Christmas music on the radio.

Movies, TV, music, and more. Here's the place to talk about anything Disney outside of the parks.

Moderator: Moderators

snomasnayr
Motor Boat Cruise Skipper

Christmas music on the radio.

Post by snomasnayr » Nov Thu 01, 2012 8:11 pm

A day after Halloween :jack: .

You'd think that Christmas music wouldn't start on the radio 'till around Thanksgiving, but you'd be wrong. Here in Lexington, KY one radio station (Mix 94.5) just can't wait for Christmas, so they started playing Christmas music early (starting today).

I think it's crazy, but it's kind of nice to know that there's a radio station dedicated to holiday music--two months out of the year. It was kind of weird (weird to me) to be listening to that station today. I got in my truck, rolled the driver side window half way down (the truck was hot because it was parked in the sun and my truck doesn't have AC), and it was a bright, sunny day with a bright blue sky. I drove home listening to Christmas music. I couldn't really get in the Christmas mood, though. The weather was just too nice for me to really think of Christmas seriously.

Just wanted to share the news that Christmas music is officially here (in Lexington anyways) and wish all of you all a Merry Christmas! :D

If you wanna, we could all list our favorite Christmas song and/or favorite Disney Christmas stuff. I'll start out. I have a Coca-Cola plastic mug thing with Mickey, Minny, Goofy, Daisy, and Donald (I think they are all on it) that I got in Disney World for free in '07. I got it from Cosmic Rays Starlight Cafe'. One of my favorite Christmas songs is John Lennon's "Happy Christmas."

Jacca5660
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Re: Christmas music on the radio.

Post by Jacca5660 » Nov Fri 02, 2012 1:24 am

I look at it this way. A few years ago the stores here (Chattanooga) had Christmas decoration up on September 1. I agree this is much to early, but it could worse. Some of the TV channels are starting to play Christmas movies!!
"Our dreams can come true - if we have the courage to pursue them" WED

"There's a fine prow on that steamer, let's climb aboard her!" Fireside

"You're off the map mateys..Here there be SeaMonsters!!"

The original "LICENSE MAYHEM MARAUDER!!ImageImage

snomasnayr

Post by snomasnayr » Nov Fri 02, 2012 9:39 am

Jacca5660 wrote:I look at it this way. A few years ago the stores here (Chattanooga) had Christmas decoration up on September 1. I agree this is much to early, but it could worse. Some of the TV channels are starting to play Christmas movies!!
Christmas movies already!? That's going too far :D
I have also seen one Target Christmas commercial (twice) and my family has the Toys r Us Christmas toy magazine that was sent to us in the mail.

Christmas has been coming earlier and earlier each year. Kind of takes the fun out of it. :(

Sharonofwindham
Shooting Galleries Gun Cleaner
Shooting Galleries Gun Cleaner

Post by Sharonofwindham » Nov Sat 10, 2012 4:59 pm

I stepped into a popular department store the other night and they were playing Christmas music...to my surprise I enjoyed it :shock:. One of my faves is Sting's version of "The Angel Gabriel". That might not be the correct title. I have so many, depends what mood I'm in. Sometimes I would rather just hear all the classics sung by Perry Como :D.