Moderator: Moderators

jiminycricket
Fantasyland Theater Projectionist
Fantasyland Theater Projectionist

Post by jiminycricket » Jul Thu 12, 2007 9:54 pm

We have several traditions:

- Go to the Magic Kingdom on the first and last day
- Eat lunch at the Garden Grill in The Land at Epcot
- Take a picture of our children in front of Cinderella's fountain behind the castle (my parents took a picture of me there when I was 4)
- Eat lunch at the Columbia Harbour House at the Magic Kingdom (my husband loves their sandwiches)
- Get autograph books for the kids
- Do some sort of character breakfast
- Ride SSE first thing when we get to Epcot

Wow, I didn't realize we had so many until I starting writing them down :P

SeasDiver
Autopian Mechanic
Autopian Mechanic

Post by SeasDiver » Jul Wed 25, 2007 9:45 pm

Strawberry Swirls at the Magic Kingdom
Apple Pie A La Mode at Olivia's @ Old Key West (If I ever do not take my wife for Apple Pie A La Mode, she will probably divorce me)
Haunted Mansion (If I did not take my wife to HM, and I quote, "The sky would be less blue, the grass would be less green")
Regards,
Aaron
Another Day, Another Dive

nagelsn1978
Casey Junior Circus Train Conductor

Post by nagelsn1978 » Jul Fri 27, 2007 10:20 am

The first thing my wife and I do is ride Test Track. We also make sure we eat at Alfredo's, though we can't anymore.... :cry: We also try to beat our past records for riding BTMR. We are now up to like 10 times in a row. Hopefully next time we can increase that greatly!
"If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself you will succumb in every battle." -Sun Tzu

Kamikaze
Main Street Horse Car Coachman
Main Street Horse Car Coachman

Post by Kamikaze » Aug Wed 01, 2007 8:52 am

My Disney tradition: I have obtained an engraved Charm for a bracelet for my wife with the date of each trip. Started with the silver Mickey icon, for awhile they were hard to find and had to substitute, but they are back (more expensive, but back). Its been fun to see the bracelet fill up with each yearly trip.

sandicinderelli
Motor Boat Cruise Skipper

Post by sandicinderelli » Aug Wed 01, 2007 11:24 am

Although I've only been to Disneyland and WDW once, I would have to say that the traditions I'm going to institute on my next visits are:

- get a sundae or ice cream cone from Edy's Ice Cream Corner, sit down on Main Street, and watch SpectroMagic
- ride the following rides MORE than once: Pirates of the Caribbean, Splash Mountain, Space Mountain, BTMRR, Test Track, Rock N' Roller Coaster, and Expedition Everest
- see Fantasmic! (this is a must!)
- get a group picture in front of Cinderella's Castle, Mickey's Hat, SSE and the fountain, and the Tree of Life
- be at each of the parks for one rope drop
- eat at Pinoccio's Village Haus, Cosmic Ray's, Backlot Express, any country at World Showcase, and Flame Tree BBQ

...and that's just the top 6!

[url=http://ubanimator.com][img]http://img233.imageshack.us/img233/4467/userbar447001xb8.gif[/img][/url]

jrcohen
Peter Pan's Flight Pixie Duster

Post by jrcohen » Aug Fri 03, 2007 3:31 pm

Get to Magic Kingdom before it open the lands. Go to the Tomorrowland entrance, and once they open the gates my wife and I run like crazy to SM to ride it usually 2-3 times before the lines form. Then at the end of the day right after the MSEP, we run back to tomorrowland to ride SM another 3-4 times before the park closes. Whenever we go to the magic kingdom we have to start and end the day with SM.
Please keep your arms and legs inside the vehicle until the ride comes to a full and complete stop. Thank you, and enjoy the rest of your day here at Walt Disney World.

danimal3114u

Post by danimal3114u » Aug Fri 03, 2007 5:09 pm

The first and MOST IMPORTANT thing:
- Always enter through the right hand tunnel (when facing the park from Sunshine Plaza), without fail

- My wife and I always get Pineapple Juice from Tiki (if not Dole Whip / Float)
- Stop by the bench where I proposed
- I have to ride California Screamin' at least once (usually later in the day so there's no line)

If we're there with family, or haven't been in awhile
- Blue Bayou for lunch, even if we have to wait in line an hour and a half

Anytime around Easter, this is a new one
- Get one of the fudge eggs from Candy Palace. If you haven't had one yet, you MUST get one. They're just as good as See's (and probably better, if only because they're from Disneyland)

The last and MOST IMPORTANT thing:
- Leave through the right hand tunnel (left hand when facing the park from Sunshine Plaza)
Don't ask me about the tunnel thing, I just always remembered my family doing it de facto when I was little, and now I must do it this way. My parents don't even remember us doing it that way (it wasn't a concious decision), but now it's proudly ingrained in me.

Joe90
Shooting Galleries Gun Cleaner

Post by Joe90 » Aug Sat 04, 2007 6:04 am

Always take the ferry to Magic Kingdom day one.
Always take the ferry from Magic Kingdom on the last day.
Get to both Illuminations and Wishes on the same night at least once.
Buy a small, character, china ornament and a Christmas tree decoration.
Get at least one new character autograph and photograph.
Try to persuade the wife to try Tower of Terror.
"We live in a society absolutely dependent on science and technology and yet have cleverly arranged things so that almost no one understands science and technology. " Carl Sagan

fourche
King Arthur Carousel Horseman
King Arthur Carousel Horseman

Post by fourche » Aug Fri 10, 2007 5:14 am

It depends of the people i'm with...
If it's my brother, it's rock'n'roller coaster starring Aerosmith...
Else it's the haunted mansion and POTC.

HeyIt'sMe
Horseless Carriage Chauffeur

Post by HeyIt'sMe » Aug Thu 16, 2007 6:37 pm

Our arrival day is a tradition -

We check in at the Polynesian, eat lunch at Kona Cafe, relax by the volcano pool, and then do dinner at Chef Mickey's*. After that we watch the EWP from the dock at the Polynesian. Then we get to bed so we are well rested for our first park day - always Magic Kingdom!

* But, I think now that our daughter is getting older :cry: - she'll be 11 the next time we go - we may do dinner at California Grill instead.
Walt Disney World Trips:
Nov 1975
Jun 1985
Oct 1991, Oct 1993
Sep 2000, Oct 2001, Sep 2002, Oct 2003, Oct 2004, Oct 2006

Next Trip:
Oct 2008

Croaker
Snow White's Adventures Gem Miner
Snow White's Adventures Gem Miner

Post by Croaker » Aug Fri 17, 2007 10:01 am

Joe90 wrote:Always take the ferry to Magic Kingdom day one.
Always take the ferry from Magic Kingdom on the last day.
Get to both Illuminations and Wishes on the same night at least once.
Buy a small, character, china ornament and a Christmas tree decoration.
Get at least one new character autograph and photograph.
Try to persuade the wife to try Tower of Terror.
Tell your wife to take the ride...we avoided Tower of Terror in 2003 because we hate falling rides...in 2006 we decided we were going on every ride in WDW. Tower of Terror was awesome! The History Channel helped us understand the ride better too. Promise her something special if she goes on the ride...but get her on it! she will love it! in fact i don't know anyone that doesn't love it.
[img]http://www.oleole.es/main/web/images/manchester-united_banner.jpg[/img]

tseymour

Post by tseymour » Aug Fri 17, 2007 10:06 am

I always have a turkey leg at Toluca Legs Turkey Co. It wouldn't be a Disney World vacation without a turkey leg.
There's a snake in my boot!

Joe90

Post by Joe90 » Aug Sat 18, 2007 2:34 am

Croaker wrote: Tell your wife to take the ride...we avoided Tower of Terror in 2003 because we hate falling rides...in 2006 we decided we were going on every ride in WDW. Tower of Terror was awesome! The History Channel helped us understand the ride better too. Promise her something special if she goes on the ride...but get her on it! she will love it! in fact i don't know anyone that doesn't love it.
Thanks for the support Croaker. :) I'll keep trying. It took six years to get her on the Rock'n Roller coaster. :roll:
"We live in a society absolutely dependent on science and technology and yet have cleverly arranged things so that almost no one understands science and technology. " Carl Sagan

blinkereye123

Post by blinkereye123 » Sep Mon 17, 2007 7:32 pm

Hi again folks. For me the one big tradition over the years at DL has been to simply see the park, one land at a time. Start with a trip on the DLRR completly around the berm then do every land, ride, show and attraction in geographical order from left to right. Maybe do beakfast at the River Belle Terrace and have lunch/dinner at Tomorrowland Terrace depending on crowds. Also being sure to get a good seat for either MSEP and Fantasmic trying not get too squished. I use to hve other traditions like making reservations for the GHR in Frontierland and making sure to get a locker and a pin for my passport, (when they used to check for them). But sadly, all things must change and maybe new traditions can be made, (yeesh!). Anyway, until next time, peace.

sweetheart5839

Post by sweetheart5839 » Sep Sun 23, 2007 2:08 pm

Well, i really cant think of anything that we do every trip seeing as we go about 6-7 times a year. We usually go on short weekend trips so each time we try to do different parks. The only traditions I can think of right now is:
-Each summer we take a one week trip up to Disney World and stay at Fort Wilderness Campground.
-I always take pictures of the icons and things that i have probably photographed a hundred times.
-We always eat lunch at Pecos Bill's at MK.
Some new things Im trying are
-Dole Whips at least once a trip
-Coming up with a new joke to send to the Laugh Floor via text message to have them read during the show (very fun)

Come to think of it i probably have a lot of traditions but i just cant think of any at the moment.
:D