Help! Shoes!

Movies, TV, music, and more. Here's the place to talk about anything Disney outside of the parks.

Moderator: Moderators

cy1229
Country Bear Jamboree Greeter

Help! Shoes!

Post by cy1229 » Oct Tue 22, 2013 7:32 pm

Hi, remember the waaaayyyy cool shoes that Ellie got on our trip last October? Here's a photo to refresh your memory:

Welll................. I asked my best friend, who was there last week, to buy her a new pair because they've been very well-loved and are dying. She said they don't have them anymore, and that we could customize Toms shoes. I can't find a website ANYWHERE.

Help? Anyone know where I can find these shoes? Please?

Thanks!
Polynesian 1980
All-Star Movies 2001
Pop Century 2008
Saratoga Springs 2010
Bay Lake Tower 2012
Hyatt Place Anaheim Resort/Convention Center 2015
Marriott Anaheim Suites 2016

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Re: Help! Shoes!

Post by Amy » Oct Tue 22, 2013 7:54 pm

Found the shoes on the disneystore website, and they were on sale for $15, but they are sold out. And the fact that they were on sale likely means they won't be available anymore :(
As far as customizing Tom's shoes, the only ones I found were on etsy, and they were pricey, almost $100. I don't know what a basic Tom's shoe costs, but I'm thinking not nearly that much.
Your other option is likely ebay. Depending on her size, there do seem to be some of that exact sneaker available. The ones I found started around $35 on up. There was a pair that looked like they might have been gently worn that were $16...
Good luck!

cy1229

Post by cy1229 » Oct Tue 22, 2013 8:09 pm

eBAY!!! Why didn't I think of that? Got her a new pair, and they were the same price, including shipping, as what we paid last year. SO EXCITED!

Thanks Amy!
Polynesian 1980
All-Star Movies 2001
Pop Century 2008
Saratoga Springs 2010
Bay Lake Tower 2012

boilerbabe
Pack Mules Wrangler
Pack Mules Wrangler

Post by boilerbabe » Oct Tue 22, 2013 8:20 pm

Those shoes are too cute! That's sad they don't have them anymore.

Tom's shoes are so cute, they have so many different styles and if I'm not mistaken, they donate part of their proceeds to those that are in need. I didn't see any Mickey shoes on their site, but here it is: http://www.toms.com/

Hope you can find the shoes for your daughter on ebay!

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Oct Tue 22, 2013 8:24 pm

cy1229 wrote:eBAY!!! Why didn't I think of that? Got her a new pair, and they were the same price, including shipping, as what we paid last year. SO EXCITED!

Thanks Amy!
Glad I could help ~ I love to sniff out information and things online for people :D I only wish I could make it into some sort of income producing employment :roll: Free for my subber friends and family though of course ;)

cy1229

Post by cy1229 » Oct Wed 23, 2013 8:32 am

Amy wrote:
cy1229 wrote:eBAY!!! Why didn't I think of that? Got her a new pair, and they were the same price, including shipping, as what we paid last year. SO EXCITED!

Thanks Amy!
Glad I could help ~ I love to sniff out information and things online for people :D I only wish I could make it into some sort of income producing employment :roll: Free for my subber friends and family though of course ;)
I'm sure you could, but the big obstacle would be getting the word out that the service is available.
Polynesian 1980
All-Star Movies 2001
Pop Century 2008
Saratoga Springs 2010
Bay Lake Tower 2012

cy1229

Post by cy1229 » Nov Mon 04, 2013 3:30 pm

Little update... Ellie wears her new shoes to school almost every day. She's going to a black and white semiformal party on Saturday - a Quinciñera party - and I should remind her that these shoes are black and white! We bought a cute little white party dress with black lace trim. They will match very well and she'll be able to dance, dance, dance. :lol:
Polynesian 1980
All-Star Movies 2001
Pop Century 2008
Saratoga Springs 2010
Bay Lake Tower 2012

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Nov Mon 04, 2013 9:49 pm

cy1229 wrote:Little update... Ellie wears her new shoes to school almost every day. She's going to a black and white semiformal party on Saturday - a Quinciñera party - and I should remind her that these shoes are black and white! We bought a cute little white party dress with black lace trim. They will match very well and she'll be able to dance, dance, dance. :lol:
That is great that you were able to find her another pair. Sounds like you might want to plan ahead and find at least one more pair online?

cy1229

Post by cy1229 » Nov Tue 05, 2013 9:04 am

Yeah maybe. I'll have to think about that.

She wasn't amused when I suggested she wear them to her party on Saturday. She thought I was serious. Did I mention she had a killer swim practice and was exhausted? Either way, she's not wearing the Mickey sneakers with her party dress. I, personally, think it would be a positively smashing fashion choice.
Polynesian 1980
All-Star Movies 2001
Pop Century 2008
Saratoga Springs 2010
Bay Lake Tower 2012

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Nov Tue 05, 2013 3:07 pm

cy1229 wrote:Yeah maybe. I'll have to think about that.

She wasn't amused when I suggested she wear them to her party on Saturday. She thought I was serious. Did I mention she had a killer swim practice and was exhausted? Either way, she's not wearing the Mickey sneakers with her party dress. I, personally, think it would be a positively smashing fashion choice.
That's the beauty of getting older. You can dress how you like and really not care too much what others think. Not so much a luxury in high school :roll: I would totally rock the Mickey sneakers! :mickey:

cousininmiami
Davy Crockett's Explorer Canoes Guide
Davy Crockett's Explorer Canoes Guide

Post by cousininmiami » Nov Wed 06, 2013 12:28 pm

I have the same shoes... love them! Sorry to hear they don't have them anymore but glad you found some on ebay!
°o° "...it's a great big beautiful tomorrow, shining at the end of every day" °o°

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Nov Wed 06, 2013 1:12 pm

cousininmiami wrote:I have the same shoes... love them! Sorry to hear they don't have them anymore but glad you found some on ebay!
I wonder if they will be back in stock at some point though?

Belle1082
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider

Post by Belle1082 » Nov Thu 21, 2013 10:54 am

boilerbabe wrote:Those shoes are too cute! That's sad they don't have them anymore.

Tom's shoes are so cute, they have so many different styles and if I'm not mistaken, they donate part of their proceeds to those that are in need. I didn't see any Mickey shoes on their site, but here it is: http://www.toms.com/

I've actually seen at one of the stores in DTD customized, painted Tom's. I don't recall if they were Disney themed, but I do know that on etsy people upcharge a lot to sell painted Tom's. Tom's just happen to be SUPER comfortable shoes, at least in my opinion and I would love to be able to buy some cute painted Disney ones but they are always so spendy!

boilerbabe
Pack Mules Wrangler
Pack Mules Wrangler

Post by boilerbabe » Nov Fri 22, 2013 6:04 pm

Belle1082 wrote:
boilerbabe wrote:Those shoes are too cute! That's sad they don't have them anymore.

I've actually seen at one of the stores in DTD customized, painted Tom's. I don't recall if they were Disney themed, but I do know that on etsy people upcharge a lot to sell painted Tom's. Tom's just happen to be SUPER comfortable shoes, at least in my opinion and I would love to be able to buy some cute painted Disney ones but they are always so spendy!
I did see those on etsy, they are super adorable but like you said, $$$!!! I have flat feet, so I don't think I could walk alot in them. But they are super cute!!!

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Nov Fri 22, 2013 9:43 pm

boilerbabe wrote:
Belle1082 wrote:

I did see those on etsy, they are super adorable but like you said, $$$!!! I have flat feet, so I don't think I could walk alot in them. But they are super cute!!!
I don't see how those shoes could be very comfortable. I know a lot of people like them, but I need some arch support and cushioning!