Disney Music - So Hard to Find

Movies, TV, music, and more. Here's the place to talk about anything Disney outside of the parks.

Moderator: Moderators

swiley
Fire Engine Driver
Fire Engine Driver

Disney Music - So Hard to Find

Post by swiley » Nov Thu 22, 2012 10:52 am

I simply love the song "The Boy of My Dreams" by Melora Hardin.

Why is it so hard to find / download? Looks like Disney kept the rights to this song.

I have searched Disney's Subsonic, iTunes, and Amazon - all without request.

Don't mind paying for it - just want to find it.

Any help out there?

Thanks.

Wizzard419
Pirates of the Caribbean Buccaneer

Re: Disney Music - So Hard to Find

Post by Wizzard419 » Nov Thu 22, 2012 1:14 pm

Considering it was a TV movie, they probably never released a soundtrack so you won't be able to find the song. Your likely only option, which is also not legal, would be to buy the movie on dvd and do an audio recording of the song.

Or you can use a service like offliberty.com and just as a random example, paste in something like http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hH8czai0des and let it do it's thing. :D

That is also illegeal but odly, the pentalty for that is less than if you purchased a copy and ripped audio.

Jacca5660
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Jacca5660 » Nov Fri 23, 2012 9:45 am

Wizzard419 wrote:Considering it was a TV movie, they probably never released a soundtrack so you won't be able to find the song. Your likely only option, which is also not legal, would be to buy the movie on dvd and do an audio recording of the song.

Or you can use a service like offliberty.com and just as a random example, paste in something like http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hH8czai0des and let it do it's thing. :D

That is also illegeal but odly, the pentalty for that is less than if you purchased a copy and ripped audio.
Wizzard how is it you know the legality of these actions? If you have Cool Edit Pro, you can capture any audio on your computer since it operates on the back/speaker end of the process. I'm just saying or have been told. :) :?
"Our dreams can come true - if we have the courage to pursue them" WED

"There's a fine prow on that steamer, let's climb aboard her!" Fireside

"You're off the map mateys..Here there be SeaMonsters!!"

The original "LICENSE MAYHEM MARAUDER!!ImageImage

Wizzard419

Post by Wizzard419 » Nov Fri 23, 2012 11:41 am

Because some of the people at work deal with the legal side of DRM. Though this one is a little more obvious since it falls into the same realm as ripping a record or casette. For some weird reason the law seems to view the music on a CD differently than the music on a record. So you can rip a CD onto your machine no problem, but since you have to physically play the record and re-record it that is considered unauthorized reproduction.

The biggest stumbling blocks people miss with this sort of thing is that the notion of "I'm not doing it for profit, so it's ok" and claiming fair-use don't apply to them.