Does anyone read Kingdom Keepers?

Movies, TV, music, and more. Here's the place to talk about anything Disney outside of the parks.

Moderator: Moderators

captianbubble
Main Street Cinema Projectionist

Re: Does anyone read Kingdom Keepers?

Post by captianbubble » Mar Mon 10, 2014 11:20 am

DonkeyBoy wrote:LOVE these books!! Even though I am an adult, they are great for Disney fans. My son and I read them at the same time, and now my daughter has read them too. We can imagine ourselves in the parks, when we aren't able to actually get there.
Wouldn't agree more!
Disney World Here I Come!

jlpeaches255
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider

Post by jlpeaches255 » Mar Tue 11, 2014 8:34 am

There is something a little too familiar about the dragon in the new parade!! My son saw the pictures and said "Mom, it's real!!"

ImagineerWannabe
Mad Tea Party Host
Mad Tea Party Host

Post by ImagineerWannabe » Apr Sat 12, 2014 9:50 pm

Just picked up the audio version of the final book at the library. For once I'm looking forward to the Monday morning commute when I get to start it :)

ImagineerWannabe
Mad Tea Party Host
Mad Tea Party Host

Post by ImagineerWannabe » Apr Sat 26, 2014 3:59 pm

AHH!!!!! Seriously? I thought this was suppose to be the final book that wrapped everything up? Grrr, leaving things open for a sequel just in case. Can you tell I just finished the book? ;) I will refrain from spoilers, and all in all, it was pretty good. Lots of excitement, a few things I didn't see coming and one that I caught on to just before it was revealed (love it when that happens). Guess I'm not as smart as Philby though because what he apparently knows at the end but doesn't explain is what's bothersome. I can ignore the epilogue but that last piece of the Wayne puzzle would have made a much more satisfactory conclusion.

Would love to hear what others think!

captianbubble

Post by captianbubble » Apr Wed 30, 2014 8:34 am

ImagineerWannabe wrote:AHH!!!!! Seriously? I thought this was suppose to be the final book that wrapped everything up? Grrr, leaving things open for a sequel just in case. Can you tell I just finished the book? ;) I will refrain from spoilers, and all in all, it was pretty good. Lots of excitement, a few things I didn't see coming and one that I caught on to just before it was revealed (love it when that happens). Guess I'm not as smart as Philby though because what he apparently knows at the end but doesn't explain is what's bothersome. I can ignore the epilogue but that last piece of the Wayne puzzle would have made a much more satisfactory conclusion.

Would love to hear what others think!
I love the final book too! I was apart of the Kingdom Keepers Insider, and I want to read the rest of the missing parts!
I am reading the final book again!

ImagineerWannabe
Mad Tea Party Host
Mad Tea Party Host

Post by ImagineerWannabe » Apr Wed 30, 2014 5:22 pm

captianbubble wrote:
I love the final book too! I was apart of the Kingdom Keepers Insider, and I want to read the rest of the missing parts!
What's the Insider? Do you mean there is more that was written that didn't make the book?

captianbubble

Post by captianbubble » May Thu 01, 2014 8:22 am

ImagineerWannabe wrote:
captianbubble wrote:
What's the Insider? Do you mean there is more that was written that didn't make the book?
No. This final book was writen by some of the Kingdom Keepers fans.
I love the writers who became apart helpers with the author.
So, basically the fans helped out finishing the series (hence the name of the final book, "The Insider"7

ImagineerWannabe
Mad Tea Party Host
Mad Tea Party Host

Post by ImagineerWannabe » May Thu 01, 2014 4:23 pm

Ah, yes that would explain the title. So since you were an Insider, would you be willing to share what Philby knew at the end that wasn't revealed? Please, pretty please? ;)

captianbubble

Post by captianbubble » May Fri 02, 2014 7:11 am

ImagineerWannabe wrote:Ah, yes that would explain the title. So since you were an Insider, would you be willing to share what Philby knew at the end that wasn't revealed? Please, pretty please? ;)
Filby didn't know!
So we sit and wait and read more fanfics
And we may even have another insider we don't know..
Last edited by captianbubble on May Fri 02, 2014 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.

ImagineerWannabe
Mad Tea Party Host
Mad Tea Party Host

Post by ImagineerWannabe » May Fri 02, 2014 8:16 pm

Hahaha, it never occurred to me there was fan fiction on this subject. Don't think I'll go that route though. If there is another book, I'll just wait for it.

Thumper1
Mike Fink Keel Boats Boatswain

Post by Thumper1 » Feb Thu 26, 2015 4:24 pm

Reading the last Kingdom Keepers book now, bought it last year and decided to read other things and savor it a bit!! I am a bit sad knowing that this is it!!

ImagineerWannabe
Mad Tea Party Host
Mad Tea Party Host

Post by ImagineerWannabe » Feb Thu 26, 2015 5:43 pm

As it would happen it isn't! Ridley Pearson is starting a new series "The Return". Book 1 is called 'Disney Lands' and is being released the end of March. I stumbled across it in the library catalogue as on order, and quickly put it on hold.

Thumper1

Post by Thumper1 » Feb Fri 27, 2015 8:03 pm

ImagineerWannabe wrote:As it would happen it isn't! Ridley Pearson is starting a new series "The Return". Book 1 is called 'Disney Lands' and is being released the end of March. I stumbled across it in the library catalogue as on order, and quickly put it on hold.
AWESOME!!!!! I did not know that!! haven't finished the last one yet,I keep trying to scroll through these quotes in this topic so I don't accidently see anything that might give the book away! I already have a feeling I've solved who the traitor is!

ImagineerWannabe
Mad Tea Party Host
Mad Tea Party Host

Post by ImagineerWannabe » Mar Wed 04, 2015 9:28 pm

There's actually a sequel out already. Maybe to bridge the gap between how the last one ended and however the new series will start. It's called "The Syndrome" and features the fairlies more so than the keepers, but it's a good story! I've been listening to the audio book version and it kept me sane on the super long drive home in the snow last night. It's almost finished and I hope it doesn't end on a super cliff hanger.

ImagineerWannabe
Mad Tea Party Host
Mad Tea Party Host

Post by ImagineerWannabe » Mar Thu 05, 2015 5:40 pm

I finished The Syndrome tonight. It's a good lead in to the next series. I'm now anxiously awaiting "The Return", although I fear stories in this vein will make my head hurt trying to figure things out. You'll understand when you get there :)