Monsters University!

Movies, TV, music, and more. Here's the place to talk about anything Disney outside of the parks.

Moderator: Moderators

Mupsy90
Autopian Mechanic
Autopian Mechanic

Monsters University!

Post by Mupsy90 » Jun Sun 09, 2013 9:15 pm

Is anyone else as excited as I am?
I've been all up on the websites getting super pumped for this movie!

This one is so freaking cool! I really want the window decal they sell in the shop.
http://monstersuniversity.com/edu/about.html

And this website is super fun. I made a monster and played some fun games. (the ping pong one is hard) lol
http://disney.go.com/monsters-universit ... |||#/games

I can't wait! :ccat:

Len90
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Re: Monsters University!

Post by Len90 » Jun Sun 09, 2013 11:43 pm

Definitely planning on seeing the movie. I do think refreshing my memory on Monsters Inc. will be necessary as well.

As for the school, it looks way cooler than Rutgers was and where I am going next for grad school. Probably should have applied there.
- Len90
"If you can dream it, you can do it. Always remember that this whole thing was started with a dream and a mouse."
"Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday, tomorrow, and fantasy"

Mupsy90
Autopian Mechanic
Autopian Mechanic

Post by Mupsy90 » Jun Mon 10, 2013 8:37 am

I need to re-watch Monsters Inc. as well!

As for the schools, Agreed! It looks so awesome!

LOL theres a game (or a quiz I guess) called the MAT. I took it..didn't do so well lol got maybe half the questions right

cy1229
Country Bear Jamboree Greeter
Country Bear Jamboree Greeter

Post by cy1229 » Jun Mon 10, 2013 11:20 am

I'm seriously torn about a sequel to Monsters, Inc. On the one hand, MI is my FAVORITE Pixar movie, and almost my favorite movie of all time. On the other hand, I like it so much, that I am a little concerned that a sequel will "spoil" the story. Oh, I'm sure we'll go see it, I just have mixed feelings of excitement and apprehension.
Polynesian 1980
All-Star Movies 2001
Pop Century 2008
Saratoga Springs 2010
Bay Lake Tower 2012
Hyatt Place Anaheim Resort/Convention Center 2015
Marriott Anaheim Suites 2016

Cardinals314
Peter Pan's Flight Pixie Duster
Peter Pan's Flight Pixie Duster

Post by Cardinals314 » Jun Tue 11, 2013 10:20 pm

I think it is going to be another good Pixar movie, but I am not expecting it to be a great Pixar movie. It will probably fall in the middle of the pack for me. I am more excited for the Frozen trailer playing before Monsters University. There is finally advertisement for this movie
My WDW Trip Report March 2013

"I don't want to be a product of my environment. I want my environment to be a product of me"

wxwiz
Dumbo Flying Elephants Tamer
Dumbo Flying Elephants Tamer

Post by wxwiz » Jun Fri 14, 2013 7:38 am

Read some mixed reviews so far for it, but will eventually see it.

I am Sulley
Autopian Mechanic
Autopian Mechanic

Post by I am Sulley » Jun Fri 14, 2013 2:22 pm

Mupsy90 wrote:I need to re-watch Monsters Inc. as well!
Clearly I have no need to re-watch my first film :lol:
However due to my current location I will be unable to read this thread for a few weeks yet..........just in case :wink:
Don't want to get caught up in what people have to say until I have checked it out myself
Hope you all enjoy it :)

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Jun Fri 14, 2013 8:28 pm

I'm attending Monsters University scare school at the Disney Store in the morning! When I called and checked on times they kept saying, "your kid" this and "your kid" that. Almost made me think I should try to borrow my friends' kids :shock: almost... :lol:
They are getting too old for fun things like that anyhow ~ they are too cool :roll:

Len90
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Len90 » Jun Fri 14, 2013 11:22 pm

Amy wrote:I'm attending Monsters University scare school at the Disney Store in the morning! When I called and checked on times they kept saying, "your kid" this and "your kid" that. Almost made me think I should try to borrow my friends' kids :shock: almost... :lol:
They are getting too old for fun things like that anyhow ~ they are too cool :roll:
Don't worry. There are a few of us on here that will be attending scare school tomorrow as well. Seems like it will be around 30-45 minutes long since they are running it 10:30, 11:30, and 12:30. I just hope I can get an A to maintain my GPA!
- Len90
"If you can dream it, you can do it. Always remember that this whole thing was started with a dream and a mouse."

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Jun Sat 15, 2013 6:21 am

Len90 wrote:
Amy wrote:I'm attending Monsters University scare school at the Disney Store in the morning! When I called and checked on times they kept saying, "your kid" this and "your kid" that. Almost made me think I should try to borrow my friends' kids :shock: almost... :lol:
Don't worry. There are a few of us on here that will be attending scare school tomorrow as well. Seems like it will be around 30-45 minutes long since they are running it 10:30, 11:30, and 12:30. I just hope I can get an A to maintain my GPA!
The young lady I talked to when I called yesterday to confirm that our store was participating seemed a bit fuzzy on the details. They are opening at 9 with a special hour for Disney Visa cardholders. I asked if the events would be taking place at 9 and she said yes, and also at the 10:30, 11:30 and 12:30 times. So hopefully I can be in and out fairly early. F1gment didn't want to get up to go to the early one, and she wasn't all that excited about going to the later times either so I figured I might as well go early :goofy_bounce: I've been practicing my best friendly, scary face :mrgreen:

Len90
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Len90 » Jun Sat 15, 2013 1:13 pm

Mupsy90 and I are now proud alumni of scare class. We mastered out scarey feet and everything else.
- Len90

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Jun Sat 15, 2013 2:27 pm

Len90 wrote:Mupsy90 and I are now proud alumni of scare class. We mastered out scarey feet and everything else.
Did you pick your monster names?

Len90
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Len90 » Jun Sat 15, 2013 10:23 pm

Amy wrote:
Len90 wrote:Mupsy90 and I are now proud alumni of scare class. We mastered out scarey feet and everything else.
Did you pick your monster names?
I think we both ended up using are regular human first names as they are scary enough. It's a cute thing and I do hope they do more things like this for other movies.
- Len90

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Jun Sat 15, 2013 11:29 pm

Another question out of curiosity ~ did your professor read from a script for your class?

Len90
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Len90 » Jun Sat 15, 2013 11:52 pm

Amy wrote:Another question out of curiosity ~ did your professor read from a script for your class?
No. Pretty much just followed the TV screen. The CM who played the professor tried to be personable.
- Len90