Favorite Disney Animated Movie

Movies, TV, music, and more. Here's the place to talk about anything Disney outside of the parks.

Moderator: Moderators

What is your favorite Disney animated movie?

Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs
2%
Pinocchio
2%
Fantasia
4%
Cinderella
4%
Peter Pan
6%
Lady and the Tramp
No votes
Sleeping Beauty
4%
101 Dalmations
No votes
The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh
2%
The Little Mermaid
2%
Beauty and the Beast
13%
Aladdin
11%
The Lion King
6%
Toy Story
6%
A Bug's Life
4%
Monsters, Inc.
No votes
Lilo & Stitch
4%
Finding Nemo
4%
The Incredibles
4%
Other
19%

Total votes: 47

rick2vick

Favorite Disney Animated Movie

Post by rick2vick » Jul Wed 20, 2005 11:11 am

When I thought up the idea of this poll, I figured it had already been done, but I did a search of the forum and could not find it. There are over 50 of them now. Sorry I couldn't include them all. So what's your favorite?

subsonic
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by subsonic » Jul Wed 20, 2005 11:34 am

I'm wondering if it's unfair to put CG cartoons in. But I picked Incredibles.
If it was non-CG I'd go with Aladdin.
Join our chat in Discord: https://discord.gg/zw5by3z

Disneynut
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider

Post by Disneynut » Jul Wed 20, 2005 11:37 am

Bugs life for me, my daughters fav is Lilo & Stitch.

js3901
Matterhorn Bobsleds Climber

Post by js3901 » Jul Wed 20, 2005 11:43 am

subsonic wrote:I'm wondering if it's unfair to put CG cartoons in. But I picked Incredibles.
If it was non-CG I'd go with Aladdin.
I did the same thing. I'd also probably pick Emperor's New Groove as a fav, as well...
"And please do not sit on the floor. My studies show you can't experience time travel on the floor. and it's not a pretty picture in those shorts" - The Timekeeper

Site Admin, WDW Freak

spaulo
PeopleMover People Mover
PeopleMover People Mover

Post by spaulo » Jul Wed 20, 2005 11:57 am

Peter Pan! Now... if only it were actually available for purchase... darn "Vault"...
~Steve

spaulo
PeopleMover People Mover
PeopleMover People Mover

Post by spaulo » Jul Wed 20, 2005 11:58 am

Oh, and my girlfriend would be beside herself that Alice in Wonderland is not an option...
~Steve

disneydreamer58
PeopleMover People Mover
PeopleMover People Mover

Post by disneydreamer58 » Jul Wed 20, 2005 12:40 pm

:shock: Alice In Wonderland! Where is it????? LOL
That's my favorite, as you can probably tell from my Avatar :lol:
It was a close race though, cause Snow White, Peter Pan, Cinderella, Pinocchio are right in there with Alice. Can you tell I like the older films best?????? To me it's Disney at its best, they are timeless.
"A Very Merry Un-Birthday To You!"

rick2vick

Post by rick2vick » Jul Thu 21, 2005 7:34 am

bostoncg wrote::shock: Alice In Wonderland! Where is it?????
Sorry about that. I did have Alice, but then discovered that I was limited to 20 choices. So I had to remove a few. It was hard to choose what to remove. I can remove something else, and add Alice. However I don't know how to edit the poll. How do I do that?

SpringheeledJack

Post by SpringheeledJack » Jul Thu 21, 2005 7:51 am

HERCULES! :D

QuickGold
Davy Crockett's Explorer Canoes Guide
Davy Crockett's Explorer Canoes Guide

Post by QuickGold » Jul Thu 21, 2005 8:34 am

Toy Story
Matt

[b][url=http://www.studioscentral.com]Studios Central[/url]
[url=http://www.wdwtoday.com]WDW Today Podcast[/url]
[url=http://www.towerofterror.org/tower.html]TowerOfTerror.Org[/url][/b]

disneydreamer58
PeopleMover People Mover
PeopleMover People Mover

Post by disneydreamer58 » Jul Thu 21, 2005 9:32 am

rick2vick wrote:
bostoncg wrote::shock: Alice In Wonderland! Where is it?????
Sorry about that. I did have Alice, but then discovered that I was limited to 20 choices. So I had to remove a few. It was hard to choose what to remove. I can remove something else, and add Alice. However I don't know how to edit the poll. How do I do that?
Oh that I do not know, I am not that smart :D I would leave your list as is anyway, it has a great starting point!
I know that Mary Poppin's isn't exactly animated, but it is among my fav's too. If you think about it that list could be a rather long one with all the responses you are getting that aren't listed on the poll. You have a good list though to get our memories to start rolling and thinking about which one we like. It's really hard to narrow it down to just one movie, even though I did. It could've easily been a 3 or 4 way tie for my choices.
I went to Disney.com and looked up all the old movies from way back....like Blackbeards Ghost, Darby O'Gill and The Little People, etc.....wow, I went down memory lane reading the lists :wink:
the cinematography may not be mind boggling but the old movies were just fun to watch. IMHO
"A Very Merry Un-Birthday To You!"

rick2vick

Post by rick2vick » Jul Thu 21, 2005 10:12 am

subsonic wrote: unfair to put CG cartoons in.
I thought about that. I guess you could make the argument that none of the new computer animation should be ranked against the old hand painted films (I believe The Little Mermaid was the last hand painted Disney film). They were works of art. I had considered posting two polls. One would be for your favorite Disney animated film, and the other would be for the Disney animated film that you think is the best. However I didn't do it because I know some people would think I was being redundant. For me, however, they would not be the same film. Toy Story is my favorite. The best... probably Fantasia.
Last edited by rick2vick on Jul Fri 22, 2005 5:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

js3901

Post by js3901 » Jul Thu 21, 2005 12:49 pm

rick2vick wrote: Sorry about that. I did have Alice, but then discovered that I was limited to 20 choices. So I had to remove a few. It was hard to choose what to remove. I can remove something else, and add Alice. However I don't know how to edit the poll. How do I do that?
just go back to the original post and click "edit". as it is yours, you'll be able to edit anything in there, including poll options.
"And please do not sit on the floor. My studies show you can't experience time travel on the floor. and it's not a pretty picture in those shorts" - The Timekeeper

Site Admin, WDW Freak

rick2vick

Post by rick2vick » Jul Thu 21, 2005 4:57 pm

rick2vick wrote: just go back to the original post and click "edit". as it is yours, you'll be able to edit anything in there, including poll options.
Maybe there's something wrong with me. When I click on "edit", only my message comes up on the edit screen, not the poll. I guess it is not that important, but I know others have edited their polls.

william_tropico

Post by william_tropico » Jul Thu 21, 2005 5:10 pm

Robbin Hood, that was a good film, ahh was so glad when it was realesed on
dvd