Disneyland posters

Movies, TV, music, and more. Here's the place to talk about anything Disney outside of the parks.

Moderator: Moderators

Sparten
Autopian Mechanic
Autopian Mechanic

Disneyland posters

Post by Sparten » Sep Thu 15, 2011 2:41 pm

I was looking for some Disneyland posters ( like the ones under the arches at entrance to DLR) that I could put in my room, but they are very hard to find so could anyone help me find some? thanks :D
"Here you leave the world of today, and enter the world of yesterday, tomorrow and fantasy." Walt Disney
"Now this tale didn't happen yesterday or the day before. It happened long long ago." Uncle Remus
"Is it a bad thing to have fun?" Me :D

Wizzard419
Pirates of the Caribbean Buccaneer

Re: Disneyland posters

Post by Wizzard419 » Sep Thu 15, 2011 2:45 pm

Most of those never go on sale, some of the originals were released as small posters/cards though. You will want to check Ebay.

If I recall, DCA will be releasing their vintage styled posters for attractions (they actually look like the Wahlen ones I've been posting here).

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Sep Thu 15, 2011 6:20 pm

I have one Disneyland Railroad poster. I found it a movie memorabilia place many, many moons ago. I think Wizz is right, you should check on Ebay or maybe Etsy?

Wizzard419

Post by Wizzard419 » Sep Thu 15, 2011 7:27 pm

Etsy wouldn't be as good since they "encourage" (read "cannot enforce) that all items sold be at least partially made by the seller, it wouldn't hurt to look but you probably will not find nearly as much in terms of selection.

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Sep Thu 15, 2011 8:02 pm

Wizzard419 wrote:Etsy wouldn't be as good since they "encourage" (read "cannot enforce) that all items sold be at least partially made by the seller, it wouldn't hurt to look but you probably will not find nearly as much in terms of selection.
That's why I put "maybe" in front of Etsy. I've been seeing more things on there that aren't crafted at all :roll: But Ebay would be good, or a general google search even for Disneyland posters for sale....

Wizzard419

Post by Wizzard419 » Sep Thu 15, 2011 9:11 pm

Yeah Disney (domestic and international) doesn't see/get a lot of revanue with attraction posters so (outside of my usual method of smash, grab and run like f**k) you probably will not see them.

I'll check the print on demand stuff next time I am there for lunch to see if they have any attraction posters in the kiosk.

Sparten
Autopian Mechanic
Autopian Mechanic

Post by Sparten » Sep Thu 15, 2011 9:41 pm

Thanks I appreciate your feed back! Ill try E-Bay then I did however try Amazon and I didnt find much. the search goes on!
"Here you leave the world of today, and enter the world of yesterday, tomorrow and fantasy." Walt Disney
"Now this tale didn't happen yesterday or the day before. It happened long long ago." Uncle Remus
"Is it a bad thing to have fun?" Me :D

Wizzard419

Post by Wizzard419 » Sep Wed 21, 2011 3:24 pm

I just checked the print on demand service at disneyland and many attraction posters can be found there. They start at $22 (I think) and go up in price as the size and materials change.

I think Disneyland offers a similar service to WDW where you can contact them directly and order merch from the parks.

elizabethswann

Post by elizabethswann » Sep Wed 21, 2011 5:51 pm

Hm, that's interesting. I'll have to look into this when I decide to redo the posters in my room.

cousininmiami
Davy Crockett's Explorer Canoes Guide
Davy Crockett's Explorer Canoes Guide

Post by cousininmiami » Sep Thu 22, 2011 7:50 am

They actually have what you are looking for in the merchandise shop in Hollywood Studios. It's the shop on corner past Voyage of the Little Mermaid, on the left before you enter the Animation Studios. Go in the shop and in the back on the right they have just about any poster you might want! There are some there for purchase right away and others that you can look up on the computer to order and have them sent home I presume.

I agree with you Sparten, those posters are all awesome! :D
°o° "...it's a great big beautiful tomorrow, shining at the end of every day" °o°

mindflipper
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by mindflipper » Sep Thu 22, 2011 9:17 am

cousininmiami wrote:They actually have what you are looking for in the merchandise shop in Hollywood Studios. It's the shop on corner past Voyage of the Little Mermaid, on the left before you enter the Animation Studios. Go in the shop and in the back on the right they have just about any poster you might want! There are some there for purchase right away and others that you can look up on the computer to order and have them sent home I presume.

I agree with you Sparten, those posters are all awesome! :D
I think it's always been easier to buy WDW attraction posters than it has been DLR. Until the print on demand came for DLR, the posters were hard to find but at WDW there has always been at least one shop somewhere in the parks where you could buy (or order) those attraction posters.