What is a Tradition for you at Disney?

In relation to Disney Parks but not specific to a single resort

Moderator: Moderators

4Mica
King Arthur Carousel Horseman

Post by 4Mica » Oct Wed 03, 2007 2:26 pm

We always get our fortunes from Madame Esmarelda and we go to the Sunday morning show of Billy Hill and the Hillbillies.

danimal3114u
Peter Pan's Flight Pixie Duster

Post by danimal3114u » Oct Wed 03, 2007 3:37 pm

4Mica wrote:We always get our fortunes from Madame Esmarelda and we go to the Sunday morning show of Billy Hill and the Hillbillies.
That's great about Billy Hill and Hillbillies. Do you know if the Sunday morning show is particularly different than their other shows?

4Mica

Post by 4Mica » Oct Thu 04, 2007 10:28 am

At one time there were members of the Billy Hill fan club who would always go to that show, thus the crowd reaction was always good which I feel determines how well the show goes. I don't know if they still go to that show evey week but it became a tradition for us.

danimal3114u

Post by danimal3114u » Oct Thu 04, 2007 2:34 pm

That's really cool, I'll be sure to at least check out that show next time I'm there on a Sunday. I remember seeing them play when they first started at Disneyland, back in Big Thunder Ranch. It's amazing they've been this consistently hilarious and amazing for that long. They still do something new at almost every show I go to.

Tinkerbell
Main Street Horse Car Coachman
Main Street Horse Car Coachman

Post by Tinkerbell » Oct Thu 11, 2007 10:29 pm

When we go to Disney World with my whole family we start in Tomorrowland and go around to Adventureland. If me and rdeacon go alone we start in Adventureland and go around to Tomorrowland. Our last trip was with our niece and with her we seem to head right to the castle and do Fantasyland first since she is obsessed with the castle. Guess we have all bases covered! :pluto:

stinoi
Fantasyland Theater Projectionist
Fantasyland Theater Projectionist

Post by stinoi » Feb Tue 05, 2008 8:37 pm

Our tradition is that the first and last ride of the trip is always Spaceship Earth. It started out as a coincidence, but it grew on us and now it's a must-do.

saritajuanita
Autopian Mechanic
Autopian Mechanic

Post by saritajuanita » Feb Wed 06, 2008 1:14 am

My top 5 traditions:

1) As many rides on the Jungle Cruise as are necessary to get a good skipper (a "definitive spiel" skipper, if you will).

2) A fortune/prescription from Jungle Ned, the shrunken head

3) A ride on the Storybook Canal Boats. Even if it's just 20-something me and a boat full of sprogs in princess costumes. If nothing else, I do it for the giant mutant ducks who invade London Park in Peter Pan (you remember them from the film, right?)

4) Stop and look for the Queen. See if you can get someone else to stop and look too.

5) Visit the Disney Gallery (when it was in NOS) - see the new exhibit (or re-visit the old one).
"Pretty soon we'll be underwater - I mean, under<i>way</i>."

"Careful of the little ones folks, if they latch on to you they'll bleed you dry for the next 18 to 24 years."

ghostelias
Motor Boat Cruise Skipper
Motor Boat Cruise Skipper

Post by ghostelias » Feb Mon 18, 2008 4:53 pm

For some reason we always end up at Pinocchio's in the Magic Kingdom for lunch and always at The Land pavillion for lunch when we at Epcot. The last time i went to WDW was in Dec 2003 since then the land has been refurbished so will have to check out Sunshine Seasons this time around.

Sockdoodle
Casey Junior Circus Train Conductor
Casey Junior Circus Train Conductor

Post by Sockdoodle » Feb Sat 23, 2008 12:54 am

Riding The Land at least a couple of times.

Another strange tradition that we recently developed has been to get one of those crystal key chains from one of the discount shops (Pooh's Corner, etc.). When discounted, it's only a few bucks for a really COOL laser etched crystal keychain where the image in the middle of the crystal!

TheCheshireStitch
Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln Usher
Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln Usher

Post by TheCheshireStitch » Feb Sat 23, 2008 1:47 am

my hubby and i have a few traditions.

- we almost always eat our first dinner while staying at wdw at tony's town square. it's where we first ate on our honeymoon.

- we always check out all of the disney-related stores at DTD, and eat at wolfgang puck's express (their butternut squash soup and macaroni and cheese are amazing!)

- we always visit the polynesian (if we're not already staying there) and get pina coladas. we shop at the boutiki.

- we always go to MK our first day, and the first attraction/ride we go to is philharmagic. we think it's just a great way to get into the "disney spirit".
DVC member SSR, Annual Passholder

Disney pin trading nut!

Hubby and I are Disney fanatics! Visit "the world" 3 times a year. <3

:ccat: :jack: :figment:

MW1218
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider

Post by MW1218 » Feb Mon 25, 2008 3:18 pm

My sister and I always do Pirates first, since we're huge fans.
Every day I'm in the Magic Kingdom, I have to eat at least one turkey leg.
Yelling out "Don't do it!" and "Save yourselves!" while we pass over Stitch's Great Escape on the Peoplemover has become a tradition.
One cookie ice cream sandwich in Liberty Square at least once per trip.

cccmouse
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider

Post by cccmouse » Mar Mon 31, 2008 8:55 pm

We always leave North Carolina early enough in the morning to get to the Trails End for lunch as our first meal. Also, a cookies and cream milkshake at the sci-fi is a must at least once per trip.

skull

Post by skull » Apr Tue 01, 2008 6:57 am

We always eat at the primetime @ MGM at least once.

We always wait till almost everyone has left whatever park we happen to be at, before we start to make our way to the exit. It's so peaceful, and relaxing that way
[img]http://www.adamandshannan.info/skull/skullsm.jpg[/img]

JWG

Post by JWG » Apr Tue 01, 2008 12:51 pm

JWG wrote:1) Check-in first thing, no matter when we arrive. If the room isn't ready, that's fine.

2) World Showcase TS meal. Somewhere different - this trip is Morrocco

3) SSE as first thing at Epcot - no matter the wait. Won't happen this trip, but it will resume once SSE is back in action.

4) Since we've always gone with extended familiy of at least 4 or more, one night for just my wife and I. Even if its just dinner.
Having done our first trip with our DD (11 months when we went), we'll have to come up with some new stuff that includes her.
[url=http://www.userbars.com][img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v497/HeathenAngel/Avatars%20Etc/epcot-fan.gif[/img][/url][url=http://www.userbars.com][img]http://i178.photobucket.com/albums/w251/budz211/horizons.gif[/img][/url]
[img]http://www.disneypedia.org/_i/banners/bar/space-mountain2.gif[/img][img]http://www.disneypedia.org/_i/banners/bar/SR_fan.gif[/img]

Mupsy90
Autopian Mechanic
Autopian Mechanic

Post by Mupsy90 » Apr Fri 04, 2008 6:51 pm

i don't have many traditions.
The first one i can think of is that we always eat at chef mickeys sometime during our stay (and usually its more than once!). Oh and Ohana also but for breakfast only. We also always ending up eating at the crystal palace at least once for dinner.

We also always check in first( i saw other people listed that so i might as well lol) and drop off our bags before doing anything.

Another tradition would be getting the pin trading pins, i have only around maybe 50 while my little brother has over 200!

and if you count going once every year then thats another tradition! lol