Disney Premier Chase Visa??

Movies, TV, music, and more. Here's the place to talk about anything Disney outside of the parks.

Moderator: Moderators

cinderella75
Fantasyland Theater Projectionist

Disney Premier Chase Visa??

Post by cinderella75 » Feb Fri 17, 2012 7:12 pm

My husbad and I just had to get the new disney premier card. We earn 2% points on groceries,gas,and resturants. I believe the rest is 1%. When we opened the card and made our first charge. We recieved our $100 gift card. That we will use on our vacation in August. We also got this card because you can use the disney dollars towards your air fare. I have been lookng for a card like this. The only thing with this card is that there is an annual fee of $49. But thats ok because everywhere accepts visa so I will be swipping ALOT to get my points. So, I will get that $49 dollars back in disney dollars. Also, with this card you get 10% when you shop at disneyshopping.com when you pay with your card. You have to enter the card code to get it.

I was wondering how many other people got the card?? :wave: :pluto: :donald: :mickey3:
When you BELIEVE and have FAITH, WISHES and DREAMS do come TRUE :-)

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Re: Disney Premier Chase Visa??

Post by Amy » Feb Fri 17, 2012 7:48 pm

F1gment and I both got invitations but decided that the benefits did not outweigh the annual fee for us. I like using my Discover card and getting cash back that I can use anywhere. I still use my Disney Visa whenever that is the only card accepted, like my insurance premiums, so it adds up a little Disney dollars here and there. I do like a few of the designs that are available for the Premier card! Which one did you choose?

Wizzard419
Pirates of the Caribbean Buccaneer

Post by Wizzard419 » Feb Fri 17, 2012 8:42 pm

Those cards are generally not that good a deal since you're stuck with an annual fee and your reward is locked with a single company. The visas I have are 1% cashback (or points for partner offers) with no annual fee. I can do more with the cash than with the disney dollars, outside of having pricesses make it clap when I make it rain. :D

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Feb Fri 17, 2012 9:02 pm

Wizzard419 wrote:Those cards are generally not that good a deal since you're stuck with an annual fee and your reward is locked with a single company. The visas I have are 1% cashback (or points for partner offers) with no annual fee. I can do more with the cash than with the disney dollars, outside of having pricesses make it clap when I make it rain. :D
I agree with you on the annual fee and having cash ~ I think I will stick with no comment on the princesses :roll: ~ naughty Wizz! :evil:

boilerbabe
Pack Mules Wrangler
Pack Mules Wrangler

Post by boilerbabe » Feb Fri 17, 2012 11:39 pm

We got the invitation but like Amy said, if there is an annual fee, I will pass! Can still get Disney Dollars with the regular Visa.

cinderella75

Post by cinderella75 » Feb Sat 18, 2012 10:48 am

Amy wrote:F1gment and I both got invitations but decided that the benefits did not outweigh the annual fee for us. I like using my Discover card and getting cash back that I can use anywhere. I still use my Disney Visa whenever that is the only card accepted, like my insurance premiums, so it adds up a little Disney dollars here and there. I do like a few of the designs that are available for the Premier card! Which one did you choose?

We picked the sorcerer's mickey. We get ALOT of compliments :mickey3: :pluto:

cinderella75

Post by cinderella75 » Feb Sat 18, 2012 10:56 am

Wizzard419 wrote:Those cards are generally not that good a deal since you're stuck with an annual fee and your reward is locked with a single company. The visas I have are 1% cashback (or points for partner offers) with no annual fee. I can do more with the cash than with the disney dollars, outside of having pricesses make it clap when I make it rain. :D
That is true. For us it works cuz we are a fam of 4. We go to Disney with the fam once a year for 10 than my husband and I have a wekend getaway to Epcot for the food and wine festival. With paying for everything with my visa I build up a nest of disney dollars and they add up very quicly. When we go to disney we pay with disney dollars. I like to think of it like a disney dollar savings account :mickey3: :donald:

GoofyNYGal
Horseless Carriage Chauffeur
Horseless Carriage Chauffeur

Post by GoofyNYGal » Feb Sat 18, 2012 6:20 pm

I have the card. I do not pay the annual fee. I have the free option. That said, I use it for almost everything. I can usually get a few dollars a month. And since with work, I can't run off to FL right now (I'm in NY), so it's a good way to save up dollars for me. Then, when I do get back to FL, I'll have some to play with. Either way, I like having a Disney themed card. I always get compliments on the design. "Wow, that is such a cute card..." I am not crazy about credit cards, so I pay it off each month in full.

:ccat:

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Feb Sun 19, 2012 12:29 am

GoofyNYGal wrote:I have the card. I do not pay the annual fee. I have the free option. That said, I use it for almost everything. I can usually get a few dollars a month. And since with work, I can't run off to FL right now (I'm in NY), so it's a good way to save up dollars for me. Then, when I do get back to FL, I'll have some to play with. Either way, I like having a Disney themed card. I always get compliments on the design. "Wow, that is such a cute card..." I am not crazy about credit cards, so I pay it off each month in full.

I get compliments on my design too ~ and like you I pay it off each month so the rewards are like free money. That is why it doesn't make sense for me to pay an annual premium. It's also why I choose to use a different card for the most part, I like just getting cash that is available for use anywhere.
The most memorable comment I got on my Disney Visa was when I was on vacation in St. John. We went to a grocery store and when I handed the card to the cashier, she studied it very carefully and then asked if it was true that I was a charter card member from Day 1 like the card said. That impressed her and made me smile :D

cinderella75

Post by cinderella75 » Feb Sun 19, 2012 10:02 am

GoofyNYGal wrote:I have the card. I do not pay the annual fee. I have the free option. That said, I use it for almost everything. I can usually get a few dollars a month. And since with work, I can't run off to FL right now (I'm in NY), so it's a good way to save up dollars for me. Then, when I do get back to FL, I'll have some to play with. Either way, I like having a Disney themed card. I always get compliments on the design. "Wow, that is such a cute card..." I am not crazy about credit cards, so I pay it off each month in full.

Every pay day I pay my card off. I do have the free option also. I got the new card for double the dollars. Last time I had saved enough points on my card that I got 2 free vacations with my disney dollars. That was awesome since we were tight on money at that time. I will be doing that again cant wait for a free vaca again :D :pluto: :donald: :mickey3:

Len90
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Len90 » Feb Thu 23, 2012 12:13 am

Amy wrote:F1gment and I both got invitations but decided that the benefits did not outweigh the annual fee for us. I like using my Discover card and getting cash back that I can use anywhere. I still use my Disney Visa whenever that is the only card accepted, like my insurance premiums, so it adds up a little Disney dollars here and there. I do like a few of the designs that are available for the Premier card! Which one did you choose?
Exactly what I felt. We got the invitation and everything, but the main concern is that you have to tie yourself down to get that $49 back. We usually use Discover as it is 1% back on everything and it comes off on the statement. However, when there is a Disney vacation in the works, the Disney Visa will see some more usage!
- Len90
"If you can dream it, you can do it. Always remember that this whole thing was started with a dream and a mouse."
"Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday, tomorrow, and fantasy"

Thumper1
Mike Fink Keel Boats Boatswain
Mike Fink Keel Boats Boatswain

Post by Thumper1 » Jul Mon 09, 2012 9:07 am

you have the premier card with no annual fee,how did you do that? I'd get it if I didn't have to pay the fee!!

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Jul Mon 09, 2012 8:34 pm

brerrabbit1 wrote:

you have the premier card with no annual fee,how did you do that? I'd get it if I didn't have to pay the fee!!
I wonder if she means she has the free version ~ not the premium one. I don't think that is available without the annual fee.

Wizzard419

Post by Wizzard419 » Jul Mon 09, 2012 8:47 pm

Some cards waive the annual fee if you can spend more than a pre-set minimum each year.

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Jul Tue 10, 2012 6:45 am

Wizzard419 wrote:Some cards waive the annual fee if you can spend more than a pre-set minimum each year.
Good to know. I surely wouldn't qualify on my Disney Visa. I only use that where I can't use my Discover. I like the versatility of using my "reward money" wherever I want. Having the Disney dollars ropes you into specific spending...