Dude belts out "Let it Go" and NAILS IT!

Movies, TV, music, and more. Here's the place to talk about anything Disney outside of the parks.

Moderator: Moderators

ZenMondo
Fantasyland Theater Projectionist
Fantasyland Theater Projectionist

Dude belts out "Let it Go" and NAILS IT!

Post by ZenMondo » Feb Mon 10, 2014 4:39 am

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kohD5z5mE0E

If Freddy Mercury taught us anything, singing like a QUEEN is one of the most epic use of vocal talent. You nailed, this good sir. With all the passion and energy this song deserves. 

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Re: Dude belts out "Let it Go" and NAILS IT!

Post by Amy » Feb Mon 10, 2014 8:50 am

ZenMondo wrote:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kohD5z5mE0E

If Freddy Mercury taught us anything, singing like a QUEEN is one of the most epic use of vocal talent. You nailed, this good sir. With all the passion and energy this song deserves. 
Wow ~ he did a great job! I can see him portraying the Beast too :D

snomasnayr
Motor Boat Cruise Skipper
Motor Boat Cruise Skipper

Post by snomasnayr » Feb Thu 13, 2014 10:54 pm

That was an amazing cover. Most of the time the people who do covers can't get a pitch right or hit the notes, but he did really well.

MmeLeota
Pack Mules Wrangler
Pack Mules Wrangler

Post by MmeLeota » Feb Sun 16, 2014 7:19 pm

Amy wrote:

Holy crap on a stick!!!! What a voice/range!!!
Amy, I agree...I think he would be a great Beast!

ImagineerWannabe
Mad Tea Party Host
Mad Tea Party Host

Post by ImagineerWannabe » Feb Sun 16, 2014 10:08 pm

MmeLeota wrote:
Amy wrote:

Holy crap on a stick!!!! What a voice/range!!!
Amy, I agree...I think he would be a great Beast!
I'd never considered "Let It Go" as a guy song but it works! He does have a good voice, but I'm picky when it comes to the Beast. :) Terrence Mann (who I never saw in person as the Beast, but heard sing "Stars" from Les Mis in a symphony concert, was stunning. He's on the cast recording) or Chuck Wagner (who was the Beast in the first production I saw) are the only Beast's for me. The latest touring production that went through several years ago wasn't anywhere near as good.

Arvorenn
Autopian Mechanic
Autopian Mechanic

Post by Arvorenn » Feb Mon 17, 2014 8:28 am

Writing "slightly jealous of his voice" would be an understatement :D
ImagineerWannabe wrote:
I'd never considered "Let It Go" as a guy song but it works! He does have a good voice, but I'm picky when it comes to the Beast. :) Terrence Mann (who I never saw in person as the Beast, but heard sing "Stars" from Les Mis in a symphony concert, was stunning. He's on the cast recording) or Chuck Wagner (who was the Beast in the first production I saw) are the only Beast's for me. The latest touring production that went through several years ago wasn't anywhere near as good.
I guess it's hard for anyone to take over someone else's singing role if the audience has gotten used to the original, however good the singer might be. The "I'll Make a Man Out of You" cover by that guy is equally good, but I still find it lacking because of the slightly different pitch (and pronunciation/accentuation) Donny Osmond used in the film...

MmeLeota
Pack Mules Wrangler
Pack Mules Wrangler

Post by MmeLeota » Feb Mon 17, 2014 10:57 am

I know what you mean, ImagineerWannabe. I get that way about certain roles too. It's hard to connect with a voice that you've become so accustomed to hearing (hello, Kristin Chenoweth & Idina Menzel in 'Wicked' and Colm Wilkinson in 'Les Mis', for example). But I try. I still think that with a little training, this guy could really stand up to the challenge of Beast...IMHO.

Goofyfan
Snow White's Adventures Gem Miner
Snow White's Adventures Gem Miner

Post by Goofyfan » Feb Mon 17, 2014 7:37 pm

He did a nice job. Enjoyed it very much :) :goofy:

ImagineerWannabe
Mad Tea Party Host
Mad Tea Party Host

Post by ImagineerWannabe » Feb Tue 18, 2014 6:48 pm

MmeLeota wrote:I know what you mean, ImagineerWannabe. I get that way about certain roles too. It's hard to connect with a voice that you've become so accustomed to hearing (hello, Kristin Chenoweth & Idina Menzel in 'Wicked' and Colm Wilkinson in 'Les Mis', for example). But I try. I still think that with a little training, this guy could really stand up to the challenge of Beast...IMHO.
Very true. The "classic" singers (ie: the ones that get associated with a role) are what I inevitably end up comparing everyone else too. I've heard some great versions of "Defying Gravity" though, and Donny Osmond will forever be Joseph in my head :) Interestingly enough, I don't really have a favourite Phantom. I'd be interested in hearing this guys cover of "If I Can't Love Her", with a touch more richness it could work for me :)

MmeLeota
Pack Mules Wrangler
Pack Mules Wrangler

Post by MmeLeota » Feb Wed 19, 2014 6:54 pm

I tried to play this video on my phone to show Cbog40, and apparently Disney blocked mobile users from viewing it. Alas, if you look in the description, there is a link to a blog that has the video embedded and you can view it there. You can also view in from a computer. Just not on a mobile device, nor in some Asian countries. :?

We also watched his "I'll Make a Man out of You" video...love this guy's facial expressions!

ImagineerWannabe
Mad Tea Party Host
Mad Tea Party Host

Post by ImagineerWannabe » Mar Mon 03, 2014 7:50 am

I didn't watch the Oscars but was super happy this morning to see that Frozen and Let it Go won! Go Disney!

ImagineerWannabe
Mad Tea Party Host
Mad Tea Party Host

Post by ImagineerWannabe » Mar Fri 07, 2014 9:01 pm

Skipping over the guy asking a girl to prom, the centre of this video is a not just 1 but 10 dudes singing "Let it Go", and I think they nail it too. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_tM5JWv0YYA

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Mar Fri 07, 2014 9:45 pm

ImagineerWannabe wrote:Skipping over the guy asking a girl to prom, the centre of this video is a not just 1 but 10 dudes singing "Let it Go", and I think they nail it too. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_tM5JWv0YYA
Wow ~ yeah, they did a great job! I love hearing talented acapella groups :D

ImagineerWannabe
Mad Tea Party Host
Mad Tea Party Host

Post by ImagineerWannabe » Mar Fri 07, 2014 10:09 pm

Agreed, acapella is great and Straight No Chaser is my favourite. I think they have some other Disney medleys as well. My personal favourite will always be their version of the 12 Days of Christmas though...out of season, but priceless.

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Mar Fri 07, 2014 10:32 pm

ImagineerWannabe wrote:Agreed, acapella is great and Straight No Chaser is my favourite. I think they have some other Disney medleys as well. My personal favourite will always be their version of the 12 Days of Christmas though...out of season, but priceless.
I'll have to check out some of their other Disney songs. I loved Rockapella from Where in the World is Carmen San Diego, and then found their regular songs. Got to see them a few years back in concert ~ still sounding good all these years later!