What ride(s) have you ridden the most?

In relation to Disney Parks but not specific to a single resort

Moderator: Moderators

metark
Omnibus Driver
Omnibus Driver

Re: What ride(s) have you ridden the most?

Post by metark » Feb Sat 26, 2011 4:13 pm

I wonder if this thread could be expanded to include shows and parades. Have you seen a particular show or parade more than 10 times? For me, I have seen DL Fantasmic 12 times (not bad when you live out of state) and the Christmas parade 6 times. I'm sure some of you put these numbers to shame though...

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Feb Sat 26, 2011 4:14 pm

metark wrote:I wonder if this thread could be expanded to include shows and parades. Have you seen a particular show or parade more than 10 times? For me, I have seen DL Fantasmic 12 times (not bad when you live out of state) and the Christmas parade 6 times. I'm sure some of you put these numbers to shame though...
Those are pretty impressive numbers for not living by a park! Especially when you consider that Fantasmic isn't shown every night.

metark
Omnibus Driver
Omnibus Driver

Post by metark » Feb Sun 27, 2011 12:03 am

Amy wrote:
metark wrote:I wonder if this thread could be expanded to include shows and parades. Have you seen a particular show or parade more than 10 times? For me, I have seen DL Fantasmic 12 times (not bad when you live out of state) and the Christmas parade 6 times. I'm sure some of you put these numbers to shame though...
Those are pretty impressive numbers for not living by a park! Especially when you consider that Fantasmic isn't shown every night.
Thanks. I just love the show. I think Fantasmic is the quintessential event at Disneyland. It has everything. Great music, lots of characters, elements from the movies, special effects, fireworks and spectacle. Good guys, bad guys and a happy ending. What more could you ask for?

As far as seeing it a lot, we normally go to DL during the times when the show is playing more than just the weekend. We will see it at least once during each trip as a family and sometimes it works our to get one of the kids to watch it again with me another night. It really is my favorite way to end a day at the parks.

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Feb Sun 27, 2011 7:49 am

metark wrote:
Amy wrote:
Thanks. I just love the show. I think Fantasmic is the quintessential event at Disneyland. It has everything. Great music, lots of characters, elements from the movies, special effects, fireworks and spectacle. Good guys, bad guys and a happy ending. What more could you ask for?
As far as seeing it a lot, we normally go to DL during the times when the show is playing more than just the weekend. We will see it at least once during each trip as a family and sometimes it works our to get one of the kids to watch it again with me another night. It really is my favorite way to end a day at the parks.
Have you seen Fantasmic at WDW as well? I'm curious if you prefer one over the other if you have seen both of them...

mindflipper
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by mindflipper » Feb Sun 27, 2011 10:43 am

I've seen DLR's Fantasmic twice, and that was enough for me to tell it's better than WDW DHS Fantasmic.

MansionButler
Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln Usher

Post by MansionButler » Feb Mon 28, 2011 6:03 pm

metark wrote:I wonder if this thread could be expanded to include shows and parades. Have you seen a particular show or parade more than 10 times?
Hahaha, 10 times. ;)

Fantasmic and the DL shows are the only ones I've probably seen fewer than 30 times. Regularly working Spectro and Wishes! inflates your totals. :lol:

Wishes is easily the one I've seen the most, though. Probably by a lot. I'm sure I've seen Wishes! well over 100 at this point.

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Feb Mon 28, 2011 6:13 pm

MansionButler wrote:
metark wrote:I wonder if this thread could be expanded to include shows and parades. Have you seen a particular show or parade more than 10 times?
Hahaha, 10 times. ;)
Fantasmic and the DL shows are the only ones I've probably seen fewer than 30 times. Regularly working Spectro and Wishes! inflates your totals. :lol:
Wishes is easily the one I've seen the most, though. Probably by a lot. I'm sure I've seen Wishes! well over 100 at this point.
I would have loved to work Spectro ~ I loved the lights and the music!

sunshinecakes
Horseless Carriage Chauffeur
Horseless Carriage Chauffeur

Post by sunshinecakes » Feb Mon 28, 2011 6:24 pm

I've been on Space Mountain (Disneyland) so many times with my family--so much that it has sort of ceased to be my favorite although I do love it. I also have all of the Haunted Mansion committed to memory.

MansionButler

Post by MansionButler » Mar Tue 01, 2011 6:55 pm

Amy wrote:
MansionButler wrote:
Hahaha, 10 times. ;)
I would have loved to work Spectro ~ I loved the lights and the music!
Working the night parades absolutely never gets old. You talk to and play with guests for a couple hours, watch a parade, and then go back to your regularly scheduled program or home. It's perfect.

TTA Traveler
Motor Boat Cruise Skipper
Motor Boat Cruise Skipper

Post by TTA Traveler » Mar Tue 22, 2011 8:06 am

I think the obvious choices that come to mind are Pirates of the Caribbean & the Haunted Mansion. But, other than that I'd say the Tomorrowland Transit Authority. I love that attraction so much. It's interesting, fun, scenic, relaxing. Well, I guess you can say that about most rides at Magic Kingdom! :wink:
.. now arriving at Space Mountain, Tomorrowland's gateway to the galaxy..

metark
Omnibus Driver
Omnibus Driver

Post by metark » Mar Tue 22, 2011 11:07 am

I was at DL with my family last Thursday and saw Fantasmic for the 13th time. Great show as always. Look forward to seeing it again sometime over the summer.

To answer the earlier question, I have never seen it at WDW in person. I have watched a video of it online. It looked good but I'm still a fan of the DL version.

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Mar Tue 22, 2011 11:20 am

metark wrote:
I was at DL with my family last Thursday and saw Fantasmic for the 13th time. Great show as always. Look forward to seeing it again sometime over the summer.
To answer the earlier question, I have never seen it at WDW in person. I have watched a video of it online. It looked good but I'm still a fan of the DL version.
One of the perks of WDW's version is actually being able to sit to watch the show ;)

mindflipper
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by mindflipper » Mar Tue 22, 2011 12:03 pm

I sat on the ground for DLR Fantasmic my first time, and in a chair the second time. Way back when I saw it the first time, they actually required certain areas up front to be seated rather than standing for safety purposes. I wonder if they still do that?

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Mar Tue 22, 2011 12:58 pm

mindflipper wrote:I sat on the ground for DLR Fantasmic my first time, and in a chair the second time. Way back when I saw it the first time, they actually required certain areas up front to be seated rather than standing for safety purposes. I wonder if they still do that?
When we were last at Disneyland, they did have restricted areas near the front where you had to be on your bottom. Otherwise you had to stand behind the cordoned off "seating" area. The problem was the strollers were generally taller than the people that were sitting down :( so I ended up having to slide back out of the seating area to where my Mom was standing behind the rope because I couldn't see over the strollers!

metark
Omnibus Driver
Omnibus Driver

Post by metark » Mar Tue 22, 2011 2:46 pm

Amy wrote:
mindflipper wrote:I sat on the ground for DLR Fantasmic my first time, and in a chair the second time. Way back when I saw it the first time, they actually required certain areas up front to be seated rather than standing for safety purposes. I wonder if they still do that?
When we were last at Disneyland, they did have restricted areas near the front where you had to be on your bottom. Otherwise you had to stand behind the cordoned off "seating" area. The problem was the strollers were generally taller than the people that were sitting down :( so I ended up having to slide back out of the seating area to where my Mom was standing behind the rope because I couldn't see over the strollers!
We have always been in the sections up front where you have to sit. I'm sorry the stollers were an issue for you. Whenever we have gone, I have seen the cast members being very proactive in warning people that they must fold their strollers up about 30 minutes prior to the start of the show unless they are all the way in the back in the section up against the rope. Once it gets to that time, they have insisted people put the stroller down, even if the people have to remove a sleeping child.

One of the tricks for good sightlines for the kids has been to get into the middle of the section behind someone with a stroller. Once it's folded down, no one sits on it so there is usually several feet of open space without someones head in the way. I guess this would work for anyone who has trouble seeing around tall people.