My Disney Treasures

Movies, TV, music, and more. Here's the place to talk about anything Disney outside of the parks.

Moderator: Moderators

Searlproudbottom
Main Street Cinema Projectionist

Re: My Disney Treasures

Post by Searlproudbottom » Feb Sat 09, 2013 12:25 pm

A couple of Full Books of matches.
I'm not sure of the year.
Remember the old days when there were matches and ash treys in every hotel room.

Len90
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Len90 » Feb Wed 13, 2013 12:49 am

I'll get pictures up in the next day or so, but I have a restaurant check holder that I um borrowed a few years ago and have kept forgetting to return. I also have a menu from Tony's that I saved from getting ripped up. Those are really my unique items as I have all my old keys to the world, park maps, time guides, Block Party Bash nerf balls, confetti, etc.
- Len90
"If you can dream it, you can do it. Always remember that this whole thing was started with a dream and a mouse."
"Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday, tomorrow, and fantasy"

Searlproudbottom

Post by Searlproudbottom » Feb Wed 13, 2013 9:49 am

That's great that you saved them. I would love to see your treasures.
Searl

cy1229
Country Bear Jamboree Greeter
Country Bear Jamboree Greeter

Post by cy1229 » Feb Fri 22, 2013 1:19 pm

This isn't a treasure...

...yet...

but I thought I'd share with you something the hubby got me. When we were at WDW in October of last year, I bought the pin, and he found the map and button on eBay and gave them to me for Christmas. So we'll just pass them along to our great-great-great-grandchildren and maybe they'll be able to go out to a nice dinner. :lol:

Polynesian 1980
All-Star Movies 2001
Pop Century 2008
Saratoga Springs 2010
Bay Lake Tower 2012
Hyatt Place Anaheim Resort/Convention Center 2015
Marriott Anaheim Suites 2016

Searlproudbottom

Post by Searlproudbottom » Feb Fri 22, 2013 8:47 pm

Nice Treasures Cy
I really like the the three all displayed together.
I could see them in a frame hanging on the wall.
Your Grandchildren are lucky to have you.

Searl

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Feb Fri 22, 2013 10:05 pm

Cool set cy1229! I, too, wonder how long it will be before the park map and button have any real value though. Did they ever say how many they distributed that day at EPCOT? I have a park map and button due to the very thoughtful dichuy :D

Soarin08
Skyway Loader
Skyway Loader

Post by Soarin08 » Feb Sat 23, 2013 2:23 pm

I tried getting a set for MmeLeota but they wouldn't give me an extra... Turned out the Epcot cast hoarded all the extras for THEIR friends and family. :x

Sharonofwindham
Shooting Galleries Gun Cleaner
Shooting Galleries Gun Cleaner

Post by Sharonofwindham » May Sun 05, 2013 10:49 am

I treasure a little matchbox that I got in Ft. Wilderness in 1989. It's the cutest thing, with the FW logo on one side, and a firefly on the other with it's bottom lit up. I also have a shampoo/conditioner bottle from the same visit. They were elegant looking little bottles with a perfectly round mauve colored screw on cap, and a classic mickey head in grey & white with WDW Resorts written out around him. On the back was a full classic Mickey printed in gray. :mickey:. Sorry, I don't even own a camera, so no photos :(

MmeLeota
Pack Mules Wrangler
Pack Mules Wrangler

Post by MmeLeota » May Mon 06, 2013 9:54 am

Soarin08 wrote:I tried getting a set for MmeLeota but they wouldn't give me an extra... Turned out the Epcot cast hoarded all the extras for THEIR friends and family. :x
It's ok. I really appreciate the effort though! :D
(I think they were selling them on eBay too...that's where I ended up getting my set)

Somewhere I have some stuff from my first visit to WDW in 1992, a bunch of Disneyland tickets (that I bought on eBay, though I'm sure my father still has some lingering around somewhere from our trips when I was little), a wooden chip from Paradise Pier that we found during the preview days, along with various little things we've kept over the years like napkins, bags and stuff...however, I have no clue as to where any of it is at this point. :(

SorcererDonald16
Autopian Mechanic
Autopian Mechanic

Post by SorcererDonald16 » May Sat 11, 2013 1:53 am

I've been doing some spring cleaning and came across my original WDW tickets from my first trip in 1993. I will have to take a pic after Mother's Day busyness is over.

Otherwise, I have the usual. Saved park maps (including one from AK's opening year), sealed resort soaps, gift bags and receipts, etc. The only unusual thing I have is the in room dining menu from Wilderness lodge that accidentally came home with us 3-4 years ago. And I thought prices were bad then! :lol:

elizabethswann
Pirates of the Caribbean Buccaneer
Pirates of the Caribbean Buccaneer

Post by elizabethswann » May Sat 11, 2013 3:00 pm

Let's see here...

I have over eleven Disney books, which some are planning books for Disney World. I have a Belle music box, numerous pins for pin trading (though I mostly collect them), various park maps from throughout the years, my silhouette I got with Peter Pan hanging on my wall, a Haunted Mansion attic portrait, my Disney World plastic carry-on luggage, my ever growing collection of Mickey ear hats and I'm very fond of my England Mickey ears because the Cast Members at Disneyland fall in love with it whenever I wear it, a lot of pressed pennies of my favorite characters, and my recent addition to the collection: my tattoo https://fbcdn-sphotos-g-a.akamaihd.net/ ... 7969_n.jpg. I'm sure that will grow since I have another one in mind.