New Disney-Pixar stamps!

Movies, TV, music, and more. Here's the place to talk about anything Disney outside of the parks.

Moderator: Moderators

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

New Disney-Pixar stamps!

Post by Amy » Aug Tue 16, 2011 6:32 pm

Did anybody else see the news that the US Postal service is going to issue stamps featuring Disney-Pixar characters on Friday, August 19th?
They're supposed to have a ceremony celebrating the release at the D23 Expo.
I think I know what one of F1gment's birthday presents is going to be ~ her birthday is on the 19th :D

MmeLeota
Pack Mules Wrangler
Pack Mules Wrangler

Re: New Disney-Pixar stamps!

Post by MmeLeota » Aug Tue 16, 2011 7:20 pm

We are hoping to be at the ceremony for that. I believe Lasseter is supposed to be there as well. It's going to depend on the schedule though. There are a few things that are overlapping, and I'm not sure if that's one of them.

We are both going crazy at this point...information overload!!! I hope my phone is ready to handle all my tweets (and that the convention center has plenty of outlets.... :shock: )

wxwiz
Dumbo Flying Elephants Tamer
Dumbo Flying Elephants Tamer

Post by wxwiz » Aug Tue 16, 2011 11:23 pm

Sweet. Got to get me some.

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Aug Wed 17, 2011 6:16 am

MmeLeota wrote:We are hoping to be at the ceremony for that. I believe Lasseter is supposed to be there as well. It's going to depend on the schedule though. There are a few things that are overlapping, and I'm not sure if that's one of them.

We are both going crazy at this point...information overload!!! I hope my phone is ready to handle all my tweets (and that the convention center has plenty of outlets.... :shock: )
I really have to remember to check my Twitter feed starting tomorrow, or is it Friday? Anyhow, I really want to experience the Expo along with you and Chernabog :D

MmeLeota
Pack Mules Wrangler
Pack Mules Wrangler

Post by MmeLeota » Aug Wed 17, 2011 11:52 am

Friday is the first expo day. Tomorrow is a relaxation day before the craziness begins!

elizabethswann
Pirates of the Caribbean Buccaneer

Post by elizabethswann » Aug Wed 17, 2011 1:23 pm

Really? I need to get some of these. I know my best friend would want them too.

DisneyTimon
Omnibus Driver
Omnibus Driver

Post by DisneyTimon » Aug Sat 20, 2011 3:04 am

Amy wrote:Did anybody else see the news that the US Postal service is going to issue stamps featuring Disney-Pixar characters on Friday, August 19th?
There was a bit of confusion after the session and the line for signing. Unfortunately, I wasn't in the correct line (there were three), so I left for the next session. I'm going to stop by the Anaheim Post Office to see if they have any extra first day issues. They probably won't have those cool D23 envelopes.
Hakuna Matata! It means no worries!

elizabethswann

Post by elizabethswann » Aug Sat 20, 2011 3:41 am

DisneyTimon wrote:
Amy wrote:Did anybody else see the news that the US Postal service is going to issue stamps featuring Disney-Pixar characters on Friday, August 19th?
There was a bit of confusion after the session and the line for signing. Unfortunately, I wasn't in the correct line (there were three), so I left for the next session. I'm going to stop by the Anaheim Post Office to see if they have any extra first day issues. They probably won't have those cool D23 envelopes.
Keep us updated!

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Aug Sat 20, 2011 7:20 am

elizabethswann wrote:
DisneyTimon wrote:
Keep us updated!
Agreed, I'm interested in seeing which characters made the cut. That's a bummer that you ended up in the wrong line ~ really a bummer that there were three lines to begin with! Sounds like they could use some work on their organization!
Last edited by Amy on Aug Sat 20, 2011 4:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Aug Sat 20, 2011 4:23 pm

Crud! I forgot to go to the post office today :roll:
Hmmm, just visited the usps website, not sure I would get these anyhow...somewhat disappointed in them. Has anyone gotten them and seen them in person? Maybe it is simply because I have only seen 2 out of the 5 movies?

boilerbabe
Pack Mules Wrangler
Pack Mules Wrangler

Post by boilerbabe » Aug Sat 20, 2011 11:50 pm

Thanks for posting Amy! I've seen all of the movies, I think the stamps are cute! What were you hoping for?!

DisneyTimon
Omnibus Driver
Omnibus Driver

Post by DisneyTimon » Aug Sun 21, 2011 7:50 am

Amy wrote:Crud! I forgot to go to the post office today :roll:
Hmmm, just visited the usps website, not sure I would get these anyhow...somewhat disappointed in them. Has anyone gotten them and seen them in person? Maybe it is simply because I have only seen 2 out of the 5 movies?
They may not be as "cute" as the recent Disney series, but I think these are well done and do like them. At the D23 Expo, the Post Office personnel not only canceled and marked the envelopes, but she also had us put stamps on our credentials and canceled that. A bonus souvenir. If you're a Pixar fan, they're a must have.
Hakuna Matata! It means no worries!

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Aug Sun 21, 2011 7:54 am

boilerbabe wrote:Thanks for posting Amy! I've seen all of the movies, I think the stamps are cute! What were you hoping for?!
Yeah, I'm not sure. I guess when I think of Pixar I'm still more rooted in the Toy Story side, Luxo and the bouncing ball and such. I have to admit with the previous Disney stamps I haven't liked them all equally either. I put my least favorites on bills :lol: Of course, now most things are done on-line so I don't have to use stamps very often.
DisneyTimon wrote:They may not be as "cute" as the recent Disney series, but I think these are well done and do like them. At the D23 Expo, the Post Office personnel not only canceled and marked the envelopes, but she also had us put stamps on our credentials and canceled that. A bonus souvenir. If you're a Pixar fan, they're a must have.
I do agree with you DisneyTimon, they are well done. Nice souvenirs from the Expo too with them cancelling stamps on your credentials!

mindflipper
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by mindflipper » Aug Sun 21, 2011 10:30 am

I would like to have seen Woody have a stamp if Buzz got his own by himself. I think Incredibles and Nemo did better than Up and Wall-E, so I was surprised by that. Maybe these would be part of a second series of stamps to be someday in the future?

Sleepy90
Flight to the Moon Flight Director
Flight to the Moon Flight Director

Post by Sleepy90 » Aug Sun 21, 2011 11:28 am

Ok you have my interest now. Do you guys have presentation packs for these things or is it only first day covers. I collect stamps in presentation pack form. If you do them this way do you think your postal service would ship to Britain.