I also like that they kept a lot of the original clips from the first one so it's not like it changed a lot.
I know this is probably your first flight...and it's mine too...ha, ha

Rain upon that planet Earth. And they rain ... and rain ... and rain. The deluge.

DisBeamer
PeopleMover People Mover
PeopleMover People Mover

Post by DisBeamer » Nov Fri 14, 2008 11:38 pm

I liked that they updated the parts that were hideously dated while keeping a lot of the panoramic shots that were so pretty. And they put the kibosh on a lot of the terribly stereotypical garbage, which I was personally happy with. And the person they have singing the song now (who I think was the winner of Canadian Idol at some point), actually has a really nice French accent, versus the 'took 9th grade American high school french' accent they had before. (*end accent snob* ;) )

Anyway, I wouldn't have recommended the film before, but I do now. So that's saying a lot for it, imo.
~ Caroline

[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v480/atoning_unifex/Caroline%20Gaia/tta.gif[/img]

Donalds1Fan

Post by Donalds1Fan » Nov Sat 15, 2008 12:05 am

DisBeamer wrote:I liked that they updated the parts that were hideously dated while keeping a lot of the panoramic shots that were so pretty. And they put the kibosh on a lot of the terribly stereotypical garbage, which I was personally happy with. And the person they have singing the song now (who I think was the winner of Canadian Idol at some point), actually has a really nice French accent, versus the 'took 9th grade American high school french' accent they had before. (*end accent snob* ;) )

Anyway, I wouldn't have recommended the film before, but I do now. So that's saying a lot for it, imo.
I wanted to see it this year because I had heard it was updated, but didn't have time. I only saw the original version once, and that was back in 1993! :shock: Needless to say, I don't remember any of it.

Cazza and Livvie's Mum

Post by Cazza and Livvie's Mum » Nov Sun 16, 2008 4:57 am

I've never seen 'Flights of Wonder' at AK and 'Honey, I Shrunk the Audience' at Epcot. Flight of Wonder we always seem to miss the slot and the other my daughter watched a promotional video for the ride and refused point blank to go in (she is terrified of snakes). One day maybe one day I will watch these shows and I hope the wait has been worth it :wink:

Mr.ToadWildRider
Flight to the Moon Flight Director
Flight to the Moon Flight Director

Post by Mr.ToadWildRider » Dec Tue 09, 2008 10:52 am

Turtle Talk, Triceratops Spin, Festival of Lion King, Rafiki's Planet Watch, Pangani Forest Exploration, Aladdin's Carpets, Impressions of France, O'Canada, Camp Minnie-Mickey, a lot of Toontown, the animation tour, playhouse disney, and the movie set stuff (Narnia, etc). Probably others too.

This list does NOT include rides I have ridden at some point in my life but now choose to skip.

Soarin08
Skyway Loader
Skyway Loader

Post by Soarin08 » Dec Tue 09, 2008 3:10 pm

Faint if you must- Space Mountain. :shock: