The worst Rides at Disney

Movies, TV, music, and more. Here's the place to talk about anything Disney outside of the parks.

Moderator: Moderators

What is the worst ride that Disney ever created?

Small World (All of them)
10%
The Great Movie Ride
4%
Spaceship Earth
4%
Peter Pan (All of them)
5%
The Mad Tea Party (Teacups) (All of them)
12%
Splash Mountain (All of them)
3%
World Of Motion (EPCOT)
4%
Super Star Limo (DCA)
39%
Winnie the Pooh (DL)
14%
Land Pavillion Boat Ride (EPCOT)
5%

Total votes: 77

Arete
Shooting Galleries Gun Cleaner
Shooting Galleries Gun Cleaner

Post by Arete » May Wed 12, 2010 5:31 pm

We can always just start a new thread. :D There's lots of suggestions here for what should be included.

indianagirl21
Main Street Cinema Projectionist

Re: The worst Rides at Disney

Post by indianagirl21 » Aug Sun 15, 2010 2:03 am

I dont really like the Submarine or now known as the Finding Nemo ride. I feel like there is always a long line and the ride is also really long.

I get bored easily and remember drifting off halfway through the ride.

I mean that definitely tells me something because its a tough thing to do to fall asleep at Disneyland! :) :mickey:

By the Way: Didn't vote from the list above because my ride was missing :wink: :D

elizabethswann
Pirates of the Caribbean Buccaneer
Pirates of the Caribbean Buccaneer

Post by elizabethswann » Aug Sun 15, 2010 2:47 pm

The ride tends to be good if you want to get a fifteen minute nap or so.

mindflipper
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by mindflipper » Aug Sun 15, 2010 9:32 pm

Dreamflights, Kitchen Kabaret/Food Rocks, Tiki Room Under New Management, and the first Journey Into Your Imagination makes my list of worst rides.

indianagirl21

Post by indianagirl21 » Aug Sun 15, 2010 10:27 pm

I dont recognize Dreamflights or Kitchen Kabaret/Food Rocks. What kind of rides were those Mindflipper? (if you don't mind me asking)

boilerbabe
Pack Mules Wrangler
Pack Mules Wrangler

Post by boilerbabe » Aug Sun 15, 2010 10:44 pm

Kitchen Kaberet/Food Rocks was one of my all favs.!!! So funny how everyone has their opinions of what was great and what sucks!

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Aug Mon 16, 2010 5:43 am

boilerbabe wrote:Kitchen Kaberet/Food Rocks was one of my all favs.!!! So funny how everyone has their opinions of what was great and what sucks!
I loved them too! I was sad when Food Rocks replaced Kitchen Kabaret but I grew to love it even more than the original Food Rocks!
indianagirl21 wrote:I dont recognize Dreamflights or Kitchen Kabaret/Food Rocks. What kind of rides were those Mindflipper? (if you don't mind me asking)
I'll hop in here if you don't mind...Kitchen Kabaret and Food Rocks were both themed toward good nutrition and eating well. Kitchen Kabaret was a old school, more groaner joke-filled experience while Food Rocks took well known singers - Cher, The Beach Boys, Queen, Peter Gabriel, to name a few - and re-worked their lyrics. You should really check out the shows on youtube, I think Food Rocks stands the test of time a little better than Kitchen Kabaret but I still love Ham and Eggz from that show! I still sing the Food Rocks lyrics when I hear the original songs which draws a few weird glances when I am in public :lol:

mindflipper
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by mindflipper » Aug Mon 16, 2010 8:35 am

Dreamflights replaced "If You Had Wings" long before Buzz Lightyear Space Ranger Spin opened up in that attraction spot in MK's Tomorrowland. It was cheaply made, and had a lot of moving or revolving cardboard cut-outs. It lacked any effort or quality, and was typical of the decline the parks were in at that time. Like all the rides in that attraction, they may have different ride vehicles, but they all use the same track.

IMHO Kitchen Kabaret/Food Rocks was sit-down audio-animatronic show that just didn't fit Disney or EPCOT. Food with goofy faces singing awful songs in oversized kitchen set - it was like a bad Sid & Marty Krofft show that got rejected for Saturday mornings, so it ended up at EPCOT for some bad reason. I kept waiting for H R Puffnstuff or Witchiepoo to pop up at any time. It just didn't fit with the rest of EPCOT when it opened (maybe more with the Imagination pavilion than The Land pavilion). It eventually closed down and became the queue area for Soarin'.

indianagirl21

Post by indianagirl21 » Aug Mon 16, 2010 12:48 pm

Amy wrote:
boilerbabe wrote:Kitchen Kaberet/Food Rocks was one of my all favs.!!! So funny how everyone has their opinions of what was great and what sucks!
I loved them too! I was sad when Food Rocks replaced Kitchen Kabaret but I grew to love it even more than the original Food Rocks!
indianagirl21 wrote:I dont recognize Dreamflights or Kitchen Kabaret/Food Rocks. What kind of rides were those Mindflipper? (if you don't mind me asking)
I'll hop in here if you don't mind...Kitchen Kabaret and Food Rocks were both themed toward good nutrition and eating well. Kitchen Kabaret was a old school, more groaner joke-filled experience while Food Rocks took well known singers - Cher, The Beach Boys, Queen, Peter Gabriel, to name a few - and re-worked their lyrics. You should really check out the shows on youtube, I think Food Rocks stands the test of time a little better than Kitchen Kabaret but I still love Ham and Eggz from that show! I still sing the Food Rocks lyrics when I hear the original songs which draws a few weird glances when I am in public :lol:
cant believe I had no idea about them. Im totally going to go check them out online. thanks amy :D

indianagirl21

Post by indianagirl21 » Aug Mon 16, 2010 12:53 pm

mindflipper wrote:Dreamflights replaced "If You Had Wings" long before Buzz Lightyear Space Ranger Spin opened up in that attraction spot in MK's Tomorrowland. It was cheaply made, and had a lot of moving or revolving cardboard cut-outs. It lacked any effort or quality, and was typical of the decline the parks were in at that time. Like all the rides in that attraction, they may have different ride vehicles, but they all use the same track.

IMHO Kitchen Kabaret/Food Rocks was sit-down audio-animatronic show that just didn't fit Disney or EPCOT. Food with goofy faces singing awful songs in oversized kitchen set - it was like a bad Sid & Marty Krofft show that got rejected for Saturday mornings, so it ended up at EPCOT for some bad reason. I kept waiting for H R Puffnstuff or Witchiepoo to pop up at any time. It just didn't fit with the rest of EPCOT when it opened (maybe more with the Imagination pavilion than The Land pavilion). It eventually closed down and became the queue area for Soarin'.
now thinking back on the past I totally was in my own world when I use to pass what use to be where Buzz Lightyear is now. Im sure I went on Dreamflights and "If you had wings" as a kid but I dont remember at all. :(

actually now that I think about it... I'm still not always in my right mind :lol: :wink:

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Aug Mon 16, 2010 5:31 pm

indianagirl21 wrote:now thinking back on the past I totally was in my own world when I use to pass what use to be where Buzz Lightyear is now. Im sure I went on Dreamflights and "If you had wings" as a kid but I dont remember at all. :(
actually now that I think about it... I'm still not always in my right mind :lol: :wink:
Makes you fit right in here doesn't it?! :lol:

indianagirl21

Post by indianagirl21 » Aug Mon 16, 2010 9:09 pm

Amy wrote:
indianagirl21 wrote:now thinking back on the past I totally was in my own world when I use to pass what use to be where Buzz Lightyear is now. Im sure I went on Dreamflights and "If you had wings" as a kid but I dont remember at all. :(
Makes you fit right in here doesn't it?! :lol:
haha. Definitely! I don't have to ever worry about not fitting in with the Subsonic Family anymore :D