What makes the best souvenirs?

In relation to Disney Parks but not specific to a single resort

Moderator: Moderators

js3901
Matterhorn Bobsleds Climber

Post by js3901 » Nov Sat 04, 2006 12:59 pm

I don't consider the music to be a souvenir, really. though it could be argued as the CDs are sold as souvenirs, I, myself, don't think the music as low as a simple souvenir.
"And please do not sit on the floor. My studies show you can't experience time travel on the floor. and it's not a pretty picture in those shorts" - The Timekeeper

Site Admin, WDW Freak

Agosaol Brythwich
Sleeping Beauty Castle Guard

Post by Agosaol Brythwich » Nov Sat 04, 2006 1:10 pm

Although I can certainly see your point, js, I wouldn't consider the position of souvenir as being low. Out of anything in the park, what would you consider bringing back to your home as a reminder of your visit? If anything, I would believe that it only reinforces how we feel about the music at the parks. I know it seems like a cop-out answer (after all, if we weren't fans of the sounds of Disney, why would we be here?), but that doesn't make it any less true.

js3901

Post by js3901 » Nov Sat 04, 2006 4:03 pm

to me, personally, something as simple as a gift bag bearing the symbols of the parks. or the park maps. or the printed napkins or receipts from purchases. I like things that don't cost much, if anything, and they remind me of the times I was there. The music, while it does bring back memories, is alot more important than a souvenir, as, I feel, the music lives in my heart, not just my head with the other memories. as I said, the music is more important in that respect. that's why I donate my time and services to the site in any way I can...
"And please do not sit on the floor. My studies show you can't experience time travel on the floor. and it's not a pretty picture in those shorts" - The Timekeeper

Site Admin, WDW Freak

Agosaol Brythwich

Post by Agosaol Brythwich » Nov Sun 05, 2006 12:38 am

Well, I think it's all just a matter of semantics. By your standards, I might as well say the maps from different years. Still have one from EPCOT around the time Horizons opened... somewhere around the labyrinth of boxes known as our attic. It's weird how your brain can work sometimes; every now and then, when I'm there, I associate the designated numbers from a 20+ year old guide with the rides themselves... 1 being Spaceship Earth, 2 Communicore, 3 UoE, and so forth... anyone on the forum know how synapses work?

And if I haven't said it earlier, js, thanks...

packwingfn
Skyway Loader
Skyway Loader

Post by packwingfn » Nov Thu 09, 2006 2:12 pm

Even though I'm a 21 year old male, I still love collecting stuffed animals.

I love anything figment-related too.

Anything from World Showcase is something I love to collect too.
I know this is probably your first flight...and it's mine too...ha, ha

Rain upon that planet Earth. And they rain ... and rain ... and rain. The deluge.

jeremyleo
Motor Boat Cruise Skipper
Motor Boat Cruise Skipper

Post by jeremyleo » Nov Thu 09, 2006 3:21 pm

I love the refillable mugs - they are great for camping. They keep the coffee hot (or the beer cold) and are also a great conversation piece around the campfire.

My daughter (9) bought a Mickey ring (with her own Disney Dollars) last year and has completely worn the finish off of it. We've had to glue the "dianonds" back in a few times as well, but she still loves it.

I like picking up a different photo frame each visit (3 trips so far) to put on my desk with pictures from the trip. Keeps me going until the next Disney vacation.

Jacca5660
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Jacca5660 » Nov Fri 17, 2006 1:58 pm

T shirts from the Disney store at the outlet mall on iternational drive!!!!! You can get T shirts for more then half off and it's all top line stuff!!!!!!!
"Our dreams can come true - if we have the courage to pursue them" WED

"There's a fine prow on that steamer, let's climb aboard her!" Fireside

"You're off the map mateys..Here there be SeaMonsters!!"

The original "LICENSE MAYHEM MARAUDER!!ImageImage

meticulus9
Mike Fink Keel Boats Boatswain
Mike Fink Keel Boats Boatswain

Post by meticulus9 » Jan Thu 04, 2007 10:09 pm

my best souveniers are usually a tee-shirt, but i love saving the maps and times schedules.....

soccermouse
Dumbo Flying Elephants Tamer

Stuffed Mickeys

Post by soccermouse » Jan Tue 09, 2007 5:43 pm

As I have posted elsewhere, we have bought my son a different stuffed mickey each time he has gone. They are the ones that are about 9 inches tall. At first, we picked them out for him; now he picks out his own. They are great because many of them remind us of specific trips. For example, the one from 2000 says 45th Anniversary; the one from 2001 is wearing a Tower of Terror bellhop uniform because the THT openned that year; last year a 50th anniversary one; a Captain Jack one this year; etc.

Captain Schnemo
Columbia Sailing Ship Admiral

Re: Stuffed Mickeys

Post by Captain Schnemo » Jan Fri 12, 2007 9:49 pm

From the thread on the same topic that got locked:
GhostHost wrote:I believe I got the Tomorrowland poster at Mickey's Star Traders and the Monorail poster at the Art of Disney store in Downtown Disney. They have all of these posters including the Haunted Mansion and 20k Leagues.
How long ago was this? I've been wanting a 20K poster for years, but even the illegal knockoffs online don't seem to be available any more.

I called the Downtown Disney store about 3 years ago and they didn't have the monorail poster (we're talking about the one with the Contemporary on it, right?), 20K or any other closed attraction.

They did have the Mansion, Pirates, it's a small world, and a few others.

I'd swim from the Polynesian to Fort Wilderness for one of these:

Actually, I might like to do that anyway.

subsonic
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by subsonic » Jan Mon 15, 2007 12:11 pm

Schnemo:
http://www.mouseshoppe.com/directory.cfm?CategoryID=371

I don't know if I've seen it in the Disney Store though.
Join our chat in Discord: https://discord.gg/zw5by3z

Captain Schnemo

Post by Captain Schnemo » Jan Tue 16, 2007 4:33 am

Thanks for the link. I look at that site every few months to check for updates, since the page is entitled "Disneyland and Walt Disney World Attraction Posters", but they don't really have WDW stuff.

It wouldn't be right to put up a monorail poster with the Matterhorn in the background.

Sarah Turp
Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln Usher
Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln Usher

Post by Sarah Turp » Jan Mon 22, 2007 12:00 pm

I like souvenirs that are useful as well as being disney. My favourite souvenir is a pen I bought in Florida in 2004. It's a metal pen with a good weight to it and really nice quality. I was really upset on Friday when my bag was stolen with the pen in it. :(

As in all good disney stories though there was a happy ending. I got a call from the police this mornng to say that a bag had been handed in and although my wallet had gone the pen was still there...along with my lipstick! :D
Stitch is Back!!!

Jacca5660
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Jacca5660 » Jan Sun 28, 2007 11:03 pm

I forgot we also like to get snowglobes.The small ones that are about $10.We have several from the resorts we stayed at as well as the parks.
"Our dreams can come true - if we have the courage to pursue them" WED

"There's a fine prow on that steamer, let's climb aboard her!" Fireside

"You're off the map mateys..Here there be SeaMonsters!!"

The original "LICENSE MAYHEM MARAUDER!!ImageImage

Halvogirl

Post by Halvogirl » Jan Wed 31, 2007 10:39 pm

one strange thing we like to take home as souvenirs is a nice stack of napkins. it always cheers me up to reach for a napkin at home and it is free.
Yes, this is my happy place! Well, when not in my happy place.

It's official, The family is visiting Disneyland in October!

http://www.halvomassage.com
http://www.facebook.com/halvomassage