Does anyone read Kingdom Keepers?

Movies, TV, music, and more. Here's the place to talk about anything Disney outside of the parks.

Moderator: Moderators

Blackie Pueblo
Shooting Galleries Gun Cleaner
Shooting Galleries Gun Cleaner

Re: Does anyone read Kingdom Keepers?

Post by Blackie Pueblo » Apr Thu 09, 2015 5:09 pm

Okay everyone sell me on them. I have nearly the entire series and have only read the first and second one and I was bored by the 2nd one. Perhaps I was too distracted. Should I really reread the first and second and continue on? Are they really that good.

Thumper1
Mike Fink Keel Boats Boatswain

Post by Thumper1 » Apr Thu 09, 2015 7:21 pm

ImagineerWannabe wrote:I finished The Syndrome tonight. It's a good lead in to the next series. I'm now anxiously awaiting "The Return", although I fear stories in this vein will make my head hurt trying to figure things out. You'll understand when you get there :)
I want to read the Syndrome now , i finished reading the insider a month ago now !

ImagineerWannabe
Mad Tea Party Host
Mad Tea Party Host

Post by ImagineerWannabe » Apr Thu 09, 2015 8:51 pm

The library just called, The Return is ready for me to pick up.
Blackie Pueblo wrote:Okay everyone sell me on them. I have nearly the entire series and have only read the first and second one and I was bored by the 2nd one. Perhaps I was too distracted. Should I really reread the first and second and continue on? Are they really that good.
It sort of depends what you like. I didn't have any expectations going in and enjoyed them well enough. I think I liked the ones that took place in the parks I was most familiar with the most. Some were more exciting than others for sure, and the teenage angst can get to you after a while. The last few books pick up. You probably don't need to reread books 1 and 2 to understand the story as it continues. I did think the bridge book, The Syndrome, was really quite good.

ImagineerWannabe
Mad Tea Party Host
Mad Tea Party Host

Post by ImagineerWannabe » Apr Thu 16, 2015 7:22 pm

I'm 3/4 of the way through Disney Lands. It's good! However, I'm starting to worry it's not going to wrap up very cleanly. Hope Pearson's got another book waiting in the wings if it ends on a cliffhanger.

Thumper1

Post by Thumper1 » Apr Fri 24, 2015 3:10 pm

I just picked up The Syndrome and The return last weekend, not going to start them just yet. I have to savor having them a while before I can read them! lol! I just want to make it last a little longer than it will when I start reading them!!! :D

Thumper1

Post by Thumper1 » Apr Fri 24, 2015 3:11 pm

ImagineerWannabe wrote:I'm 3/4 of the way through Disney Lands. It's good! However, I'm starting to worry it's not going to wrap up very cleanly. Hope Pearson's got another book waiting in the wings if it ends on a cliffhanger.
What is Disney Lands about?

ImagineerWannabe
Mad Tea Party Host
Mad Tea Party Host

Post by ImagineerWannabe » Apr Fri 24, 2015 5:42 pm

Disney Lands is pretty much The Syndrome but from the Kingdom Keepers viewpoint rather than Jess and Amanda's. It does end on a bit of a cliffhanger, but how they got to that point was really good. I really like how Pearson handled the twist on a different type of crossing over. I don't want to say too much and give it away since you haven't read The Syndrome yet :)

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Apr Fri 24, 2015 7:07 pm

brerrabbit1 wrote:I just picked up The Syndrome and The return last weekend, not going to start them just yet. I have to savor having them a while before I can read them! lol! I just want to make it last a little longer than it will when I start reading them!!! :D
I thought I was the only one who did things like that ~ it's so strange, I'll have to have something, but then want to make it last as long as I can, so I'll wait to read/eat/use whatever I bought!
ImagineerWannabe wrote:Disney Lands is pretty much The Syndrome but from the Kingdom Keepers viewpoint rather than Jess and Amanda's. It does end on a bit of a cliffhanger, but how they got to that point was really good. I really like how Pearson handled the twist on a different type of crossing over. I don't want to say too much and give it away since you haven't read The Syndrome yet :)
Interesting ~ I might have to get to the library and find out if those are available thru inter-library loan :D

Thumper1

Post by Thumper1 » Jun Fri 26, 2015 5:21 pm

Finished the Syndrome and I will wait to read the next one! I want to read it when I need a Disney fix! Lol! I enjoyed the fairlies points of view in the Syndrome, made for an interesting read!

ImagineerWannabe
Mad Tea Party Host
Mad Tea Party Host

Post by ImagineerWannabe » May Sat 07, 2016 2:19 pm

The latest in "The Return" series is out, "Legacy of Secrets". It was a good read. Although I feel like a few more chapters and it could have wrapped the entire plot up. Instead another twist at the end that sets up the next book. I wonder how many will be in this series.