Does anyone read Kingdom Keepers?

Movies, TV, music, and more. Here's the place to talk about anything Disney outside of the parks.

Moderator: Moderators

theBIGyowski
Tom Sawyer Island Rafts Skipper
Tom Sawyer Island Rafts Skipper

Re: Does anyone read Kingdom Keepers?

Post by theBIGyowski » Nov Wed 20, 2013 10:32 am

Amy wrote:Deal! Although any lower voices might be a stretch for me. Perhaps I can team up with BIG?! ;)
DS likes when I talk like Goofy and Donald.

1986: Offsite
1997: Offsite
2001: Coronado Springs
2008: Shades of Green / Saratoga Springs (WDW Half Marathon)
2009: Port Orleans French Quarter (WDW Half Marathon)
2010: Port Orleans Riverside (Honeymoon)
2011: Old Key West / Bay Lake Tower
2014: Kidani Village
2015: Old Key West (5th Wedding Anniversary)
2016: Old Key West (Kids' first WDW vacation in December!)

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Nov Wed 20, 2013 11:59 am

theBIGyowski wrote:
Amy wrote:Deal! Although any lower voices might be a stretch for me. Perhaps I can team up with BIG?! ;)
DS likes when I talk like Goofy and Donald.
Gwarsh, we could do a Disney character version of the Kingdom Keepers for cy1229! I think we might need to raise our price though ;) :lol:

jlpeaches255
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider

Post by jlpeaches255 » Nov Mon 25, 2013 9:58 am

Ok, I don't know if this is even believable but check it out for yourselves!!!!

On our first day in MK, as we were going through security I noticed my son had his Kingdom Keepers book in his backpack, I asked him why he would want to carry that around all day. He has the hardcover book. Oh well, I guess. :roll:
The first thing my daughter wanted to do was to get some ears so we went directly over to The Chapeau. We shopped a bit and she picked out the perfect pair. Then we brought them to the counter...
I am not sure what I noticed first about the older gentleman at that counter, his name tag or his striking Blue eyes. It was Wayne!! The description could not have fit this man any better!!
I turned to my son who was not paying any attention and then when he looked up I could see it in his face that he saw it too! I felt a little silly but I asked him If he was the "Wayne" from Kingdom Keepers and he smiled and said "Well, I guess I could be." Then I remembered that we had the book with us. I asked him if he would sign it and he said he has signed 56 books! He signed our copy and it was an amazing and special Disney moment for sure!!
:goofy_bounce: :goofy_bounce:

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Nov Mon 25, 2013 12:27 pm

jlpeaches255 wrote:Ok, I don't know if this is even believable but check it out for yourselves!!!!

On our first day in MK, as we were going through security I noticed my son had his Kingdom Keepers book in his backpack, I asked him why he would want to carry that around all day. He has the hardcover book. Oh well, I guess. :roll:
The first thing my daughter wanted to do was to get some ears so we went directly over to The Chapeau. We shopped a bit and she picked out the perfect pair. Then we brought them to the counter...
I am not sure what I noticed first about the older gentleman at that counter, his name tag or his striking Blue eyes. It was Wayne!! The description could not have fit this man any better!!
I turned to my son who was not paying any attention and then when he looked up I could see it in his face that he saw it too! I felt a little silly but I asked him If he was the "Wayne" from Kingdom Keepers and he smiled and said "Well, I guess I could be." Then I remembered that we had the book with us. I asked him if he would sign it and he said he has signed 56 books! He signed our copy and it was an amazing and special Disney moment for sure!!
:goofy_bounce: :goofy_bounce:
That is pretty cool! What a great souvenir for your son :D

ImagineerWannabe
Mad Tea Party Host
Mad Tea Party Host

Post by ImagineerWannabe » Nov Mon 25, 2013 7:13 pm

So Wayne lives! I will definitely be going to The Chapeau on my trip to check it out.

A heads up for anyone reading the series: Book 5 ends with a cliffhanger. I'd recommend having access to book 6 all lined up if you don't want to wait. Alas, it's checked out at the library so I'm in "waiting mode".

jlpeaches255
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider

Post by jlpeaches255 » Nov Mon 25, 2013 7:22 pm

ImagineerWannabe wrote:So Wayne lives! I will definitely be going to The Chapeau on my trip to check it out.

A heads up for anyone reading the series: Book 5 ends with a cliffhanger. I'd recommend having access to book 6 all lined up if you don't want to wait. Alas, it's checked out at the library so I'm in "waiting mode".
Yeah no kidding! My son went nuts at the end of book 5 and had to wait for book 6 to be available!! It was great to see him so excited for a book though.

ImagineerWannabe
Mad Tea Party Host
Mad Tea Party Host

Post by ImagineerWannabe » Feb Thu 13, 2014 8:22 am

Unfortunately there was no Wayne when I dropped into The Chapeau on my visit last week, but I only checked once, so maybe I missed him. It was pretty cool though walking by the tiger enclosures on the trek in the Animal Kingdom and having the Keepers story pop into my head.

I did manage to read the last book before my trip, and I was glad that they addressed some of the inconsistencies from previous books. I'd be happy with the series ending, but I believe there's a book #7 in the works. Anyone heard anything about a release date?

cousininmiami
Davy Crockett's Explorer Canoes Guide
Davy Crockett's Explorer Canoes Guide

Post by cousininmiami » Feb Thu 13, 2014 12:17 pm

I don't know about anybody else but I get very "creeped out" when going on It's A Small World since reading the books! The last time we went on it I would not sit in the back, for fear the dolls would jump into the water and start chasing us! Well anyways, I wouldn't recommend going on any rides alone just before park closing, just in case... :shock:
°o° "...it's a great big beautiful tomorrow, shining at the end of every day" °o°

jlpeaches255
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider

Post by jlpeaches255 » Feb Thu 13, 2014 12:31 pm

cousininmiami wrote:I don't know about anybody else but I get very "creeped out" when going on It's A Small World since reading the books! The last time we went on it I would not sit in the back, for fear the dolls would jump into the water and start chasing us! Well anyways, I wouldn't recommend going on any rides alone just before park closing, just in case... :shock:
Lol, not only are we "creeped out" but my son insisted that we bring 3D glasses on the ride with us. The letters are not there of course but you never know who could have had them removed...

ImagineerWannabe
Mad Tea Party Host
Mad Tea Party Host

Post by ImagineerWannabe » Feb Sun 16, 2014 10:13 pm

Hehehe, I had a big smile when we got to the room with the sun.

ImagineerWannabe
Mad Tea Party Host
Mad Tea Party Host

Post by ImagineerWannabe » Feb Thu 20, 2014 9:52 pm

ImagineerWannabe wrote:I'd be happy with the series ending, but I believe there's a book #7 in the works. Anyone heard anything about a release date?
I found an answer to my own question and thought I'd share in case anyone else was interested. It seems the new book is coming out the end of March. Ridley Pearson is doing a signing at several parks to promote it http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2 ... ney-parks/

Amazon has a release date of April 1.

jlpeaches255
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider

Post by jlpeaches255 » Feb Wed 26, 2014 12:15 pm

ImagineerWannabe wrote:
ImagineerWannabe wrote:I'd be happy with the series ending, but I believe there's a book #7 in the works. Anyone heard anything about a release date?
I found an answer to my own question and thought I'd share in case anyone else was interested. It seems the new book is coming out the end of March. Ridley Pearson is doing a signing at several parks to promote it http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2 ... ney-parks/

Amazon has a release date of April 1.
I also saw an article on this that made reference to the famous "Wayne" working in Disney.

Thumper1
Mike Fink Keel Boats Boatswain
Mike Fink Keel Boats Boatswain

Post by Thumper1 » Mar Fri 07, 2014 10:39 am

cousininmiami wrote:I don't know about anybody else but I get very "creeped out" when going on It's A Small World since reading the books! The last time we went on it I would not sit in the back, for fear the dolls would jump into the water and start chasing us! Well anyways, I wouldn't recommend going on any rides alone just before park closing, just in case... :shock:
cousininmiami, my daughter just told me the same thing recently. We're looking at going to wdw in June this year and she told me she'd NEVER ride It's A small World again because of Kingdom Keepers. She said the dolls now creep her out! :lol:

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Mar Fri 07, 2014 9:40 pm

brerrabbit1 wrote:
cousininmiami, my daughter just told me the same thing recently. We're looking at going to wdw in June this year and she told me she'd NEVER ride It's A small World again because of Kingdom Keepers. She said the dolls now creep her out! :lol:
Hmmm, probably best I didn't read this before our trip to DL in December. I was all by my lonesome in a Splash Mountain canoe with no one visible in front or behind me :shock:

DonkeyBoy
Main Street Horse Car Coachman
Main Street Horse Car Coachman

Post by DonkeyBoy » Mar Mon 10, 2014 7:44 am

LOVE these books!! Even though I am an adult, they are great for Disney fans. My son and I read them at the same time, and now my daughter has read them too. We can imagine ourselves in the parks, when we aren't able to actually get there.