Favorite Disney Podcasts?

Movies, TV, music, and more. Here's the place to talk about anything Disney outside of the parks.

Moderator: Moderators

roguepawn
King Arthur Carousel Horseman
King Arthur Carousel Horseman

Favorite Disney Podcasts?

Post by roguepawn » Feb Tue 14, 2012 12:35 am

Hi All,

In addition to Subsonic, I've recently started listening to a "Window to the Magic" as it provides excellent background atmosphere/music while working on projects. Does anyone have any other recommendations for Disney podcasts?

theBIGyowski
Tom Sawyer Island Rafts Skipper

Re: Favorite Disney Podcasts?

Post by theBIGyowski » Feb Tue 14, 2012 4:56 pm

My favorites are:

WDW Today

WDW Radio

I used to listen to Beta Mouse...but their head man, Henry Work, took a job with Disney, so they kind of had to stop.

1986: Offsite
1997: Offsite
2001: Coronado Springs
2008: Shades of Green / Saratoga Springs (WDW Half Marathon)
2009: Port Orleans French Quarter (WDW Half Marathon)
2010: Port Orleans Riverside (Honeymoon)
2011: Old Key West / Bay Lake Tower
2014: Kidani Village
2015: Old Key West (5th Wedding Anniversary)
2016: Old Key West (Kids' first WDW vacation in December!)

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Feb Tue 14, 2012 8:23 pm

theBIGyowski wrote:My favorites are:

WDW Today

WDW Radio

I used to listen to Beta Mouse...but their head man, Henry Work, took a job with Disney, so they kind of had to stop.
Why is that? Conflict of interest?

theBIGyowski

Post by theBIGyowski » Feb Tue 14, 2012 11:04 pm

Yeah...I think he probably had to agree to end the podcast when he signed on. Plus...I'm sure he's pretty busy now doing whatever he is doing and can't spend the extra time preparing, recording, and editing the podcasts.

I'm hoping the WDW Today guys will have him on every now and then though.

BuDz211
Mad Tea Party Host
Mad Tea Party Host

Post by BuDz211 » Feb Tue 28, 2012 12:26 am

theBIGyowski wrote:My favorites are:

WDW Today

WDW Radio

I listen to these and Inside the Magic with Ricky. He puts on a good show and sometimes records live with video. Usually a fun chat occurs.
Image Image

brerfunk
Fire Engine Driver
Fire Engine Driver

Post by brerfunk » Mar Sat 03, 2012 3:18 pm

I'm a huge fan of Inside the Magic. It's usually about an hour and a half a week, and he has a great news spiel at the start of every show. WELL worth a listen.

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Mar Sat 10, 2012 12:53 pm

There is a new one starting up from the Disney Food Blog ~ just got an email on it. Here is the link if you are interested... http://www.DFBPodcast.com
Here is a little blurb on what they are going to be covering
My co-host on the show, Brad Johnson from WDW for Grown-ups, and I are excited to hear what you think! We plan to cover everything having to do with Disney Dining, from kids to grown-ups, theme parks to cruise line, and more. We’ll always be answering listener questions, so send yours to us with PODCAST in the subject line!

theBIGyowski

Post by theBIGyowski » Mar Sat 10, 2012 1:17 pm

I have also enjoyed the WDW News Today podcasts...I think MDude mentioned them in another thread. They have "enhanced" podcasts which include pictures that go along with their audio. Makes for something fun to watch.

There was another podcast similar to that I used to listen to...it was two brothers who talked about their love of the parks and all that using their own experiences growing up along with WDW and DLR news. Can't remember the name of that one though.

DAR
Autopian Mechanic
Autopian Mechanic

Post by DAR » Mar Sun 25, 2012 11:11 am

WDW Radio
WEDway Radio
Mouse Lounge
WDW Memories Podcast

jmenjes
Dumbo Flying Elephants Tamer
Dumbo Flying Elephants Tamer

Post by jmenjes » Mar Sat 31, 2012 11:32 pm

Inside the Magic
WDW Today
A Window to the Magic
WTTM 24 (looking forward to season 2 starting on Monday)
11/12 - All Star Sports (1 night), free upgrade to AKL Jambo House (4 nights)
2/12, 10/11, 4/11, 4/09, 4/08, 4/07 - Pop Century
4/06, 4/05 - All Star Sports
00 - Offsite
11/99 - Fort Wilderness
Before 99 - Lost count along the way

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Apr Sun 01, 2012 8:18 am

Am I the only one who finds it difficult to listen to podcasts? I don't know if it reminds me too much of boring professors, but listening to someone drone on and on, even on one of my favorite subjects, is too boring :( F1gment enjoys listening to books on tape in the car ~ I can't stand them :shock: And forget me learning anything from lectures, I must be a hands on, visual learner because I just tune all that chatter out :roll:

horizons1
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by horizons1 » Apr Sun 01, 2012 4:20 pm

WDW Today is the one I listen to as well. Nice that I can always find back episodes online which allows me to queue a bunch up on my phone for long trips.
No one's gloomy or complaining while the flatware's entertaining.

theBIGyowski

Post by theBIGyowski » Apr Mon 02, 2012 2:41 pm

Amy wrote:Am I the only one who finds it difficult to listen to podcasts? I don't know if it reminds me too much of boring professors, but listening to someone drone on and on, even on one of my favorite subjects, is too boring :( F1gment enjoys listening to books on tape in the car ~ I can't stand them :shock: And forget me learning anything from lectures, I must be a hands on, visual learner because I just tune all that chatter out :roll:
Amy...I used to be the exact same way...until...

I was driving home from college (about an hour drive) one weekend during the summer. It was about 100 degrees outside...and my car's A/C was broken. I was ok on the interstate because I could roll down my windows and let the wind cool me off somewhat. Well...a horrible accident happened a few miles ahead of me and I got stuck on the interstate for about 4 hours. So here I am dying of heat, with my car in Park, on the interstate, trying to listen to music on the radio. There was no such thing as an iPod back then...and the most technologically advanced phone didn't even have text messaging. I heard the same songs on the radio...over and over and over again. I got sick of listening to the same stuff. So I turned it to talk radio. It changed my opinion completely. I never really saw it as boring chatter. It was something that kept me intrigued and made me think...definitely helped to pass the time as I sat there in the inferno.

One thing I love about some of the Disney podcasts are that they generally feel the same way we do here on the boards about all things Disney. They love and hate the same things...and they don't mind being critical of TDO when they need to. It is pretty much like an audible version of the forums here. Like others have said...they can be really nice on long drives or trips as well.

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Apr Mon 02, 2012 3:58 pm

theBIGyowski wrote:
Amy wrote:Am I the only one who finds it difficult to listen to podcasts? I don't know if it reminds me too much of boring professors, but listening to someone drone on and on, even on one of my favorite subjects, is too boring :( F1gment enjoys listening to books on tape in the car ~ I can't stand them :shock: And forget me learning anything from lectures, I must be a hands on, visual learner because I just tune all that chatter out :roll:
Amy...I used to be the exact same way...until...

I was driving home from college (about an hour drive) one weekend during the summer. It was about 100 degrees outside...and my car's A/C was broken. I was ok on the interstate because I could roll down my windows and let the wind cool me off somewhat. Well...a horrible accident happened a few miles ahead of me and I got stuck on the interstate for about 4 hours. So here I am dying of heat, with my car in Park, on the interstate, trying to listen to music on the radio. There was no such thing as an iPod back then...and the most technologically advanced phone didn't even have text messaging. I heard the same songs on the radio...over and over and over again. I got sick of listening to the same stuff. So I turned it to talk radio. It changed my opinion completely. I never really saw it as boring chatter. It was something that kept me intrigued and made me think...definitely helped to pass the time as I sat there in the inferno.

One thing I love about some of the Disney podcasts are that they generally feel the same way we do here on the boards about all things Disney. They love and hate the same things...and they don't mind being critical of TDO when they need to. It is pretty much like an audible version of the forums here. Like others have said...they can be really nice on long drives or trips as well.
I've got a long road trip ahead of me tomorrow, 2 hours out in the morning and then back in the evening, so maybe I'll load up a few podcasts on my iphone and give them a try. If Subsonic is streaming, I probably won't be bored though ;)