Why Hide the Music?

Movies, TV, music, and more. Here's the place to talk about anything Disney outside of the parks.

Moderator: Moderators

swiley
Fire Engine Driver
Fire Engine Driver

Why Hide the Music?

Post by swiley » Nov Thu 22, 2012 10:56 am

OK, I'm new to this site, but boy does it seem complicated.

I'm trying to obtain the Melora Hardin song "The Boy of My Dreams", which was sung in Disney's Tower of Terror movie . . .

This song doesn't pull up in a title search. Can't find out if it is available on an extended play loop for Tower of Terror "area music" or not.

Any help?

Jacca5660
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Re: Why Hide the Music?

Post by Jacca5660 » Nov Thu 22, 2012 11:05 am

swiley wrote:OK, I'm new to this site, but boy does it seem complicated.

I'm trying to obtain the Melora Hardin song "The Boy of My Dreams", which was sung in Disney's Tower of Terror movie . . .

This song doesn't pull up in a title search. Can't find out if it is available on an extended play loop for Tower of Terror "area music" or not.

Any help?
You can't "obtain" music on Subsonic. Sorry
"Our dreams can come true - if we have the courage to pursue them" WED

"There's a fine prow on that steamer, let's climb aboard her!" Fireside

"You're off the map mateys..Here there be SeaMonsters!!"

The original "LICENSE MAYHEM MARAUDER!!ImageImage

Wizzard419
Pirates of the Caribbean Buccaneer

Post by Wizzard419 » Nov Thu 22, 2012 1:01 pm

Also, it isn't since the loops in circulation do not use anything from the movie.

Arvorenn
Autopian Mechanic
Autopian Mechanic

Post by Arvorenn » Nov Thu 22, 2012 3:26 pm

Besides, there is no real incentive for everyone to try and catalogue every bit of identifiable music that turns up in one of the loops. On the one hand, those often are only snippets and on the other, it simply is too much (not to mention there isn't a way to add the additional information with the current system). And, really, why should anyone bother? The loops are great to listen to as a whole, not just because a specific part may or may not be in there (well, maybe not in Expedition Everest...some parts can ruin the whole thing :mrgreen:). It's not "hiding" the music, it's more like enjoying the full loops.

Of course, it is easy to see that it might be annoying for someone who wants to own a specific piece, but that is not possible here anyway, as Jacca already pointed out.

Wizzard419

Post by Wizzard419 » Nov Thu 22, 2012 5:51 pm

There are entire sites devoted to just that, they are really weird people since they think they are historians, own the stuff they "document", and also not breaking laws.