Cinderella Diamond Edition Promotion at Sams Club

Movies, TV, music, and more. Here's the place to talk about anything Disney outside of the parks.

Moderator: Moderators

snomasnayr
Motor Boat Cruise Skipper

Cinderella Diamond Edition Promotion at Sams Club

Post by snomasnayr » Oct Sun 07, 2012 2:35 pm

I'm in Lexington, KY and my local Sams Club was advertising Cinderella Diamond Edition. The people who give the sample food where wearing aprons with the Cinderella DVD (or maybe Blu Ray) printed on the front and they had it playing on one of the TVs there. They were even giving out little Cinderella coloring books for little kids.

My question is, is anyone else's Sams Club doing the same thing? I would like to know if my Sams Club is the only one doing this promotion, and where did they get the Cinderella aprons?

PS-- if you live in Lexington, KY, your Sams Club counts as my Sams Club (unless you went to the one off Nicholassville Road).

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Re: Cinderella Diamond Edition Promotion at Sams Club

Post by Amy » Oct Sun 07, 2012 5:10 pm

I was at Sam's Club (in Northwestern Indiana) yesterday to get my flu shot and while I didn't notice the aprons being worn, I did see a coloring page of Cinderella on the sample cart giving out Oiko's yogurt samples. I also saw a display of Cinderella DVD's near the front of the store, but nothing obvious as a promotion of any kind.

snomasnayr

Post by snomasnayr » Oct Mon 08, 2012 8:25 am

Amy wrote:I was at Sam's Club (in Northwestern Indiana) yesterday to get my flu shot and while I didn't notice the aprons being worn, I did see a coloring page of Cinderella on the sample cart giving out Oiko's yogurt samples. I also saw a display of Cinderella DVD's near the front of the store, but nothing obvious as a promotion of any kind.
Hmm... I dunno what to think about it then. I wonder of Disney has anything to do with it, or if Sams Club might be trying to sell the movie on their own. Either case, they wanna sell the thing.

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Oct Mon 08, 2012 10:34 am

snomasnayr wrote:
Amy wrote:I was at Sam's Club (in Northwestern Indiana) yesterday to get my flu shot and while I didn't notice the aprons being worn, I did see a coloring page of Cinderella on the sample cart giving out Oiko's yogurt samples. I also saw a display of Cinderella DVD's near the front of the store, but nothing obvious as a promotion of any kind.
Hmm... I dunno what to think about it then. I wonder of Disney has anything to do with it, or if Sams Club might be trying to sell the movie on their own. Either case, they wanna sell the thing.
:lol: Maybe they got an extra case of DVD's in and are wanting to not lose money on them? :lol: Makes me curious enough to want to stop in to Sam's Club again later this week and see what's going on :D

snomasnayr

Post by snomasnayr » Oct Tue 09, 2012 7:39 pm

Amy wrote:
snomasnayr wrote:
:lol: Maybe they got an extra case of DVD's in and are wanting to not lose money on them? :lol: Makes me curious enough to want to stop in to Sam's Club again later this week and see what's going on :D
Where is your Sams Club?

Stop in there and let me know how it turns out.

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Oct Tue 09, 2012 8:02 pm

snomasnayr wrote:Where is your Sams Club?
Stop in there and let me know how it turns out.
The Sam's I go to is in Mishawaka, Indiana. About 25 miles from me. If I have time between lessons on Friday, I'll stop in and see if they are doing anything special this weekend :D

Len90
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Len90 » Oct Tue 16, 2012 12:25 am

I finally was at a Sams Club today and went over to the movie section to see if they had anything for Cinderella. I did notice a large display with both Blu-ray combo pack options (one with digital copy and one without digital copy). On the display they also showed a picture for a third collector's tin, which was not in stock at that location. I'm guessing the promotions they did in store were all part of the thing with the collector's tins.
- Len90
"If you can dream it, you can do it. Always remember that this whole thing was started with a dream and a mouse."
"Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday, tomorrow, and fantasy"

Wyntuck
Fantasyland Theater Projectionist
Fantasyland Theater Projectionist

Post by Wyntuck » Oct Thu 18, 2012 7:50 pm

has anyone seen the new wigs the face characters are wearing? They've been updated and they are horrible.

snomasnayr

Post by snomasnayr » Oct Fri 19, 2012 9:36 am

Wyntuck wrote:has anyone seen the new wigs the face characters are wearing? They've been updated and they are horrible.
New wigs? I guess I haven't seen them.

Goofyfan
Snow White's Adventures Gem Miner
Snow White's Adventures Gem Miner

Post by Goofyfan » Oct Sat 20, 2012 9:28 pm

Me either. :goofy: