Disney Store Shopping

Movies, TV, music, and more. Here's the place to talk about anything Disney outside of the parks.

Moderator: Moderators

Wizzard419
Pirates of the Caribbean Buccaneer

Re: Disney Store Shopping

Post by Wizzard419 » Oct Sat 22, 2011 11:11 pm

Black Friday has lost a lot of it's allure though, now that people camp out for it and the deals aren't nearly as good as you think.
Last edited by Wizzard419 on Nov Fri 04, 2011 10:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Jacca5660
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Jacca5660 » Oct Sat 22, 2011 11:25 pm

There is always Cyber Monday and Amazon!!
"Our dreams can come true - if we have the courage to pursue them" WED

"There's a fine prow on that steamer, let's climb aboard her!" Fireside

"You're off the map mateys..Here there be SeaMonsters!!"

The original "LICENSE MAYHEM MARAUDER!!ImageImage

Wizzard419

Post by Wizzard419 » Oct Sat 22, 2011 11:38 pm

Cyber Black Friday is actually decent since you don't have to camp out for it and when you dial into the IP you can usually avoid the bottlenecks that show up. But even then, they don't need to work as hard for your dollars.

I remember getting a tv back in 2007, I was going to go on black friday but I decided I would rather not wait overnight and in the weeks between then and 12/24 (you can get killer online deals on thanksgiving and christmas at Nordstrom and Nieman's) the black friday price showed up every week.

Though I had it sitting in my office, sealed up, for about a month, taunting me, because I needed to paint all my walls first.

cousininmiami
Davy Crockett's Explorer Canoes Guide

Post by cousininmiami » Oct Sun 23, 2011 9:23 am

Last year I went to my local Sears appliance store at 9pm on Thanksgiving night, right after cleaning up from my huge Thanksgiving dinner. :shock: I stayed all night to get my incredible deal... I bought both the Kenmore front loading washer and dryer set that was the largest and fanciest that they carry. The regular price was $1899 for the pair, I paid $650 total for the pair! Saved $1200!!!! :D They only had two sets available at that price and I was the first one in line. :twisted: Black Friday can be very lucrative if you plan out and know what you are looking for, and are willing to stay up all night! :lol:
°o° "...it's a great big beautiful tomorrow, shining at the end of every day" °o°

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Oct Sun 23, 2011 9:24 am

cousininmiami wrote:Last year I went to my local Sears appliance store at 9pm on Thanksgiving night, right after cleaning up from my huge Thanksgiving dinner. :shock: I stayed all night to get my incredible deal... I bought both the Kenmore front loading washer and dryer set that was the largest and fanciest that they carry. The regular price was $1899 for the pair, I paid $650 total for the pair! Saved $1200!!!! :D They only had two sets available at that price and I was the first one in line. :twisted: Black Friday can be very lucrative if you plan out and know what you are looking for, and are willing to stay up all night! :lol:
That's a little easier when you live in Florida. I bet you didn't have to deal with snow and freezing temperatures while you waited ;)

cousininmiami

Post by cousininmiami » Oct Sun 23, 2011 9:30 am

Ooops, yes this is true. It was a typical 70 degree night here and I wore jeans and brought a blanket thinking I would need it, and all anybody did in line was sweat. Humid always!
°o° "...it's a great big beautiful tomorrow, shining at the end of every day" °o°

Wizzard419

Post by Wizzard419 » Oct Sun 23, 2011 12:01 pm

Indeed, the stores will offer something at a major loss to a few people, but the majority of the items are not as good a deal as previously. If you simply watch the sales (outside of december) you will find the same deals, just spread out more.

That and my time is worth too much to stand out in 68 degree weather. :D

Leigh
Swiss Family Treehouse Guide
Swiss Family Treehouse Guide

Post by Leigh » Oct Wed 26, 2011 10:07 am

I tried to use the code for free shipping And 1 day offer of 25% off but it wouldn't let me b/c I was trying to buy a book (Epcot Food & Wine Festival recipe book). It wasn't working at all but I managed to get the free shipping to work when I purchased it as a "guest" ie not logged in as me. They take a ridiculous amount of time to ship things out. I wish they had more of the merchandise that is in the parks. I purchased the $15 monorail model for my son (well, really for me) but he broke it as soon as we got home. I would have purchased it again in a heartbeat. But maybe that is why going to Disney is so special. Come to think of it I wish they had a bigger variety of products at the parks . . . I purchased some African Red tea in Animal Kingdom and wished they had more unique things like that. I remember in the old days they did -- the Christmas Store in Magic Kingdom used to have Dept 56 etc etc and they buyers had such beautiful taste . . . the Christmas Shop in MGM (near the Muppets) was like a treasure chest.

Wizzard419

Post by Wizzard419 » Oct Wed 26, 2011 3:08 pm

The codes won't work in conjuction for the same item, so you would have needed to order something non-park to get the 25% off your entire order I think.

As for the red tea, your supermarket probably has it from the Republic of Tea, they are the most common importer.

cousininmiami

Post by cousininmiami » Nov Fri 04, 2011 7:08 am

Hey all I was given a Disney Store Friends and Family discount card yesterday, anyone can use it online. Here are the details! :D

Offer begins November 11, 2011 and expires 11:50pm PT, November 15, 2011
Enter promotion code DISNEYPAL during checkout at Disneystore.com

20% off your entire purchase

Happy shopping!!! :mickey:
Last edited by cousininmiami on Nov Fri 04, 2011 8:01 am, edited 1 time in total.

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Nov Fri 04, 2011 7:36 am

cousininmiami wrote:Hey all I was given a Disney Store Friends and Family discount card yesterday, anyone can use it online. Here are the details! :D

Offer begins November 11, 2011 and expires 11:50pm PT, November 15, 2011
Enter promotion code DISNEYPAL during checkout at Disneystore.com

Happy shopping!!! :mickey:
That's great ~ what is the discount good for??

cousininmiami

Post by cousininmiami » Nov Fri 04, 2011 8:02 am

Sorry Amy I forgot to add it's good for 20% off your entire purchase, I just edited my post! Maybe some more Christmas decorations are in my future!

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Nov Fri 04, 2011 8:14 am

cousininmiami wrote:Sorry Amy I forgot to add it's good for 20% off your entire purchase, I just edited my post! Maybe some more Christmas decorations are in my future!
Perhaps the other set of those cute little tiny ones? After all, if you are going to have a Disney Christmas tree, it must be properly decked out in ornaments ;)
I just bought my camera this morning so I probably don't have more to spend on, well, anything today :lol: But I might take a peek at the Disney Store later to see if they have any good deals on t-shirts :D Never can have too many of those ;)

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Nov Fri 04, 2011 10:11 pm

Sooo, what did everyone get? I hopped online quick when I got back from dinner and cards with friends and was pretty disappointed in the clearance t-shirt section. I also found the shirt I bought for Mom from the Disney Store today that said (well, the shirt didn't talk, but it had WDW on the tags) it was from the parks :roll: but really evidently was "theme park" merchandise from the store/online. It doesn't matter since F1gment didn't like the way it fit so it will be going back anyhow. It was a really weird cut, wide on the top, tighter on the bottom, sort of short sleeves. It almost seemed like a second :shock:
So sad, I was hoping for some cute shirts for the trip :( sigh...thanks anyhow for the coupon code. Hopefully others had more luck than I did...

Wizzard419

Post by Wizzard419 » Nov Fri 04, 2011 10:56 pm

Until they start selling hard liquor, Rx painkillers, and handguns there is nothing of interest there for me. :D

But, if I recall, all the DLR clothing is labeled the same way since much of it is sold in both US resorts.

If it's wide uptop and narrow at the bottom that sounds like a women's shirt rather than a unisex one.