Lion King 3D

Movies, TV, music, and more. Here's the place to talk about anything Disney outside of the parks.

Moderator: Moderators

wxwiz
Dumbo Flying Elephants Tamer

Lion King 3D

Post by wxwiz » Aug Wed 24, 2011 7:18 pm

Any one planning to see this in the theater? Not sure if I will yet.

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Re: Lion King 3D

Post by Amy » Aug Wed 24, 2011 7:46 pm

wxwiz wrote:Any one planning to see this in the theater? Not sure if I will yet.
Is it the original Lion King, but in 3D? I probably won't go see it...

NaCler
Country Bear Jamboree Greeter

Post by NaCler » Aug Wed 24, 2011 8:03 pm

I'm not supporting this one. They had me when they released The Lion King in IMAX, but to now bring it back in 3D just screams non-originality. This is purely a lazy way to make more money off of a product they have already created and it's tacky. I think the market is over-saturated with 3D movies anyway... I am, however, buying the Lion King on Blu-Ray next month. :D

wxwiz

Post by wxwiz » Aug Wed 24, 2011 9:13 pm

Yeah, seems like something only George Lucas would do. Think I will wait until Blu Ray.

boilerbabe
Pack Mules Wrangler
Pack Mules Wrangler

Post by boilerbabe » Aug Thu 25, 2011 11:13 am

I will pass.

MmeLeota
Pack Mules Wrangler
Pack Mules Wrangler

Post by MmeLeota » Aug Thu 25, 2011 11:35 am

NaCler wrote:I'm not supporting this one. They had me when they released The Lion King in IMAX, but to now bring it back in 3D just screams non-originality. This is purely a lazy way to make more money off of a product they have already created and it's tacky. I think the market is over-saturated with 3D movies anyway... I am, however, buying the Lion King on Blu-Ray next month. :D
I feel the same way NaCler. We went for the IMAX version (also when Beauty and the Beast was released in IMAX). However, we will most likely go see Lion King in 3D. After seeing the opening "Circle of Life" sequence, it looks pretty sweet! Plus I'd like to see it on the big screen again. We intended on seeing it at the expo, however the lines were way long and no guarantee of getting in, plus the size of the screen vs. the size of the arena would have taken away from the effect.

It would be nice if not everything was in 3D though...getting a bit tired of it. Some effects of it are great, but it's not necessary when the story is captivating.

theBIGyowski
Tom Sawyer Island Rafts Skipper
Tom Sawyer Island Rafts Skipper

Post by theBIGyowski » Aug Thu 25, 2011 1:49 pm

I have the 3D Blu-Ray reserved for when it comes out later...but I won't go see it in theaters.

1986: Offsite
1997: Offsite
2001: Coronado Springs
2008: Shades of Green / Saratoga Springs (WDW Half Marathon)
2009: Port Orleans French Quarter (WDW Half Marathon)
2010: Port Orleans Riverside (Honeymoon)
2011: Old Key West / Bay Lake Tower
2014: Kidani Village
2015: Old Key West (5th Wedding Anniversary)
2016: Old Key West (Kids' first WDW vacation in December!)

mindflipper
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by mindflipper » Aug Thu 25, 2011 2:12 pm

I will pass too, but those who were too young to see it the first time around on the big screen I think this would be a great opportunity to see it in the theatres...

cinderella75
Fantasyland Theater Projectionist
Fantasyland Theater Projectionist

Post by cinderella75 » Aug Thu 25, 2011 8:22 pm

Na, Im going to buy the Lion King Combo pack. Something like they had for Toy Story that was an awesome pack :D
When you BELIEVE and have FAITH, WISHES and DREAMS do come TRUE :-)

elizabethswann
Pirates of the Caribbean Buccaneer
Pirates of the Caribbean Buccaneer

Post by elizabethswann » Aug Fri 26, 2011 2:19 pm

I'll pass. I really hate 3D movies and I don't want to see this in 3D.

Sparten
Autopian Mechanic
Autopian Mechanic

Post by Sparten » Sep Sun 18, 2011 3:32 pm

elizabethswann wrote:I'll pass. I really hate 3D movies and I don't want to see this in 3D.
I hate 3D movies too but I cant decide If I want to see it though. I would love too but the theater in my town Is really expensive :?
"Here you leave the world of today, and enter the world of yesterday, tomorrow and fantasy." Walt Disney
"Now this tale didn't happen yesterday or the day before. It happened long long ago." Uncle Remus
"Is it a bad thing to have fun?" Me :D

NaCler

Post by NaCler » Sep Sun 18, 2011 3:53 pm

Well, I guess I lied to you wonderful people. My sister's birthday was on Friday and she has 2 boys so she thought it would be nice to take all of our kids to see it for her birthday. So, we took the kids last night. It was as good as I remember it on the big screen, but really did not need to be in 3D. There weren't any scenes that really seemed to stand out except for the "Can't wait to be king" song. But after seeing it in Philharmagic, it did not even compare. Save your money.

Oh, and just in case you were wondering... 3 adults and 5 kids at a 3D movie was roughly $93.00... OUCH!!!

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Sep Sun 18, 2011 4:48 pm

NaCler wrote:Well, I guess I lied to you wonderful people. My sister's birthday was on Friday and she has 2 boys so she thought it would be nice to take all of our kids to see it for her birthday. So, we took the kids last night. It was as good as I remember it on the big screen, but really did not need to be in 3D. There weren't any scenes that really seemed to stand out except for the "Can't wait to be king" song. But after seeing it in Philharmagic, it did not even compare. Save your money.

Oh, and just in case you were wondering... 3 adults and 5 kids at a 3D movie was roughly $93.00... OUCH!!!
Yikes ~ that is an expensive evening out :shock: I'm hoping that figure includes a few snacks at least!!

NaCler

Post by NaCler » Sep Sun 18, 2011 5:36 pm

Amy - That was just for the tickets! We also went to dinner first and still had some popcorn/drinks in the movie.

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Sep Sun 18, 2011 6:05 pm

NaCler wrote:Amy - That was just for the tickets! We also went to dinner first and still had some popcorn/drinks in the movie.
What?!!? Oh my goodness, well that just reinforces my decision not to go to the theater :( The last few times I have gone, I have taken my friends' kids to the cheap theater and I feed them for cheap at Sam's Club first so they aren't hungry for overpriced popcorn and soda :lol: We used to get by at McDonald's but that doesn't work now that they are older and want "real" meals :shock: