Disney Movie Rewards

Movies, TV, music, and more. Here's the place to talk about anything Disney outside of the parks.

Moderator: Moderators

snomasnayr
Motor Boat Cruise Skipper

Disney Movie Rewards

Post by snomasnayr » Jan Tue 08, 2013 11:36 am

I got started with the Disney Movie Rewards yesterday (the 7th). It is really cool, being able to get free movies and stuff if you save the points.

Anyway, I was wondering if any of you participated and, if you did, what did you get?
Also, if you are not participating and don't plan to, will you let me have your codes? (As long as it doesn't violate Disney's rules) I figured it wouldn't hurt to ask, especially if I can get some free points. :goofy:

Thanks

theBIGyowski
Tom Sawyer Island Rafts Skipper
Tom Sawyer Island Rafts Skipper

Re: Disney Movie Rewards

Post by theBIGyowski » Jan Wed 09, 2013 1:31 pm

DW and I participate in it...but haven't used any of our points. I think we have a little over 3,000 points right now.

I hate that all of the VHS tapes DW has don't have codes...or we would have a ton of them.

1986: Offsite
1997: Offsite
2001: Coronado Springs
2008: Shades of Green / Saratoga Springs (WDW Half Marathon)
2009: Port Orleans French Quarter (WDW Half Marathon)
2010: Port Orleans Riverside (Honeymoon)
2011: Old Key West / Bay Lake Tower
2014: Kidani Village
2015: Old Key West (5th Wedding Anniversary)
2016: Old Key West (Kids' first WDW vacation in December!)

MmeLeota
Pack Mules Wrangler
Pack Mules Wrangler

Post by MmeLeota » Jan Wed 09, 2013 6:13 pm

We participate and haven't used our points either...we keep saving them for something really good...not sure what that will be yet.

What's nice is how they've added the ability to earn points when you go to the theater too. I'm not sure if it's available on all Disney movies or not, but it usually mentions something on the site about it.

I agree, BIG. Between the old VHS tapes and a good number of DVDs we owned before DMR existed... :?

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Jan Wed 09, 2013 9:32 pm

I've got points, but not a lot. Like MmeLeota, I'm waiting for something good. I do like the newsletters that they send that offer a free code, and the scavenger hunts they do are fun ~ and a good way to earn more points. I don't buy many movies, so the points are building slowly...

snomasnayr

Post by snomasnayr » Jan Thu 10, 2013 12:37 am

theBIGyowski wrote:DW and I participate in it...but haven't used any of our points. I think we have a little over 3,000 points right now.

I hate that all of the VHS tapes DW has don't have codes...or we would have a ton of them.

Maybe we should petition Disney to give us codes. My family has a little over 2,000 points right now. We just started two days ago.
Disney offers that Blu-ray player for 6,000 but it only cost about $60. You buy 60 $20 DVDs (total of $1,200) and they'll send you a Blu-ray player. Hmm... I guess that's a good deal. At least you have those movies.

Len90
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Len90 » Jan Thu 10, 2013 1:03 am

I have been taking part in DMR for a few years now. I have taken advantage of some of the exclusive offers they had like a Bambi poster you got for just S/H and no point cost. I currently have just under 6,400 points in my account. I have been saving up my points for something nice that I hope to get in the near future. I did recently cash in for the limited Fantasyland special pin they had. It cost me 600 points and the pin actually arrived within two weeks. I do think movies, especially the 3D blu-ray combo packs should be worth more than 200 points each. However, they did recently give away a lot of points (newsletters, 25 days of christmas, and new years's).

Recently I noticed on some items they offer two redemption options. One where you use more points and get free s/h and the other where you use fewer points and pay for s/h.
- Len90
"If you can dream it, you can do it. Always remember that this whole thing was started with a dream and a mouse."
"Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday, tomorrow, and fantasy"

snomasnayr

Post by snomasnayr » Jan Sat 12, 2013 5:46 pm

Len90 wrote:I have been taking part in DMR for a few years now. I have taken advantage of some of the exclusive offers they had like a Bambi poster you got for just S/H and no point cost. I currently have just under 6,400 points in my account. I have been saving up my points for something nice that I hope to get in the near future. I did recently cash in for the limited Fantasyland special pin they had. It cost me 600 points and the pin actually arrived within two weeks. I do think movies, especially the 3D blu-ray combo packs should be worth more than 200 points each. However, they did recently give away a lot of points (newsletters, 25 days of christmas, and new years's).

Recently I noticed on some items they offer two redemption options. One where you use more points and get free s/h and the other where you use fewer points and pay for s/h.
I think that our Cars 2 DVD/Blu-ray combo pack was worth 150 points. I do think it should've been 200 or 250. If I bought just the DVD I probably would have gotten 100 points. If I bought the Blu-ray I would want to get 150 points. Still, 150 for that is better than 100.

Len90
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Len90 » Jan Mon 14, 2013 12:29 am

Here is my thinking on this... For each 3D blu-ray combo pack you get 200 points. They just added Tron 3D combo as a reward and have it valued at 2,000 points or 1,400 plus $3.95 s/h. They are saying in this that 600 points are worth 4 dollars or three blu-ray combo packs between $30 and $45 each. That means you earn 600 points by spending $90-$135 on products.

It also seems like the base return rate is like 10% given that you can get a free 3D combo pack after purchasing 10.
- Len90
"If you can dream it, you can do it. Always remember that this whole thing was started with a dream and a mouse."

snomasnayr

Post by snomasnayr » Jan Mon 14, 2013 4:22 pm

Len90 wrote:Here is my thinking on this... For each 3D blu-ray combo pack you get 200 points. They just added Tron 3D combo as a reward and have it valued at 2,000 points or 1,400 plus $3.95 s/h. They are saying in this that 600 points are worth 4 dollars or three blu-ray combo packs between $30 and $45 each. That means you earn 600 points by spending $90-$135 on products.

It also seems like the base return rate is like 10% given that you can get a free 3D combo pack after purchasing 10.

I didn't quite understand the last part about the 10% return rate, but I understood the rest of it. That's pretty cool. Now I can get a feel for how much a DVD might cost me if I just bought it at the store based on the 600 point = $4. Thanks for that.

Jacca5660
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Jacca5660 » Jan Mon 14, 2013 4:44 pm

We have a vast collection of Disney movies (I mean it's all most a complete collection through 2004) on VHS (I'm in the process of digitizing them all), do you think Disney would give me credit for what have all ready bought?
"Our dreams can come true - if we have the courage to pursue them" WED

"There's a fine prow on that steamer, let's climb aboard her!" Fireside

"You're off the map mateys..Here there be SeaMonsters!!"

The original "LICENSE MAYHEM MARAUDER!!ImageImage

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Jan Mon 14, 2013 10:21 pm

Jacca5660 wrote:We have a vast collection of Disney movies (I mean it's all most a complete collection through 2004) on VHS (I'm in the process of digitizing them all), do you think Disney would give me credit for what have all ready bought?
Nope. And they would probably be very angry that you were digitizing them yourself. They would want you to go out and buy them again!

Wizzard419
Pirates of the Caribbean Buccaneer
Pirates of the Caribbean Buccaneer

Post by Wizzard419 » Jan Mon 14, 2013 10:40 pm

Yeah, funny thing about digitizing your collection, while you most likely paid for it, the penalties are stiffer (in the unlikely event you got caught) than if you pirated the same movies. :D

Len90
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Len90 » Jan Tue 15, 2013 12:15 am

snomasnayr wrote:
Len90 wrote:Here is my thinking on this... For each 3D blu-ray combo pack you get 200 points. They just added Tron 3D combo as a reward and have it valued at 2,000 points or 1,400 plus $3.95 s/h. They are saying in this that 600 points are worth 4 dollars or three blu-ray combo packs between $30 and $45 each. That means you earn 600 points by spending $90-$135 on products.

I didn't quite understand the last part about the 10% return rate, but I understood the rest of it. That's pretty cool. Now I can get a feel for how much a DVD might cost me if I just bought it at the store based on the 600 point = $4. Thanks for that.
Well not even that 600 points costs $4. It's just in that instance it would be like that and is part of the reason why I feel the point system is a bit unfair at DMR.

As for the 10% return rate, just think that if you enter 10 blu ray 3D combo packs you can redeem your points for a free blu ray 3D combo pack. Those all usually cost around the same price so you get 10% back in theory. It's some crazy math that I have done in my head.

However, if I was to use this to further show the inconsistency in the points... So each 200 point movie can be dollar valued to about $3-$4. However, on the example I listed earlier DMR puts the $4 s/h valued at 600 points. I'm sure I probably confused everyone by now, but the moral of my posts is that the point system is just unfair and needs to be revised.
- Len90

Jacca5660
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Jacca5660 » Jan Tue 15, 2013 1:15 pm

Wizzard419 wrote:Yeah, funny thing about digitizing your collection, while you most likely paid for it, the penalties are stiffer (in the unlikely event you got caught) than if you pirated the same movies. :D
I'm not sharing them with anybody. I'm just protecting my collection. I thought VHS were yours when you bought them? How many people know how to run their VCR through their computer??
"Our dreams can come true - if we have the courage to pursue them" WED

"There's a fine prow on that steamer, let's climb aboard her!" Fireside

"You're off the map mateys..Here there be SeaMonsters!!"

The original "LICENSE MAYHEM MARAUDER!!ImageImage

dstrawn9889
Snow White's Adventures Gem Miner
Snow White's Adventures Gem Miner

Post by dstrawn9889 » Jan Tue 15, 2013 5:42 pm

they make it so anyone with money can do it... they have a usb module for just that purpose