Nap-worthy attractions

In relation to Disney Parks but not specific to a single resort

Moderator: Moderators

Wizzard419
Pirates of the Caribbean Buccaneer

Re: Nap-worthy attractions

Post by Wizzard419 » Sep Sat 25, 2010 12:01 am

It's named that becuase everyone loves Chi McBride. He is so beloved that they named the town after him before he even existed. :D

horizons1
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by horizons1 » Oct Sat 16, 2010 10:52 am

I didn't see this one posted: The Circle of Life movie is great for naps.
No one's gloomy or complaining while the flatware's entertaining.

NaCler
Country Bear Jamboree Greeter
Country Bear Jamboree Greeter

Post by NaCler » Oct Mon 25, 2010 7:24 pm

Horizons1 - That is true... I don't understand how that movie is still running. I can't imagine they draw too many people.

Wizzard419

Post by Wizzard419 » Oct Mon 25, 2010 7:55 pm

Probably the same reason they still have universe of energy, no sponsor wants to pony up the cash and there is no internal inclination to make a new movie since it's not a huge draw to begin with.

mindflipper
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by mindflipper » Oct Tue 26, 2010 11:55 am

The Circle of Life is definitely a nap-movie! It amazes they keep it up and running. Why not just close it down so they can deploy the cast members elsewhere (like they did with the Wonders of Life)?

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Oct Tue 26, 2010 12:15 pm

mindflipper wrote:The Circle of Life is definitely a nap-movie! It amazes they keep it up and running. Why not just close it down so they can deploy the cast members elsewhere (like they did with the Wonders of Life)?
It has been a long time since I have seen this movie but I seem to remember it as pretty boring...I could nap there!

Mousekedude
Haunted Mansion Butler
Haunted Mansion Butler
Location: At Serenity Bay, on Castaway Cay again... I wish... :(

Post by Mousekedude » Nov Mon 01, 2010 8:06 am

Yeah, I never thought of that one! We saw it once, and never again. Huge disappointment... couple of cartoon characters and tons of old stock film footage from the 60's and 70's. Yuck! Even the message, while well intentioned, comes off as too smarmy. They could have done better, and I don't understand why it's even still there. On a nap-worthiness scale of one to ten, I give Circle of Life an eleven. :?

inkydog
Casey Junior Circus Train Conductor

Post by inkydog » Nov Wed 03, 2010 7:32 am

I would never have dreamed of napping on anything the first few times I went to WDW, especially when my children were little. Now, having been on the attractions so many times, I can actually think of several that are nap worthy for me. I wouldn't say that I nap on them every time, but I've napped on each of them at least once: The River of Time in Mexico is first on my list. Ellen's Energy Adventure is second - it would be first if I didn't have to stand for the pre-show! If I just need a quick break, the Peoplemover is great choice. I especially like when the rides are slow enough that you can stay on multiple times.

davea61

Post by davea61 » Nov Tue 23, 2010 7:51 am

I'd have to say the Hall of Presidents. I'll usually doze off during the movie and wake up when they start the count down

mindflipper
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by mindflipper » Nov Tue 23, 2010 9:06 am

davea61 wrote:I'd have to say the Hall of Presidents. I'll usually doze off during the movie and wake up when they start the count down
I dunno, but I could easily nap through that long list of presidents...one by one...(snoring).... :wink:

momeja
Rocket Jets Flight Director
Rocket Jets Flight Director

Post by momeja » Nov Sun 28, 2010 9:34 pm

When he was one, my son happily napped through both CBJ and the American Adventure. Although I disagreed with him about AA, CBJ is a true snoozer, jmho. (and I'm ducking now, knowing that there are some CBJ fans on this board....)

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Nov Mon 29, 2010 6:10 am

momeja wrote:When he was one, my son happily napped through both CBJ and the American Adventure. Although I disagreed with him about AA, CBJ is a true snoozer, jmho. (and I'm ducking now, knowing that there are some CBJ fans on this board....)
Country Bear Jamboree is so loud! :shock: I don't know how anyone could fall asleep in there!!

elizabethswann

Post by elizabethswann » Nov Mon 29, 2010 1:00 pm

Amy wrote:
momeja wrote:When he was one, my son happily napped through both CBJ and the American Adventure. Although I disagreed with him about AA, CBJ is a true snoozer, jmho. (and I'm ducking now, knowing that there are some CBJ fans on this board....)
Country Bear Jamboree is so loud! :shock: I don't know how anyone could fall asleep in there!!
Unless some people were smart in bringing headphones or earplugs. :wink:

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Nov Mon 29, 2010 1:18 pm

elizabethswann wrote:
Amy wrote:
Oooooooh. I would still think it would be awfully loud :shock:

Mousekedude
Haunted Mansion Butler
Haunted Mansion Butler
Location: At Serenity Bay, on Castaway Cay again... I wish... :(

Post by Mousekedude » Nov Mon 29, 2010 3:57 pm

elizabethswann wrote:
Amy wrote:
Or unless they're Mayhem Marauders just arriving for late night mayhem with EMH after the rum-spiked Dole Whips at the Poly.... we'll have to check that out Saturday, gang! See who can sleep through CBJ after the Dole Whip meet-up and Wishes!