No Rewarding Loyalty

In relation to Disney Parks but not specific to a single resort

Moderator: Moderators

horizons1
Site Admin
Site Admin

No Rewarding Loyalty

Post by horizons1 » Nov Thu 11, 2021 5:27 pm

You know I am a Disney fan but I have to express my frustration with the decisions the company has made lately that slap loyal fans in the face. Replacing free Fastpass with paid Genie+, charging hotel guests for parking, jacking up ticket, hotel and AP prices to astronomical levels, the list goes on. The trend is not new, but the cash grabs seem to have accelerated lately. And no, we can't say it's because of COVID. That'd imply that pricing will drop next year.

I'm at the point where I will choose another vacation over a Disney vacation, with the possible exception of Tokyo DL once the restrictions lift. Certainly, Disney company-controlled parks aren't going to get better.

I watch a few Disney vloggers on YouTube. Brayden from Mickey Views sums up my feelings so well I had to share the video for anyone who might want to watch: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xHLD7eqPmTY. It begins with a review of the Genie app but about a third of the way in he begins to expand and comment on the bigger issues.
No one's gloomy or complaining while the flatware's entertaining.

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Re: No Rewarding Loyalty

Post by Amy » Nov Mon 15, 2021 7:51 am

I don't quite get it. Are there really people out there who wouldn't blink at adding say $10/per person in order to ride one attraction? Obviously that question is yes, but my goodness!
And I really am not a fan of everything being on your phone. I would say I'm tech savvy, but I've had a lot of problems the last few visits with things not working, not getting a signal, phone battery dying a lot faster, on and on. And what about some people who don't have a smart phone (I'm sure it applies to at least some of the guests)? Plus if I'm having to stare at my phone, I'm not totally immersing myself in the whole park atmosphere. :(
I tuned out a little before that halfway point, but I got the gist and he is not wrong at all.

horizons1
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by horizons1 » Nov Mon 15, 2021 9:12 am

I agree, Amy, tethering myself to my phone is not the "disconnect from reality" I look for.

subsonic
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by subsonic » Nov Fri 19, 2021 7:21 pm

I do feel that things are becoming "Pay to Play" at Disney parks. It's getting rather annoying. I have the Imagine Key Pass and basically I still can never go because all reservations are full. :( I'd have to pay top dollar to get in
Join our chat in Discord: https://discord.gg/zw5by3z

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Nov Sat 20, 2021 10:54 am

I wasn't familiar with the Magic Key passes. The lowest level key isn't exactly cheap, and it looks like it is very limited on when you can go. It's so sad :(

subsonic
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by subsonic » Nov Sat 20, 2021 4:37 pm

They have monthly, so it's $15 a month.
Join our chat in Discord: https://discord.gg/zw5by3z

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Nov Sun 21, 2021 8:49 am

that's better but not if you can't use it very often. And I'm guessing you still pay for parking?

horizons1
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by horizons1 » Nov Mon 22, 2021 10:09 am

Right, the lower priced Keys don't include parking. The best way to guarantee access is to stay at a Disney hotel. Crazy.