52%
Pirates of the Caribbean
48%

Total votes: 160

nancynohorse
Mike Fink Keel Boats Boatswain

Post by nancynohorse » Jul Mon 09, 2007 6:50 pm

It was so strange to hear folks say they think Haunted Mansion a scary ride. My daughter was 2 yr old when she first rode HM. It didn't scare her at all. No bad dreams or anything. She loved it!!

:ccat: :goofy_bounce: :mickey3: :wave:
[b]-nancynohorse[/b] :mickey:

Magique
Mad Tea Party Host
Mad Tea Party Host

Post by Magique » Jul Mon 09, 2007 8:09 pm

Well, for me, I had seen a Sing-Along Songs video of the Haunted Mansion before I went there. The combination of Ravenscroft's deep voice, the costumed villains, and dancing trees with eyes gave me a skewed version of the ride. Plus I have a vivid imagination. ^^;

DisBeamer
PeopleMover People Mover
PeopleMover People Mover

Post by DisBeamer » Jul Mon 09, 2007 8:59 pm

I used to be terrified of the Haunted Mansion when we first started going to the Magic Kingdom (my first trip was when I was 3). I remember the first few times my parents attempted to take me on, my mom and I ended up going out the 'chicken exit' before we even got to the ride. It was the changing portrait in the lobby/foyer/entrance area (the Dorian Grey-esque one, that turns into a skeleton) that scared me off. I still don't like to look at it that much. The first time I actually got on the ride, I remember my mom telling me to keep my eyes shut until we were sitting down. That worked and after that I loved it. :lol:

nancynohorse

Post by nancynohorse » Jul Mon 09, 2007 9:26 pm

^ and ^^, What great stories!!

I should have known my daughter wouldn't be scared when we went in the HM. She and I would go through the Jaycee's Haunted Houses. Get this: She walked in front of me because I was scared. :shock: I would scream and carry on but my daughter would just walk thru. It was actually funny, in a twisted sort of way. This little 2 year old just looking and walking through the Haunted House. While her mom is terrified.

:ariel: :ccat: :goofy_bounce: :mickey3: :wave:

Magique
Mad Tea Party Host
Mad Tea Party Host

Post by Magique » Jul Mon 09, 2007 10:06 pm

Eep. I think this is the link to the song (frankly, I don't want to click on it to find out! )
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GGf8-aW0wXE

Cheshire Cat
Mark Twain Steamboat Captain
Mark Twain Steamboat Captain

Post by Cheshire Cat » Jul Tue 10, 2007 11:13 am

WOW. I still have a Laserdic (lol) with two Halloween Chip n'Dale shorts and it has that GGG video in between the two cartoons. I watched it before I had ever seen the Disneyland Haunted Mansion I always wondered why they had never filmed it in front of the "real" Haunted Mansion (wdw's was the only one I had seen up until that point). I think those trees are scarier than anything you'd find on the ride.

DisBeamer
PeopleMover People Mover
PeopleMover People Mover

Post by DisBeamer » Jul Tue 10, 2007 11:36 am

nancynohorse wrote:^ and ^^, What great stories!!

I should have known my daughter wouldn't be scared when we went in the HM. She and I would go through the Jaycee's Haunted Houses. Get this: She walked in front of me because I was scared. :shock: I would scream and carry on but my daughter would just walk thru. It was actually funny, in a twisted sort of way. This little 2 year old just looking and walking through the Haunted House. While her mom is terrified.

:ariel: :ccat: :goofy_bounce: :mickey3: :wave:
That's such a cute story. I bet she was very proud to be lookin' out for mom. 8)

Magique - that's terrifying. I don't blame you for not liking it. :shock:

Magique
Mad Tea Party Host
Mad Tea Party Host

Post by Magique » Jul Tue 10, 2007 11:51 am

DisBeamer wrote: Magique - that's terrifying. I don't blame you for not liking it. :shock:
Good. So I'm not the only one freaked out by it. We actually gave the video away to my cousins when they were two and they had a similar reaction to the movie. (I will always remember running away from the TV during "Makin' Memories" since right after was "Grim Grinning Ghosts" and then a parade song made me come back to the tv.)

csquare77
Shooting Galleries Gun Cleaner
Shooting Galleries Gun Cleaner

Post by csquare77 » Jul Tue 10, 2007 1:10 pm

I like the Haunted Mansion, Something about being in the dark, and ghosts, it reminds us about how we were all afraid at one point "usually when we were little" of "ghosts".

Halvogirl
Dumbo Flying Elephants Tamer
Dumbo Flying Elephants Tamer

Post by Halvogirl » Jul Tue 10, 2007 6:28 pm

Haunted Mansion. Nothing beats taking something scary and making it fun! Plus it has a stretching room. :mickey:
Yes, this is my happy place! Well, when not in my happy place.

It's official, The family is visiting Disneyland in October!

http://www.halvomassage.com
http://www.facebook.com/halvomassage

jiminycricket
Fantasyland Theater Projectionist
Fantasyland Theater Projectionist

Post by jiminycricket » Jul Thu 12, 2007 10:00 pm

I would have to say Pirates is my favorite. There is just something about the whole atmosphere!

jozel27
Alice in Wonderland Wonderer
Alice in Wonderland Wonderer

Post by jozel27 » Jul Fri 13, 2007 10:41 am

That is a tough questions, my daughter wouldn't go on the Haunted Mansion the first time we took her to Disney World, but the second time we went down, I pretty much dragged her on it hoping that it wouldn't be to scary for her and she absolutely loved it, so for her it is Haunted Mansion and for me Pirates, I am a sucker for bad boys.

Joel

nancynohorse

Post by nancynohorse » Jul Fri 13, 2007 2:50 pm

......"and for me Pirates, I am a sucker for bad boys. " Hmmm! Guess that explains it all for me. LOL Bad boys, bad boys...

I really like them both.

:ariel: :ccat: :goofy_bounce: :mickey3: :wave: :wave:

ghostelias
Motor Boat Cruise Skipper
Motor Boat Cruise Skipper

Post by ghostelias » Feb Mon 18, 2008 5:02 pm

Pirates is good don't get me wrong. But Haunted Mansion rules all.

yodiwan1
Storybookland Canal Boats Mate
Storybookland Canal Boats Mate

Post by yodiwan1 » Feb Mon 18, 2008 9:34 pm

i will make up my decision once i go on the new HM.
"hold on to them hats and glasses, cause this here's the wildest ride in the wilderness!!"