Old Disney Movies You'd Love to See Again

Movies, TV, music, and more. Here's the place to talk about anything Disney outside of the parks.

Moderator: Moderators

theBIGyowski
Tom Sawyer Island Rafts Skipper
Tom Sawyer Island Rafts Skipper

Re: Old Disney Movies You'd Love to See Again

Post by theBIGyowski » Feb Wed 29, 2012 2:34 pm

cousininmiami wrote:Charley and the Angel was just released a few months ago, great movie starring Fred MacMurray and many others. Try to see it if you can it's great! I am a big fan of the Disney movies from the 70's, Now you See Him Now You Don't, The Computer Wore Tennis Shoes, Superdad, The Strongest Man in the World, Gus, The Barefoot Executive, The Ugly Dacshund, Snowball Express, The World's Greatest Athlete etc... and the list goes on!

I love them all and have them all, I think I own just about every Disney movie!! Some other totally random ones are Bon Voyage with Fred MacMurray from the 1950's, and Johnny Tremain from the early 1960's. Both of those are great movies well with the watch. I don't have Song of the South however and would love to see it again someday. :D
I would love to own all of those movies that you have! I've seen them all...and love them all...but Netflix has been my only way to watch them over the past few years. I love all of the old movies with Kurt Russell in them. You pretty much get to see him grow up in all of those Disney movies he did.

Maybe one of these days I'll start building a collection of those old classic movies. Especially with how TV is today...I'd rather sit children down to watch these old Disney classics than let them channel surf. Not even the Disney Channel shows these great movies anymore.

1986: Offsite
1997: Offsite
2001: Coronado Springs
2008: Shades of Green / Saratoga Springs (WDW Half Marathon)
2009: Port Orleans French Quarter (WDW Half Marathon)
2010: Port Orleans Riverside (Honeymoon)
2011: Old Key West / Bay Lake Tower
2014: Kidani Village
2015: Old Key West (5th Wedding Anniversary)
2016: Old Key West (Kids' first WDW vacation in December!)

dstrawn9889
Snow White's Adventures Gem Miner

Post by dstrawn9889 » Mar Fri 02, 2012 11:10 am

in my walmart, today, there was a display of dvd's of old live-action disney movies, darn cat, etc... it was a big cardboard aisle display...

cousininmiami
Davy Crockett's Explorer Canoes Guide
Davy Crockett's Explorer Canoes Guide

Post by cousininmiami » Mar Sat 03, 2012 1:45 pm

I forgot to mention Blackbeard's Ghost, awesome movie!!! And the original Parent Trap with Haley Mills, and The Horse in the Grey Flannel Suit. There are so many great movies!!! I happen to really love any old movie with either Dean Jones or Kurt Russell, those are the best!! :D
°o° "...it's a great big beautiful tomorrow, shining at the end of every day" °o°

MmeLeota
Pack Mules Wrangler
Pack Mules Wrangler

Post by MmeLeota » Mar Sat 03, 2012 3:20 pm

I love all of those movies cousininmiami!!! We've been saying for years that Disney should come up with a channel specifically for the old TV shows/Movies...kinda like the Vault Disney they used to show years ago on late night Disney Channel.

I love any movie with Hayley Mills..."The Parent Trap" is my favorite, with "Summer Magic" and "Pollyanna" tied for a close second. "In Search of the Castaways" is another really good one.

"The Cat from Outer Space" was always one that I loved to watch as a kid as well...love that Jake!!!

The Hallmark Channel is known to show some of these movies on the weekends. One weekend, they showed all of the Herbie movies, Swiss Family Robinson, The Parent Trap (both versions) and Pollyanna.

All those movies you mentioned are fabulous too, cousin! I'm like you, I love them all!

cy1229
Country Bear Jamboree Greeter

Post by cy1229 » Mar Sat 03, 2012 6:04 pm

dstrawn9889 wrote:in my walmart, today, there was a display of dvd's of old live-action disney movies, darn cat, etc... it was a big cardboard aisle display...
My grandmother loved "Darn Cat." Just a couple months before she died I was able to rent it and watch it with her. She laughed and laughed and laughed - not something she had done for a long time while struggling with the ugliness of cancer. Good flick, great memory.
Polynesian 1980
All-Star Movies 2001
Pop Century 2008
Saratoga Springs 2010
Bay Lake Tower 2012
Hyatt Place Anaheim Resort/Convention Center 2015
Marriott Anaheim Suites 2016

TTA Traveler
Motor Boat Cruise Skipper

Post by TTA Traveler » Mar Tue 06, 2012 8:06 am

I'd really like to see Third Man on the Mountain again. I believe it's on DVD, but it would be great to see on Bluray. :D I remember it being such a gorgeous film to look at with great shots of the scenery and sets.
.. now arriving at Space Mountain, Tomorrowland's gateway to the galaxy..

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Mar Tue 06, 2012 1:33 pm

TTA Traveler wrote:I'd really like to see Third Man on the Mountain again. I believe it's on DVD, but it would be great to see on Bluray. :D I remember it being such a gorgeous film to look at with great shots of the scenery and sets.
I don't think I've ever heard of that movie ~ what was that one about?

TTA Traveler

Post by TTA Traveler » Mar Tue 06, 2012 1:59 pm

Amy wrote:
TTA Traveler wrote:I'd really like to see Third Man on the Mountain again. I believe it's on DVD, but it would be great to see on Bluray. :D I remember it being such a gorgeous film to look at with great shots of the scenery and sets.
I'm pretty lousy when it comes to summaries :lol:.. but in short it's a mountain climbing movie about a young boy who dreams of being the first to conquer the Matterhorn's summit and how he sets off his expedition by working as a guide for a world-known mountain climber who also plans to make the ascent.
.. now arriving at Space Mountain, Tomorrowland's gateway to the galaxy..

MmeLeota
Pack Mules Wrangler
Pack Mules Wrangler

Post by MmeLeota » Mar Tue 06, 2012 2:05 pm

Amy wrote:
The Third Man on the Mountain:
Synopsis: Filmed on location in Switzerland, Walt Disney's Third Man on the Mountain was based on Banner in the Sky, a book by James Ramsey Ullman. James MacArthur plays a Swiss youth who vows to be the first to scale a formidable Matterhorn-like mountain called the Citadel. The fact that MacArthur's father was killed attempting a similar climb only strengthens the boy's resolve. Though discouraged by his mother and uncle, MacArthur prepares for his ascent by taking practice climbs with his friends, learning vital lessons about safety and cooperation along the way. Finally, MacArthur begins making his way up the Citadel in the company of four other hardy souls. The title is a giveaway as to who doesn't reach the top of the mountain first; even so, there's a happy, satisfying ending for the so-called "loser." The film's breathtaking full-color shots of the Matterhorn are brilliantly augmented by the matte work of the legendary Peter Ellenshaw. Watch for Helen Hayes, the mother of Third Man on the Mountain star James MacArthur, in an amusing cameo role. …

James MacArthur in another "Swiss" role and Janet Munro...I loved the two of them in "Swiss Family" and I adore Ms. Munro in "Darby O'Gill and the Little People"

The inspiration for the Matterhorn attraction came from this movie...

I cannot remember the last time I saw this movie...not since I was a kid!

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Mar Tue 06, 2012 2:06 pm

Sounds good. I'll have to add it to my list of movies I want to see but can't seem to make the time to sit and watch them list!

SorcererDonald16
Autopian Mechanic
Autopian Mechanic

Post by SorcererDonald16 » Mar Thu 29, 2012 6:18 am

Song of the South was one of the first movies my mom took me to see in the theaters; I barely remember anything about it. I just vaguely have an image of Uncle Remus in my head and an image of Br'er Rabbit. I haven't seen it since then.

Only at Disney can you find a massively popular ride themed after a movie they would rather forget exists. :lol:

They ought to just release it and be done with it. It is part of their history whether they like it or not, and I think it should be available for film students, sociologists, etc. to study, and for people in general to see and form their own opinions about it. IMO, would also create some great discussion opportunities between families, friends, etc.

They can drag in Leonard Maltin and have him give a long spiel before the movie even plays, just like he does on the "Treasures" DVD sets whenever a short contained anything offensive.

(Incidentally, part of the Splash Mountain soundtrack is playing here as I type this!)

MmeLeota
Pack Mules Wrangler
Pack Mules Wrangler

Post by MmeLeota » Apr Thu 19, 2012 1:44 pm

This is as good of a place to post as any...here are some movies that are going to be rolled out of the vault. Are any of your favorites here?

http://social.entertainment.msn.com/mov ... e57bd5e596

DisneyYorkie
Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln Usher
Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln Usher

Post by DisneyYorkie » Apr Thu 19, 2012 3:26 pm

Wow, of all those movies, the only ones I'd really be interested in seeing are The Rescuers, Pocahontas, and The Aristocats. :shock:
You've got serious thrill issues dude. - Crush. Finding Nemo

Goofyfan

Post by Goofyfan » Apr Thu 19, 2012 3:47 pm

The Computer Who Wore Tennis Shoes was a classic. :D :goofy:

cy1229

Post by cy1229 » Apr Thu 19, 2012 3:51 pm

DisneyYorkie wrote:Wow, of all those movies, the only ones I'd really be interested in seeing are The Rescuers, Pocahontas, and The Aristocats. :shock:
Brother Bear!!! I totally love Rutt and Tuke.
Polynesian 1980
All-Star Movies 2001
Pop Century 2008
Saratoga Springs 2010
Bay Lake Tower 2012
Hyatt Place Anaheim Resort/Convention Center 2015
Marriott Anaheim Suites 2016