Disney's Frozen Movie

Movies, TV, music, and more. Here's the place to talk about anything Disney outside of the parks.

Moderator: Moderators

Cardinals314
Peter Pan's Flight Pixie Duster

Disney's Frozen Movie

Post by Cardinals314 » Jun Tue 11, 2013 11:38 pm

Anyone excited for Disney's Frozen movie coming out in November? I know that Disney hasn't done any advertisement yet for it and there will be before Monsters University. The songs will be written by Broadway composers Robert Lopez and his wife Kristen Anderson-Lopez. This couple also did the music for the Finding Nemo Musical at AK.
My WDW Trip Report March 2013

"I don't want to be a product of my environment. I want my environment to be a product of me"

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Re: Disney's Frozen Movie

Post by Amy » Jun Wed 12, 2013 8:12 am

Cardinals314 wrote:Anyone excited for Disney's Frozen movie coming out in November? I know that Disney hasn't done any advertisement yet for it and there will be before Monsters University. The songs will be written by Broadway composers Robert Lopez and his wife Kristen Anderson-Lopez. This couple also did the music for the Finding Nemo Musical at AK.
Haven't heard of it at all. What is it about?

Cardinals314

Post by Cardinals314 » Jun Wed 12, 2013 12:33 pm

It's a 3-d computer animated movie that is loosely based on the fairy tale called The Snow Queen.

Here is the plot released by Disney:

Anna teams up with a mountain man named Kristoff and his reindeer companion Sven to go on a quest to find Anna's sister Elsa, the Snow Queen, who has banished herself to the mountains into a snow palace, to put an end to the eternal winter she has cursed the Arendelle kingdom to suffer.

I think this movie has potential of being very good.

"I don't want to be a product of my environment. I want my environment to be a product of me"

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Jun Wed 12, 2013 4:58 pm

Cardinals314 wrote:It's a 3-d computer animated movie that is loosely based on the fairy tale called The Snow Queen.

Anna teams up with a mountain man named Kristoff and his reindeer companion Sven to go on a quest to find Anna's sister Elsa, the Snow Queen, who has banished herself to the mountains into a snow palace, to put an end to the eternal winter she has cursed the Arendelle kingdom to suffer.

Hmmm, sounds a little reminiscent of the Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe series...

Cardinals314

Post by Cardinals314 » Jun Wed 12, 2013 7:08 pm

My only worry is that Kristen Bell is providing the voice of the main character. At least it is an animated character that can portray more emotion than her lol.

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Jun Wed 12, 2013 7:48 pm

Cardinals314 wrote:My only worry is that Kristen Bell is providing the voice of the main character. At least it is an animated character that can portray more emotion than her lol.
Oh no, I'll be hearing Gossip Girl the whole time she is speaking :shock: :lol:

NaCler
Country Bear Jamboree Greeter

Post by NaCler » Jun Mon 17, 2013 9:01 pm

Disney just released a pic of a snowman from the film. Looks a little cheesey but maybe it will work.

Cardinals314

Post by Cardinals314 » Jun Tue 18, 2013 11:53 am

Disney just released a teaser trailer for the film. The teaser doesn't focus on the story. It just focuses on some side characters. It's light hearted, but I am still waiting for a full trailer.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-WdC4DaYIeQ

BuzzyFan
Sleeping Beauty Castle Guard

Post by BuzzyFan » Jun Tue 18, 2013 12:57 pm

Cardinals314 wrote:It's a 3-d computer animated movie that is loosely based on the fairy tale called The Snow Queen.

On a WAG, I'd say this movie's pre-loaded to be an "immersive" or maybe even "next-gen" attraction over at DHS, primarily over the holidays. (Quotes used because I'm more than a little jaded on how both terms get used now.) Disney deeply adores "quest to find" plots, especially when they can be converted into theme park dollars.

Cardinals314

Post by Cardinals314 » Jun Tue 18, 2013 3:47 pm

I believe that there is room for DHS to do some kind of dark ride in the Studio One building, but Frozen would have to be a huge hit in order have its own ride. Possibly even bigger than Tangled, which has been the largest current hit.

BuzzyFan

Post by BuzzyFan » Jun Tue 18, 2013 3:59 pm

Cardinals314 wrote:I believe that there is room for DHS to do some kind of dark ride in the Studio One building, but Frozen would have to be a huge hit in order have its own ride. Possibly even bigger than Tangled, which has been the largest current hit.
Why would it have to be a ride, though? DHS has done a bunch of walkthrough designs lately (Prince Caspian, Yet-Another-Jack-Sparrow). Not that I expect Jack Sparrow to be removed for this, but maybe some stuff thrown into one of the soundstages...? I could see that.

Cardinals314

Post by Cardinals314 » Jun Tue 18, 2013 4:57 pm

The Jack Sparrow attraction isn't getting good reviews. The projection technology is impressive, but that attraction won't be permanent. I think DHS should have an attraction that is a museum of the old Disney attractions. You can see stuff from Horizons and possibly a sub from 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea. Disney could rotate certain "artifacts" to make the museum experience different every time for guests.

cy1229

Post by cy1229 » Jun Tue 18, 2013 6:35 pm

Cardinals314 wrote:Disney just released a teaser trailer for the film. The teaser doesn't focus on the story. It just focuses on some side characters. It's light hearted, but I am still waiting for a full trailer.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-WdC4DaYIeQ
Hubby and I watched this and literally :lol: 'd! However, we need to see more before we shell out $10 to see it. This trailer looks good for a short, but we have a hard time seeing how an entire feature can be built around it.
Polynesian 1980
All-Star Movies 2001
Pop Century 2008
Saratoga Springs 2010
Bay Lake Tower 2012
Hyatt Place Anaheim Resort/Convention Center 2015
Marriott Anaheim Suites 2016

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Jun Tue 18, 2013 9:04 pm

Cardinals314 wrote:The Jack Sparrow attraction isn't getting good reviews. The projection technology is impressive, but that attraction won't be permanent. I think DHS should have an attraction that is a museum of the old Disney attractions. You can see stuff from Horizons and possibly a sub from 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea. Disney could rotate certain "artifacts" to make the museum experience different every time for guests.
That would be nice, but I doubt they would want to devote real estate to it. One Man's Dream in MGM DHS has some of the stuff from Horizons and Kitchen Kabaret in it ~ it was fun to get to see some of the artifacts there.

horizons1
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by horizons1 » Jun Wed 19, 2013 8:18 am

Just saw the teaser with the snowman and the elk where they are chasing the carrot. Reminded me of Ice Age.

(OK, reading that first sentence back, I don't think those words have ever been in one sentence before in all of history.)
No one's gloomy or complaining while the flatware's entertaining.