Disney Movie Rewards

Movies, TV, music, and more. Here's the place to talk about anything Disney outside of the parks.

Moderator: Moderators

theBIGyowski
Tom Sawyer Island Rafts Skipper

Re: Disney Movie Rewards

Post by theBIGyowski » Nov Wed 20, 2013 1:16 pm

I had a few thousand points that I didn't know what to do with...and thankfully Disney released $10 Disney Gift Cards for 1,000 points each. I got 3 of them knowing DW and I will be at WDW in less than 2 months so we'll put the gift cards to good use.

Here's the link for anyone interested: $10 Disney Gift Card

1986: Offsite
1997: Offsite
2001: Coronado Springs
2008: Shades of Green / Saratoga Springs (WDW Half Marathon)
2009: Port Orleans French Quarter (WDW Half Marathon)
2010: Port Orleans Riverside (Honeymoon)
2011: Old Key West / Bay Lake Tower
2014: Kidani Village
2015: Old Key West (5th Wedding Anniversary)
2016: Old Key West (Kids' first WDW vacation in December!)

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Nov Wed 20, 2013 1:20 pm

theBIGyowski wrote:I had a few thousand points that I didn't know what to do with...and thankfully Disney released $10 Disney Gift Cards for 1,000 points each. I got 3 of them knowing DW and I will be at WDW in less than 2 months so we'll put the gift cards to good use.

Here's the link for anyone interested: $10 Disney Gift Card
That might come in handy before our next trip. I don't have very many points but I never see things I really want on there either. Gift cards are helpful on trips for sure :D

theBIGyowski

Post by theBIGyowski » Nov Wed 20, 2013 1:23 pm

yeah...they only offer the gift cards every now and then...so I knew I had to get them while I could

a few of these babies in my pocket means a counter service meal or two in January :)

ZenMondo
Fantasyland Theater Projectionist

Post by ZenMondo » Jan Mon 06, 2014 5:21 pm

I love the Disney Movie Rewards program. I had a pretty good point balance many years ago, but then I sat on it for a long time and did not have any activity for a while, and big chunk of my points expired. After that, I be sure to get things once and a while. Some of the coolest things I got was the "Ellie Badge" from Up, and the two-DVD set of Disney Treasures with all the silent "Oswald the Lucky Rabbit" cartoons, which I could not find in the stores or anywhere else online anywhere, so that was pretty great.

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Jan Mon 06, 2014 5:48 pm

ZenMondo wrote:I love the Disney Movie Rewards program. I had a pretty good point balance many years ago, but then I sat on it for a long time and did not have any activity for a while, and big chunk of my points expired. After that, I be sure to get things once and a while. Some of the coolest things I got was the "Ellie Badge" from Up, and the two-DVD set of Disney Treasures with all the silent "Oswald the Lucky Rabbit" cartoons, which I could not find in the stores or anywhere else online anywhere, so that was pretty great.
Cool! I never see anything that I am interested in, but then again, I don't have very many points either :roll:

ZenMondo

Post by ZenMondo » Jan Mon 06, 2014 5:57 pm

I go in fits and spurts with my Disney purchases. (right now in a spurt). Remember there are other things you can get points for too, like movie tickets and soundtrack CDs.

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Jan Tue 21, 2014 8:00 pm

I'm sure most everyone gets these emails, but just in case you missed it, there is an offer from Disney Movie Rewards for a free Blu-ray when you enter three participating codes. It is good until 3/31/14.

MmeLeota
Pack Mules Wrangler
Pack Mules Wrangler

Post by MmeLeota » Jan Tue 21, 2014 8:31 pm

Amy wrote:I'm sure most everyone gets these emails, but just in case you missed it, there is an offer from Disney Movie Rewards for a free Blu-ray when you enter three participating codes. It is good until 3/31/14.
Well, I guess procrastination will pay off this time... :D

theBIGyowski

Post by theBIGyowski » Jan Tue 21, 2014 9:37 pm

I think we have purchased a few movies over the past few months that I have not entered yet. Maybe I can get this free Blu-Ray.

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Jan Tue 21, 2014 10:45 pm

theBIGyowski wrote:I think we have purchased a few movies over the past few months that I have not entered yet. Maybe I can get this free Blu-Ray.
The ones to choose from for free are Secretariat, Dumbo, Tron Legacy, and Cars...I looked but didn't really see what the "eligible" titles are for the three codes you have to enter to be able to get the free one.

theBIGyowski

Post by theBIGyowski » Jan Wed 22, 2014 10:31 am

Yeah...I think we have Dumbo and Cars...and I've seen Tron Legacy. I haven't seen Secretariat yet...not sure if it's one I would want to own.

MmeLeota
Pack Mules Wrangler
Pack Mules Wrangler

Post by MmeLeota » Jan Wed 22, 2014 10:44 am

We gathered up our codes and earned ourselves a "free" DVD/Blu-ray combo pack. We chose Cars since A) we only have it on DVD and not Blu-ray and B) that DVD is currently missing.
(the only other one we don't have on Blu-ray is TRON: Legacy)

So you have to pay $3.95 for shipping/processing, and we had to pay tax because of our state...but $4.17 for a Blu-ray combo pack? Sure! If you've got some codes laying around, why not? It is limited to one offer per account though...

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Jan Wed 22, 2014 10:54 am

MmeLeota wrote:We gathered up our codes and earned ourselves a "free" DVD/Blu-ray combo pack. We chose Cars since A) we only have it on DVD and not Blu-ray and B) that DVD is currently missing.

So you have to pay $3.95 for shipping/processing, and we had to pay tax because of our state...but $4.17 for a Blu-ray combo pack? Sure! If you've got some codes laying around, why not? It is limited to one offer per account though...
Can't beat the deal for sure! We don't have a blu-ray yet, although I think Figment's computer can play them...but I would get one if I had the codes as I'm sure eventually I'll have a player....maybe.

MmeLeota
Pack Mules Wrangler
Pack Mules Wrangler

Post by MmeLeota » Jan Wed 22, 2014 11:03 am

Amy wrote:
MmeLeota wrote:We gathered up our codes and earned ourselves a "free" DVD/Blu-ray combo pack. We chose Cars since A) we only have it on DVD and not Blu-ray and B) that DVD is currently missing.

Can't beat the deal for sure! We don't have a blu-ray yet, although I think Figment's computer can play them...but I would get one if I had the codes as I'm sure eventually I'll have a player....maybe.
That's what started us collecting the combo packs. We knew we didn't have a Blu-ray yet, but would eventually get one. The nice thing is that it won't go to waste if you don't have Blu-ray since there's also a DVD in there. :D

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Jan Wed 22, 2014 2:35 pm

MmeLeota wrote:
Amy wrote:

That's what started us collecting the combo packs. We knew we didn't have a Blu-ray yet, but would eventually get one. The nice thing is that it won't go to waste if you don't have Blu-ray since there's also a DVD in there. :D
Oh! I didn't know that! Even better!! :D