The worst Rides at Disney

Movies, TV, music, and more. Here's the place to talk about anything Disney outside of the parks.

Moderator: Moderators

What is the worst ride that Disney ever created?

Small World (All of them)
10%
The Great Movie Ride
4%
Spaceship Earth
4%
Peter Pan (All of them)
5%
The Mad Tea Party (Teacups) (All of them)
12%
Splash Mountain (All of them)
3%
World Of Motion (EPCOT)
4%
Super Star Limo (DCA)
39%
Winnie the Pooh (DL)
14%
Land Pavillion Boat Ride (EPCOT)
5%

Total votes: 77

elizabethswann
Pirates of the Caribbean Buccaneer
Pirates of the Caribbean Buccaneer

Post by elizabethswann » Apr Fri 02, 2010 11:33 pm

I saw videos and photos of the Superstar Limo and you are right about that. It seemed a bit too rushed? It didn't really work out very well as they thought it would.

http://yesterland.com/superstarlimo.html / http://yesterland.com/limoexterior.html

TikiTikiRoom
Peter Pan's Flight Pixie Duster

Post by TikiTikiRoom » Apr Sat 03, 2010 11:08 am

I get why people would say Small World is a terrible ride...i mean it is realy boring and repetitive, but being an artist/illustrator I love the design of the ride and the characters in it. I dunno...it's not THE WORST out there.

Jacca5660
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Jacca5660 » Apr Sat 03, 2010 11:22 am

MmeLeota wrote:I am quite surprised by some of the answers...

You're not missing much by not knowing about Superstar Limo. Here is a quick synopsis, though I don't remember all of the story line. Everyone is waiting for the next big Hollywood star...and guess what? It's you! Hop in your purple limo...as you make your way through iconic LA areas, papparazzi are popping out to take your picture, and you come across Hollywood stars (like Drew Carey & Whoopi Goldberg). One of the papparazzi really did take your picture too (but I don't remember being able to purchase it...it might be because I was running for the exit).

The idea was kind of cool, but when all of the sets/celebrities looked like cardboard caricatures, it was hard to really get into the story. Now, if they were to use technology to show actual footage/celebrities in a dark ride setting, then they might have something. Of course, the technology that's available today wasn't 10+ years ago...
Is it a ride like R&R?
"Our dreams can come true - if we have the courage to pursue them" WED

"There's a fine prow on that steamer, let's climb aboard her!" Fireside

"You're off the map mateys..Here there be SeaMonsters!!"

The original "LICENSE MAYHEM MARAUDER!!ImageImage

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Apr Sat 03, 2010 11:42 am

SuperStar Limo was nothing like R&R! I guess it kind of had the same story line as the R&R but it was more of a dark ride, with all these weird cut-out caricatures of celebrities - some of whom were recognizable and some who were like - who was that?! The ride system was just a flat plane, slower-faster, kind of along the lines of Pinnochio and Snow White. From the pictures I have seen of the new America section of IASW, that is kind of what SuperStar limo was like - lots of bright lights, scary sets, just generally odd and weird.

metsofny
Shooting Galleries Gun Cleaner
Shooting Galleries Gun Cleaner

Post by metsofny » Apr Wed 28, 2010 9:42 am

I have never heard of super star limo before. Those pics are funny. I can see why it was taken out.

theBIGyowski
Tom Sawyer Island Rafts Skipper
Tom Sawyer Island Rafts Skipper

Post by theBIGyowski » Apr Wed 28, 2010 9:46 am

Wow...first I have ever heard of Super Star Limo. It looks like a bad dream that someone turned into a dark ride. That ride would have definitely given me nightmares!

1986: Offsite
1997: Offsite
2001: Coronado Springs
2008: Shades of Green / Saratoga Springs (WDW Half Marathon)
2009: Port Orleans French Quarter (WDW Half Marathon)
2010: Port Orleans Riverside (Honeymoon)
2011: Old Key West / Bay Lake Tower
2014: Kidani Village
2015: Old Key West (5th Wedding Anniversary)
2016: Old Key West (Kids' first WDW vacation in December!)

MmeLeota
Pack Mules Wrangler
Pack Mules Wrangler

Post by MmeLeota » Apr Wed 28, 2010 1:16 pm

Yes to all of those descriptions of SSL...it didn't even last the first year. I've said it before and I'll continue to say that SSL was a great idea on paper, but they definitely cut corners. It had the potential to be a really great dark ride thoroughly capturing the whole Hollywood theme of the area (in a satirical way), but it came off as a cheap stand-in. :roll: *sigh* This is why they are now spending the $$$ to fix up the park and finally build some features that were originally supposed to be there.

Oh well...who am I to say anything???

Len90
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Len90 » Apr Wed 28, 2010 1:25 pm

I honestly voted for SSL. I really don't think any of the others on the list could be classified as the worst attraction Disney has. I don't know if I could really see Disney without any on the list that are currently operating. World of Motion seemed really cool and I definitely would have it on my list of attractions to do at EPCOT if it was still operating.
- Len90
"If you can dream it, you can do it. Always remember that this whole thing was started with a dream and a mouse."
"Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday, tomorrow, and fantasy"

mindflipper
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by mindflipper » Apr Wed 28, 2010 3:12 pm

Where's Dreamflights?? It had to be the worst I ever saw! Half the ride was nothing but cardboard cut-outs! That would get me vote for the worst!

momeja
Rocket Jets Flight Director

Re: If we're extending this beyond just rides

Post by momeja » Apr Wed 28, 2010 5:21 pm

sockfire wrote:If we're extending this beyond just rides, then I would have to add Food Rocks from the Land pavillion as worst show. My wife and I sat through that piece of crap show on our honeymoon in 1999 and as we were walking out we had this conversation:

Me: What was that called again?
Her: (looking at sign) Food Rocks.
Me: Yeah? More like Food Sucks.
That was a bad attraction. DH and I decided that we would do every open attraction at Epcot FW one trip back in 94. It was way too much FW for one visit, but Food Rocks goes down as the worst of the trip. (WOM wasn't far behind. TT is a serious improvement, although the WOM song was and is great.)

I picked The Great Movie Ride. Too adult for kids who might like the Wizard of Oz scene but not the Alien popping out, too boring to ride twice, that ride is a mess.

Jacca5660
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Jacca5660 » Apr Wed 28, 2010 6:41 pm

TGMR is one of my top 10!
"Our dreams can come true - if we have the courage to pursue them" WED

"There's a fine prow on that steamer, let's climb aboard her!" Fireside

"You're off the map mateys..Here there be SeaMonsters!!"

The original "LICENSE MAYHEM MARAUDER!!ImageImage

imaginationcelebration
Snow White's Adventures Gem Miner
Snow White's Adventures Gem Miner
Location: Somewhere in a galaxy far, far, away from someplace else

Post by imaginationcelebration » Apr Wed 28, 2010 7:30 pm

elizabethswann wrote:I saw videos and photos of the Superstar Limo and you are right about that. It seemed a bit too rushed? It didn't really work out very well as they thought it would.

http://yesterland.com/superstarlimo.html / http://yesterland.com/limoexterior.html
Ok...after looking at the photos...that does look rushed..not really Disney quality...almost like carnival quality.
MmeLeota wrote:Oh well...who am I to say anything???
You are the customer....you are always right!
momeja wrote:I picked The Great Movie Ride. Too adult for kids who might like the Wizard of Oz scene but not the Alien popping out, too boring to ride twice, that ride is a mess.
I've gone on it multiple times, but only to get a good rest in without having to stop!

momeja

Post by momeja » Apr Wed 28, 2010 9:57 pm

Jacca5660 wrote:TGMR is one of my top 10!
Jacca, I'll definitely have to ride it with you to see what you see in it. :)

Akyriel

Post by Akyriel » Apr Wed 28, 2010 10:01 pm

Rocket Rods at DLR was just plain awful

Rocket Rods were neither....

Mark86
Mad Tea Party Host
Mad Tea Party Host

Post by Mark86 » Apr Wed 28, 2010 10:15 pm

That new Nemo ride in Epcot is really boring. Probably on my bottom ten! I don't know why, but The Land ride is pretty cool even though the theme has nothing to do with Disney.
Mark86