Disney Fan Challenge

Movies, TV, music, and more. Here's the place to talk about anything Disney outside of the parks.

Moderator: Moderators

cousininmiami
Davy Crockett's Explorer Canoes Guide

Disney Fan Challenge

Post by cousininmiami » Sep Mon 24, 2012 11:26 am

I realized this morning while looking at the Disney stuff on my desk at work that I was a true Disney fan! I took a quick picture of anything I had Disney with me today. Do I have more or less around me at all times than other people?? I know my Sub family will appreciate my Disney obsession, so how do you show your love of all that's Disney? Oh... in addition to all the "stuff", I have an old Horizon's picture as the wallpaper on my computer and I am listening to Sub Yesterland!

Crocs filled with Disney!

My Disney Handbag and the stuff in it...

My Disney briefcase and laptop sleeve...

Disney mug and desk stuff...

And finally my Disney earrings, two in each ear!
°o° "...it's a great big beautiful tomorrow, shining at the end of every day" °o°

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Re: Disney Fan Challenge

Post by Amy » Sep Mon 24, 2012 12:17 pm

Nice! You really are Disney-fied today aren't you?
Did those cute Mickey containers with paper clips in them used to have candy? They look like they would be candy tins. Great idea ~ bet it makes you smile when you see them on your desk.
Love your Disney purse, accessories, laptop sleeve and briefcase! I looked for a laptop sleeve when we were there last time but I don't like the neoprene ones, they smell funny to me :( I ended up with one of the newer, plasticky ones, but my laptop rarely travels so I don't see it very often :roll:
Looking down and around, I see our Figment as a Spaceman VM (a lovely gift from NaCler), a Jack Skellington ballpoint pen (a gift from me to F1gment from our last trip), and a 75th year Disney clock with 3 Mickeys on it ~ Steamboat, Bandleader and Sorceror, and a Disney store bag ~ empty :( Not a stitch of Disney-fication on myself so I think I will have to run upstairs and put on some Mickey earrings before I head on out to teach! :mickey:

cousininmiami

Post by cousininmiami » Sep Mon 24, 2012 1:12 pm

That's a good idea Amy! I need to bring a Vinylmation for my desk at work! And yes the containers are the ones from the parks that used to have hard candy in them. I can't bring myself to throw anything Disney away so I find other uses for them. So I have a desk set of sorts for free, to hold paper clips, rubber bands etc.
:mickey:
°o° "...it's a great big beautiful tomorrow, shining at the end of every day" °o°

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Sep Mon 24, 2012 6:32 pm

I'm so glad you posted this cousininmiami. One of my more difficult students was in a great mood today, and even complimented my red "ruby" Mickey Mouse earrings :D I never would have thought to put them on if you hadn't shown your earrings off today :lol:

cy1229
Country Bear Jamboree Greeter
Country Bear Jamboree Greeter

Post by cy1229 » Sep Tue 25, 2012 7:04 am

I need to get me one of those Disney briefcases!! Sure would be awesome to drag all my junk through security on a business trip with a little pixie dust along for the ride.
Polynesian 1980
All-Star Movies 2001
Pop Century 2008
Saratoga Springs 2010
Bay Lake Tower 2012
Hyatt Place Anaheim Resort/Convention Center 2015
Marriott Anaheim Suites 2016

cousininmiami

Post by cousininmiami » Sep Tue 25, 2012 7:31 am

cy1229 wrote:I need to get me one of those Disney briefcases!! Sure would be awesome to drag all my junk through security on a business trip with a little pixie dust along for the ride.
Well, I just call it a briefcase but it's not really :oops: it's actually a kind of vinyl bag, and it all zips up; I bought it on EBAY last year for $32. I have used it ever since as my "briefcase" because it holds my laptop (it's quite wide), and has room for all my other things I bring back and forth to the office. It's 15" wide, 15" tall and 6" side to side, so it holds a lot!

snomasnayr
Motor Boat Cruise Skipper
Motor Boat Cruise Skipper

Post by snomasnayr » Oct Fri 26, 2012 3:13 pm

I've been wanting to respond to this post for a while now, I finally can. I finally realized that I had a Mickey Mouse watch on my wrist! It's Mickey in an explorer outfit on a brown background. It's got a kind of bronzish color, and it has glow-in-the-dark tips on the hands. I got it in Disney World in December of '07 for $30. I haven't had to change the battery yet, not that I remember.

Anyway, I'm glad that I can finally respond.

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Oct Fri 26, 2012 5:33 pm

snomasnayr wrote:I've been wanting to respond to this post for a while now, I finally can. I finally realized that I had a Mickey Mouse watch on my wrist! It's Mickey in an explorer outfit on a brown background. It's got a kind of bronzish color, and it has glow-in-the-dark tips on the hands. I got it in Disney World in December of '07 for $30. I haven't had to change the battery yet, not that I remember.

Anyway, I'm glad that I can finally respond.
Fun! And almost 5 years on a watch battery ~ well done!

dstrawn9889
Snow White's Adventures Gem Miner
Snow White's Adventures Gem Miner

Post by dstrawn9889 » Oct Sat 27, 2012 11:54 pm

how about desktop backgrounds.... my last job still has the prime desktop as a tiled picture of the purple/black moving eyes wallpaper, found in the HM... (the poor SoB they replaced me with hasnt figured out how to change it...)

elizabethswann
Pirates of the Caribbean Buccaneer
Pirates of the Caribbean Buccaneer

Post by elizabethswann » Oct Sun 28, 2012 3:46 am

I'll have to go gather up ALL my Disney stuff tomorrow and take photos. I can't even begin to imagine how much I have in my room.

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Oct Sun 28, 2012 7:14 am

dstrawn9889 wrote:how about desktop backgrounds.... my last job still has the prime desktop as a tiled picture of the purple/black moving eyes wallpaper, found in the HM... (the poor SoB they replaced me with hasnt figured out how to change it...)
:lol: That is too funny!! :hm_ghost:

Sharonofwindham
Shooting Galleries Gun Cleaner
Shooting Galleries Gun Cleaner

Post by Sharonofwindham » Nov Sat 10, 2012 5:07 pm

cousininmiami wrote:I realized this morning while looking at the Disney stuff on my desk at work that I was a true Disney fan! I took a quick picture of anything I had Disney with me today. Do I have more or less around me at all times than other people?? I know my Sub family will appreciate my Disney obsession, so how do you show your love of all that's Disney? Oh... in addition to all the "stuff", I have an old Horizon's picture as the wallpaper on my computer and I am listening to Sub Yesterland!

Crocs filled with Disney!

My Disney Handbag and the stuff in it...

My Disney briefcase and laptop sleeve...

Disney mug and desk stuff...

And finally my Disney earrings, two in each ear!
No way I could compete, cousininmiami :hatter_bounce:! Really love the earrings :ccat:.