Tower of Terror uniform

Movies, TV, music, and more. Here's the place to talk about anything Disney outside of the parks.

Moderator: Moderators

Son of Dreamfinder
Swiss Family Treehouse Guide

Tower of Terror uniform

Post by Son of Dreamfinder » Jan Tue 03, 2012 6:30 pm

I have been having a hard time finding information on the tower of terror uniform. Any and all is appreciated!

northernmousefan2007
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider

Re: Tower of Terror uniform

Post by northernmousefan2007 » Jan Wed 04, 2012 5:33 pm

I heard they are the most expensive attractions cast member costumes. Not sure how accurate that is but its what they told a friend in the college program.

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Jan Wed 04, 2012 5:40 pm

Son of Dreamfinder wrote:I have been having a hard time finding information on the tower of terror uniform. Any and all is appreciated!
What sort of information are you looking for??
northernmousefan2007 wrote:I heard they are the most expensive attractions cast member costumes. Not sure how accurate that is but its what they told a friend in the college program.
I wonder why they would be so expensive? Because of the tassels and what-not?

Son of Dreamfinder

Post by Son of Dreamfinder » Jan Wed 04, 2012 5:46 pm

I have heard about them being the most expensive costume. I was just wondering how much they are worth. A long time ago I came across a tot coat and hat at a yard sale and bought them for $15. Its a little small on me but I still used the coat a few times, however, I haven't found much use for it recently. Ive been doing some cleaning and am wanting to get rid of some stuff and I figured its about time I did something with them so I'm thinking of selling them. I just wanted to find out whatever info I could on them.

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Jan Wed 04, 2012 6:58 pm

Son of Dreamfinder wrote:I have heard about them being the most expensive costume. I was just wondering how much they are worth. A long time ago I came across a tot coat and hat at a yard sale and bought them for $15. Its a little small on me but I still used the coat a few times, however, I haven't found much use for it recently. Ive been doing some cleaning and am wanting to get rid of some stuff and I figured its about time I did something with them so I'm thinking of selling them. I just wanted to find out whatever info I could on them.
That's pretty neat! Have you looked on ebay or craig's list? I would guess you could get quite a bit more than the $15 you paid for them.

Wizzard419
Pirates of the Caribbean Buccaneer

Post by Wizzard419 » Jan Wed 04, 2012 9:51 pm

I wonder if Disney has watchdogs or something on ebay? You will rarely see uniforms (outside of a few generic items) on there. It might have a lot to do with it being technically stolen goods (while you did pay for the "lost" you don't have full ownership of it).

Son of Dreamfinder

Post by Son of Dreamfinder » Jan Wed 04, 2012 9:51 pm

Checked ebay but not craigslist

Son of Dreamfinder

Post by Son of Dreamfinder » Jan Thu 05, 2012 10:54 am

Wizzard419 wrote:I wonder if Disney has watchdogs or something on ebay? You will rarely see uniforms (outside of a few generic items) on there. It might have a lot to do with it being technically stolen goods (while you did pay for the "lost" you don't have full ownership of it).
This is why I havent posted it yet. For all I know there are watchdogs on this site. The only thing that makes me feel safe in all of this is that the normal procedure for returning costumes after losing a job there states that if it is not returned within a specific time period then the amount of money that your costume costs comes out of your final paycheck. I only know this cause I worked at animal kingdom as a safari driver and thats what they told me.

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Jan Thu 05, 2012 10:55 am

Son of Dreamfinder wrote:
Wizzard419 wrote:I wonder if Disney has watchdogs or something on ebay? You will rarely see uniforms (outside of a few generic items) on there. It might have a lot to do with it being technically stolen goods (while you did pay for the "lost" you don't have full ownership of it).
This is why I havent posted it yet. For all I know there are watchdogs on this site. The only thing that makes me feel safe in all of this is that the normal procedure for returning costumes after losing a job there states that if it is not returned within a specific time period then the amount of money that your costume costs comes out of your final paycheck. I only know this cause I worked at animal kingdom as a safari driver and thats what they told me.
Yeah, I would guess you are in the free and clear since it wasn't your uniform. But it would still stink to lose it entirely :shock: I don't know if they would bother coming after you though...

Wizzard419

Post by Wizzard419 » Jan Thu 05, 2012 5:00 pm

There have been cases where companies (esp apple) find out about the auctions and get them pulled followed by sending legal papers to the owner to surrender the item. I would imagine they would then track it back to the person who "lost" it and do something to them if they still work there.

northernmousefan2007
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider

Post by northernmousefan2007 » Jan Thu 05, 2012 5:41 pm

This is from http://davelandweb.com/towerofterror/ and is not my work. "Cast members wear a 1930’s bellhop outfit that costs $1000+ per uniform (most expensive park costume)." I don't really know why it is so expensive, I hate to speculate and be wrong.

Wizzard419

Post by Wizzard419 » Jan Thu 05, 2012 6:30 pm

My guess is that, unlike most of the other attractions, the uniform has a lot more pieces for it as well as the large overcoat, and whatnot. Since it's all custom and embroidered it means it was expensive, they may also tack on 2-3x the cost (who's going to be able to doubt the cost anyway?) to prevent everyone from taking one.

northernmousefan2007
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider

Post by northernmousefan2007 » Jan Mon 09, 2012 3:36 pm

Wizzard419 wrote:My guess is that, unlike most of the other attractions, the uniform has a lot more pieces for it as well as the large overcoat, and whatnot. Since it's all custom and embroidered it means it was expensive, they may also tack on 2-3x the cost (who's going to be able to doubt the cost anyway?) to prevent everyone from taking one.
Good point. One of my employers always stated an inflated cost so we would not waste or break equipment and supplies.

Soarin08
Skyway Loader
Skyway Loader

Post by Soarin08 » Jan Fri 13, 2012 12:24 pm

northernmousefan2007 wrote:This is from http://davelandweb.com/towerofterror/ and is not my work. "Cast members wear a 1930’s bellhop outfit that costs $1000+ per uniform (most expensive park costume)." I don't really know why it is so expensive, I hate to speculate and be wrong.
Costumes in general are expensive (the hat I wore at Saratoga alone was $60 to replace) but the ToT ones are the ones that take the cake price-wise. Why I don't know, I'm thinking maybe since it is a very elaborate and very detailed costume.

Son of Dreamfinder

Post by Son of Dreamfinder » Jan Mon 16, 2012 10:21 am

so apparently it isnt a horrible idea to post these things on ebay. I just found all sorts of uniforms on there such as a uniform from the dinosaur ride in ak along with a bunch of other ones.