The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh for VHS

Movies, TV, music, and more. Here's the place to talk about anything Disney outside of the parks.

Moderator: Moderators

cy1229
Country Bear Jamboree Greeter

Re: The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh for VHS

Post by cy1229 » Oct Fri 05, 2012 4:36 pm

Wizzard419 wrote:Now only old people would even buy spindles since NAS devices are so reasonable.
NAS?

And I still buy spindles of DVD's to put TV shows on DVD for my teaching friends. It's legal for them to use them within one year of broadcast.
Polynesian 1980
All-Star Movies 2001
Pop Century 2008
Saratoga Springs 2010
Bay Lake Tower 2012
Hyatt Place Anaheim Resort/Convention Center 2015
Marriott Anaheim Suites 2016

dstrawn9889
Snow White's Adventures Gem Miner
Snow White's Adventures Gem Miner

Post by dstrawn9889 » Oct Fri 05, 2012 6:21 pm

this was 8 years ago....

Wizzard419
Pirates of the Caribbean Buccaneer

Post by Wizzard419 » Oct Fri 05, 2012 8:29 pm

cy1229 wrote:
Wizzard419 wrote:Now only old people would even buy spindles since NAS devices are so reasonable.
NAS?

And I still buy spindles of DVD's to put TV shows on DVD for my teaching friends. It's legal for them to use them within one year of broadcast.

Network area storage

And....

Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo (let that go on for about 50 years) way in hell is it legal for you to replicate copyrighted materials for any purpose without express written permission. Fair use is only used after you're getting sued.

cy1229

Post by cy1229 » Oct Fri 05, 2012 9:35 pm

Wizzard419 wrote:
cy1229 wrote:
NAS?

Network area storage

And....

Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo (let that go on for about 50 years) way in hell is it legal for you to replicate copyrighted materials for any purpose without express written permission. Fair use is only used after you're getting sued.
Except for educational purposes. Trust me, my former district's attorney looked into it, said it was just fine to show a show, or portions of a show, from a recording of a TV show as long as it was within a year of the original broadcast date.
Polynesian 1980
All-Star Movies 2001
Pop Century 2008
Saratoga Springs 2010
Bay Lake Tower 2012
Hyatt Place Anaheim Resort/Convention Center 2015
Marriott Anaheim Suites 2016

Wizzard419

Post by Wizzard419 » Oct Fri 05, 2012 10:19 pm

The district's attorney is wrong, or the last time he checked was more than 5 years ago (then again, if they are a lawyer working for a school district, they aren't that good). Replication and rebroadcast are huge violations of the law now, though the feds or a publisher suing a school for showing a tv show (again) are unlikely. Also, when that law was (though they may have read it wrong) interpreted by the attny, it also most likely only applied to the teacher using it on their own class rather than a non-teacher (or present/former teacher) sharing it with others. The sticking point in US law is that you are making a copy of it to present to other people without permission. In other countries it is that you simply are making a copy.

Jacca5660
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Jacca5660 » Oct Fri 05, 2012 11:33 pm

Wizzard419 wrote:The district's attorney is wrong, or the last time he checked was more than 5 years ago (then again, if they are a lawyer working for a school district, they aren't that good). Replication and rebroadcast are huge violations of the law now, though the feds or a publisher suing a school for showing a tv show (again) are unlikely. Also, when that law was (though they may have read it wrong) interpreted by the attny, it also most likely only applied to the teacher using it on their own class rather than a non-teacher (or present/former teacher) sharing it with others. The sticking point in US law is that you are making a copy of it to present to other people without permission. In other countries it is that you simply are making a copy.
Wiz back on the MEDS!!
"Our dreams can come true - if we have the courage to pursue them" WED

"There's a fine prow on that steamer, let's climb aboard her!" Fireside

"You're off the map mateys..Here there be SeaMonsters!!"

The original "LICENSE MAYHEM MARAUDER!!ImageImage

Wizzard419

Post by Wizzard419 » Oct Fri 05, 2012 11:37 pm

You first...

Jacca5660
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Jacca5660 » Oct Fri 05, 2012 11:49 pm

I'm there!! Unfortunately, I live THERE!!
"Our dreams can come true - if we have the courage to pursue them" WED

"There's a fine prow on that steamer, let's climb aboard her!" Fireside

"You're off the map mateys..Here there be SeaMonsters!!"

The original "LICENSE MAYHEM MARAUDER!!ImageImage

snomasnayr
Motor Boat Cruise Skipper

Post by snomasnayr » Oct Fri 26, 2012 3:02 pm

I finally found my copy of The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh! I was looking for it when I made this post, but I found it. Yay!!! :hatter_bounce:

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Oct Fri 26, 2012 4:53 pm

snomasnayr wrote:I finally found my copy of The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh! I was looking for it when I made this post, but I found it. Yay!!! :hatter_bounce:
That's great news snomasnayr! I need you to come help me look for something ~ it's been lost for way more than a month :shock: :lol:

snomasnayr

Post by snomasnayr » Oct Fri 26, 2012 11:34 pm

Amy wrote:That's great news snomasnayr! I need you to come help me look for something ~ it's been lost for way more than a month :shock: :lol:
Sounds like a plan. Let's see... where did you see/have it last? Where haven't you looked? Check in your mattress, downstairs coat closet, under your couch (or in your potted plant in the living room if you're looking for a TV remote). You could check your other pair of pants or something. I dunno. I have no idea where you should look, especially since I don't know what it is you're looking for. If it's money you're looking for... you're on your own.

Good luck, and may the Force be with you. :D

snomasnayr

Post by snomasnayr » Oct Fri 26, 2012 11:38 pm

snomasnayr wrote:
Amy wrote:That's great news snomasnayr! I need you to come help me look for something ~ it's been lost for way more than a month :shock: :lol:
Sounds like a plan. Let's see... where did you see/have it last? Where haven't you looked? Check in your mattress, downstairs coat closet, under your couch (or in your potted plant in the living room if you're looking for a TV remote). You could check your other pair of pants or something. I dunno. I have no idea where you should look, especially since I don't know what it is you're looking for. If it's money you're looking for... you're on your own.

I just felt like throwing this out there, since I don't know where else to put it, but just spell "snomasnayr" backwards... and you'll get a surprise. Tell me what you get, make a guess as to what it is, and I'll tell you if you're right, or if you're wrong. I'll tell you what it is after you make your guess.

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Oct Sat 27, 2012 6:38 am

snomasnayr wrote:

:lol: I have misplaced our family reunion book. The bad part is I was entrusted with it a few years back because my Grandmother had been the recorder at family reunions for years. I tried very hard not to be saddled given such a responsibility because I knew it would likely end badly. It is here...somewhere... :shock: :lol:

Hmmm, as for your user name backwards, obviously that would come out as ryansamons ~ first guess would be your name. I also thought Ryan is a mouse, but there is a N there instead of a U...

snomasnayr

Post by snomasnayr » Oct Sat 27, 2012 1:43 pm

Amy wrote::lol: I have misplaced our family reunion book. The bad part is I was entrusted with it a few years back because my Grandmother had been the recorder at family reunions for years. I tried very hard not to be saddled given such a responsibility because I knew it would likely end badly. It is here...somewhere... :shock: :lol:

Hmmm, as for your user name backwards, obviously that would come out as ryansamons ~ first guess would be your name. I also thought Ryan is a mouse, but there is a N there instead of a U...
It's a shame that you lost your family reunion book, but it'll turn up... maybe.

ryansamons is my name, well, it's Ryan Samons. I think that the Samons used to have an "L" in it, so if someone asked my name I could say "Ryan Salmons, like the fish. ***uhh...***" Glad the "L" is gone.

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Oct Sat 27, 2012 1:48 pm

snomasnayr wrote:
Amy wrote::lol: I have misplaced our family reunion book. The bad part is I was entrusted with it a few years back because my Grandmother had been the recorder at family reunions for years. I tried very hard not to be saddled given such a responsibility because I knew it would likely end badly. It is here...somewhere... :shock: :lol:

It's a shame that you lost your family reunion book, but it'll turn up... maybe.

ryansamons is my name, well, it's Ryan Samons. I think that the Samons used to have an "L" in it, so if someone asked my name I could say "Ryan Salmons, like the fish. ***uhh...***" Glad the "L" is gone.
Aha ~ so it is your name! Well done. I always try to sound out the names and your user name is one that comes out like a snort or a mumble :lol: