Disney's Frozen Movie

Movies, TV, music, and more. Here's the place to talk about anything Disney outside of the parks.

Moderator: Moderators

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Re: Disney's Frozen Movie

Post by Amy » Dec Tue 03, 2013 10:30 pm

dstrawn9889 wrote:it was more akin to the caliber of TLM or BaTB, even Tiana... it really felt like a return to the classics. Anna and Elsa need their coronation at the parks though, they are disney princesses through and through.
I wouldn't be surprised if that happens. Seems like they are all princesses sooner or later. I know my one piano family is excited because they have three girls and two of them are named Elsa and Anna...

theBIGyowski
Tom Sawyer Island Rafts Skipper

Post by theBIGyowski » Dec Wed 04, 2013 9:12 am

Thought about seeing this while I am up in Ohio for work...as DW is not a movie theater person. But I know DW will want this on Blu-Ray once it comes out...so it would be in my best interest to wait.

1986: Offsite
1997: Offsite
2001: Coronado Springs
2008: Shades of Green / Saratoga Springs (WDW Half Marathon)
2009: Port Orleans French Quarter (WDW Half Marathon)
2010: Port Orleans Riverside (Honeymoon)
2011: Old Key West / Bay Lake Tower
2014: Kidani Village
2015: Old Key West (5th Wedding Anniversary)
2016: Old Key West (Kids' first WDW vacation in December!)

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Dec Wed 04, 2013 10:10 am

theBIGyowski wrote:Thought about seeing this while I am up in Ohio for work...as DW is not a movie theater person. But I know DW will want this on Blu-Ray once it comes out...so it would be in my best interest to wait.
Probably about the same to buy the Blu-Ray as it would be for you to go see it in person...good call! Besides, you have to start building up your Disney movie library for your little one ;)

theBIGyowski

Post by theBIGyowski » Dec Wed 04, 2013 11:50 am

yep...DW had every Disney movie on VHS growing up...and we have them packed away somewhere...so we're doing what we can to build up the Blu-Ray/DVD library now for DS

I assume that Blu-Ray will be the last physical medium we'll see as everything appears to be going the download/streaming direction.

Cardinals314
Peter Pan's Flight Pixie Duster
Peter Pan's Flight Pixie Duster

Post by Cardinals314 » Dec Thu 05, 2013 7:42 pm

I saw the movie the other night and I thought it was a very good movie. Having the story revolve around two sisters was a great choice. The scenes specifically with Anna and Elsa are the best in the movie. The first and last act are great, but the second is a bit weak. The twists that were in the movie was a real refreshing site in comparison of other Disney movies.

Musically, most of the songs are good. Robert and Kristen Lopez were the ones who wrote the songs. Let it Go by Idina Menzel is by far the highlight and is the front runner for best song at the Oscars. There were two songs that I didn't really like which were "Reindeers are Better than People" and "Fixer Upper"

I was really surprised of the character Olaf. I thought he was going to be one of those annoying comedy relief characters, but he was actually enjoyable. He does also have an important role in the overall story. The characters that were weak, in my opinion, were the trolls. I think this has to deal with how I disliked their song. Outside of that, there is very little personality coming from them.

Overall, Frozen is a great addition. The movie is able to bring back some of its original fairy tale storytelling while being able to add twists that make the movie very refreshing and fun to watch. Highly recommended
My WDW Trip Report March 2013

"I don't want to be a product of my environment. I want my environment to be a product of me"

Belle1082
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider

Post by Belle1082 » Dec Wed 11, 2013 10:48 am

I also really liked the movie. I loved the sister theme instead of it always being how the girl needs the boy. Sisters need each other! :-) Olaf definitely had some great lines, too. I was also surprised at how well Kristen Bell could sing!
Overall I was pleasantly surprised and really enjoyed it.

I am also set with the task of getting all new Disney DVDs as I had so many on VHS! I gotta get going on my collection!

GeoffS
Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln Usher
Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln Usher

Post by GeoffS » Dec Sun 15, 2013 12:29 am

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Dec Sun 15, 2013 9:22 am

GeoffS wrote:Four (lame) easter eggs in Frozen:
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/12/1 ... ertainment
Those are definitely tiny...you would have to be watching very closely to see that little Mickey :mickey:

I am Sulley
Autopian Mechanic
Autopian Mechanic

Post by I am Sulley » Jan Tue 14, 2014 3:39 pm

Pricessinwaiting and I went to see Frozen last weekend. Overall thought it was a good film. Olaf is great and whilst his animated character seems at odds with the main animation it somehow works well as he is very amusing. I didn't feel too comfortable with some of the songs, but guess that's just me! We saw it in standard format as Princess is not good with 3D, but I can see why it is getting good reviews for the 3D version. Has anyone seen both? As ever I have to ask did you stay to the end of the credits :?: If not why not :?:

MmeLeota
Pack Mules Wrangler
Pack Mules Wrangler

Post by MmeLeota » Jan Tue 14, 2014 4:41 pm

I am Sulley wrote: As ever I have to ask did you stay to the end of the credits :?: If not why not :?:
ALWAYS! We were 2 of the 4 people (out of a full theater) who stayed the whole way through. :mrgreen:

We're kind of obsessed with "Do You Want To Build a Snowman?" at the moment...though "Let it Go" will always have a special spot for us.

Oh, and it will be out on Blu ray on March 18th!

jlpeaches255
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider

Post by jlpeaches255 » Feb Thu 13, 2014 1:10 pm

I told my brother and his girlfriend the other day that Frozen is now my favorite Disney Movie of all time. I practically had to perform CPR on them after that statement. LOL "Better than the Lion King?? Better than The Little Mermaid???" Yes, it really is my favorite. And it is odd when I think about how much the villains are usually my favorite characters that I love this movie...which is NOT driven by a villain. Sure, there are minor villains but the main struggle is Elsa against herself. She could have become the villain, and we, or at least I, would have still loved her. The song "Let it go" is now my anthem. Building strength from your flaws, embracing the things about yourself that scare you. Ok ok maybe I am over thinking it... but I love this movie.
And, to have a soundtrack that my kids listen to as often as I listened to The Little Mermaid or The Lion King...huge bonus!

theBIGyowski

Post by theBIGyowski » Mar Mon 10, 2014 10:11 am

Frozen is only $19.99 on Amazon right now!!! You get the Blu-Ray/DVD/Digital combo...all for the same price as just the digital download on iTunes! That is crazy insane and the price could potentially go lower before next Tuesday. If you are thinking about buying this to add to your Disney movie collection...I would pre-order it right now before the price has a chance to go up. It will most certainly not go any lower after it is released on 3/18...so right now is your chance to get it the cheapest.

Frozen Blu-Ray/DVD/Digital Combo

cy1229
Country Bear Jamboree Greeter
Country Bear Jamboree Greeter

Post by cy1229 » Mar Wed 19, 2014 11:45 am

We watched Frozen last night. I guess I enjoyed it. Don't understand all the hoopla, though. I WAS really glad to see strong female characters who accepted the help of men, but didn't NEED it. No Knights in Shining Armor Required. As a mom of two daughters, I liked that a lot! :)

By the time the trolls were singing, I was tired of songs. Seriously.

Visually it's really nice. Great story, and the characters weren't completely one-dimensional. Except Olaf, but whatever. :)

So I guess i enjoyed it, but it hasn't come anywhere near to displacing my favorite Disney of all time - Peter Pan - or my favorite Pixar - Monsters, Inc.
Polynesian 1980
All-Star Movies 2001
Pop Century 2008
Saratoga Springs 2010
Bay Lake Tower 2012
Hyatt Place Anaheim Resort/Convention Center 2015
Marriott Anaheim Suites 2016

Lunamoon
Horseless Carriage Chauffeur
Horseless Carriage Chauffeur

Post by Lunamoon » Aug Mon 11, 2014 4:40 pm

This movie was pretty good, but it's not something I would watch over and over again. I went to see it because Idina Menzel was in it. I happen to like Idina Menzel and her voice. She fit perfectcly as " The Snow Queen". The song she sings, "Let It Go", can get annoying since almost everyone I know sings it 24/7. I compared the songs Idina Menzel sang to the Broadway show she preformed in, "Wicked" to the songs she sang in this movie and they have a lot of similarities.
- LunaMoon :ccat: